Windows 10: display brightness keys not working

Discus and support display brightness keys not working in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; after updating system(window 10), changing brightness fn keys are not working. i have already gone through the following two methods but none seems to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by VivekAcharya, Jan 24, 2019.

1. display brightness keys not working

after updating system(window 10), changing brightness fn keys are not working. i have already gone through the following two methods but none seems to be working:

1. updating display adapter(which is the most recent one, according to microsoft)

2. changing monitor setting(set as generic pnp monitor).

please suggest a solution . . .

:)

VivekAcharya, Jan 24, 2019

2. display brightness keys not working

after updating system(window 10), changing brightness fn keys are not working. i have already gone through the following two methods but none seems to be working:

1. updating display adapter(which is the most recent one, according to microsoft)

2. changing monitor setting(set as generic pnp monitor).

please suggest a solution . . .

VivekAcharya, Dec 16, 2019
  3. sammy Win User
    Brightness not working on Windows10.

Hi ,

On my Dell 5559 Windows 10 , brightness not working.

Have tried few steps from youtube videos but did not work.

Please guide.

Thanks.

sammy, Dec 16, 2019
  4. John Sarc Win User

display brightness keys not working

Brightness Control not working in Windows 10

Hi Ella,

To adjust the brightness, see the steps below:

• Go back to Power Options, and tick on the High performance.
    • See if you can adjust the brightness.

If this not work, we highly suggest that you create an Administrator account, and re-do the steps above.

Let us know how it goes.

John Sarc, Dec 16, 2019
Thema:

display brightness keys not working

1. display brightness keys not working - Similar Threads - display brightness keys

2. Brightness Keys not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Brightness Keys not working: Sometimes when I open my computer the brightness keys stop working specifically, the brighten F6 key, when I press it makes my computer less bright until it reach 20/100 brightness, if I go lower I can then brighten my computer using F6 key to 20/100 again, I have to manually...
  3. Brightness Keys not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Brightness Keys not working: Sometimes when I open my computer the brightness keys stop working specifically, the brighten F6 key, when I press it makes my computer less bright until it reach 20/100 brightness, if I go lower I can then brighten my computer using F6 key to 20/100 again, I have to manually...
  4. Brightness Keys not working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Brightness key not working

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Brightness key not working: So my laptop has done this for a while now and its starting to get annoying. The actual key works but its not changing the brightness so I have to change it manually. plz help me...
  6. Display Brightness toggle is not working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Display Brightness toggle is not working: I have been having this problem for a couple of days. The toggle which helps in changing the brightness doesn't work. whether it is a zero or at 100 it remains the same. I suspect it may be because of a update. Windows update: Intel Corporation - Extension -...
  7. display brightness not working

in Windows 10 Customization
    display brightness not working: My display has suddenly gone to the lowest brightness upon start and I can no longer adjust it in the action center or in settings. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/display-brightness-not-working/8063bd85-76da-4409-8b9a-e806cb7c6679
  8. Brightness keys not working

Brightness keys not working: Hi,. My brightness keys have stopped functioning after I updated my drivers. I have tried the usual hacks posted in previous discussion threads but nothing seems to be working. Can you please help? Thank you....
  9. volumn and brightness keys are not working....

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    volumn and brightness keys are not working....: SO, from last 3 to 4 days my volumn keys and brightness keys are not working at all... I read some questions and answers to solve my problem , and I tried uninstalled recent updates ….but it doesn't work for me please solve my problem....
  10. Brightness Keys Not Working

Brightness Keys Not Working: My Hp laptop's brightness keys aren't working, when I click them, it will go down by 1 and go up by 1 but it wont go down more than this. It doesn't even go to 100% brightness when I increase the brightness. I have reinstalled all the display drivers but it's not working....