Windows 10: Display Brightness levels adjustments occurs unexpectedly

Discus and support Display Brightness levels adjustments occurs unexpectedly in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi there! Recently my display started to behave quiet unexpectedly. whenever I enter airplane mode/ connect my head phones/ enable or disable a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by AliAlkhatib, Jun 23, 2019.

1. Display Brightness levels adjustments occurs unexpectedly

Hi there!

Recently my display started to behave quiet unexpectedly. whenever I enter airplane mode/ connect my head phones/ enable or disable a network adapter/etc... the brightness level would change drastically. the brightness level indicator would not change but the actual brightness increases dramatically, even if it was at 100%. it's not eye-hurting but it is very noticeable.

I couldn't isolate the main cause of this issue.

Also, the night light feature sometimes fails to work properly,

I tend to put my pc to sleep and would only shut it down every 3~5 days.

any ideas? (running Windows 10 1903) /had this issue with the previous build as well

HP Probook 450 g4

:)

AliAlkhatib, Jun 23, 2019

2. Brightness Level Adjustment Issues

Cannot adjust brightness after upgrading to mobile build 10586.218. Same brightness, all the time. Will not change brightness level from either Action Center or Display settings. Does anyone know if there is a workaround for this?

87Yishai16, Jun 23, 2019
  3. Can't adjust Display brightness

Hi Lokesh,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

We understand that, you face issues with display brightness dysfunctional on Windows 10 and I'd be certainly help you.

For a better clarity of your issue, please answer these queries below:

• What is the make and model of the computer?

• What is the make and model of the keyboard?
    This issue could have occurred due to these reasons.

1. Incorrect settings.

2. Corrupt or outdated display and keyboard drivers.

Please refer to the article, created by Akheel Ahmed replied on October 28, 2015, to fix your issue with Display brightness dysfunctional on Windows 10.

Brightness Adjustment

Also refer to the Microsoft article link below and check, if it helps.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/adjust-monitor-brightness-contrast#1TC=windows-10

I suggest you to update the keypad drivers from the manufacturer's support website and check, if it works.

Please feel free to contact us, if you face any issues with Windows.

Thank you.

AntonyJose, Jun 23, 2019
  4. Rose Cal Win User

Display Brightness levels adjustments occurs unexpectedly

Manually Adjust The Minimum Backlight Brightness on Windows 10 Desktop

We appreciate your response. There are 4 methods on how you can adjust the screen brightness in Windows 10. To address your issue, we suggest that you follow these methods below which you're not done yet:

Method 1: Adjust screen brightness using hotkeys:

• Press Fn + F5/F6 can be used to adjust the screen brightness.
    • Look at your keyboard to see brightness symbol on Function keys.

Method 2: Use Action Center to display brightness in Windows 10

• Click on the Action Center icon in the taskbar to reveal the Action Center pane.
    • Click on the brightness tile to increase/reduce the display brightness. If you can’t see the brightness tile, click
      Expand button.
    • Clicking on the brightness tile once will take the brightness to the next level. For instance, if you click on the tile when the brightness is at 25%, the brightness will be increased to 50%. Once the brightness is reaches 100%, click on the tile again
      to start from 0%.

Method 3: Use settings to adjust screen brightness in Windows 10

• Open Settings by clicking on its icon in the left side of the Start menu.
    • At the home page of Settings, click System.
    • You should now see Adjust brightness level option with a slider to adjust the display brightness. If you can’t see the option, click on Display (Settings > System > Display).

Method 4: Use Control Panel to adjust brightness in Windows 10

• Right-click on the battery icon in system tray of taskbar and then click
      Adjust screen brightness option to open Power Options window.
    • At the bottom of the screen, you should see Screen brightness option with a slider. Move the slider towards the left of the screen to reduce the screen brightness and towards to the right to increase the brightness.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Rose Cal, Jun 23, 2019
Thema:

Display Brightness levels adjustments occurs unexpectedly

1. Display Brightness levels adjustments occurs unexpectedly - Similar Threads - Display Brightness levels

2. Brightness level cannot be adjusted

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Brightness level cannot be adjusted: I have downgraded my OS to Windows 10. After the complete installation, the brightness of my screen cannot be adjusted even if the level is at the minimum. I tried troubleshooting and reinstalling Windows 10, but nothing worked. Can anybody help me, please? My eyes are...
  3. Brightness level cannot be adjusted

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Brightness level cannot be adjusted: I have downgraded my OS to Windows 10. After the complete installation, the brightness of my screen cannot be adjusted even if the level is at the minimum. I tried troubleshooting and reinstalling Windows 10, but nothing worked. Can anybody help me, please? My eyes are...
  4. Brightness level cannot be adjusted

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Cant adjust brightness level after Windows update

in Windows 10 Customization
    Cant adjust brightness level after Windows update: Good afternoon, I apologise in advance for my tone but I am absolutely livid with MS. I had a windows 10 update on my HP Spectre laptop last night and ever since then I am unable to adjust my screen brightness via any method I know, certainly not via the f2/f3 keys, they...
  6. Does not display the volume/brightness level

Does not display the volume/brightness level: When you decrease and increase the volume or brightness of the screen on the laptop, the output does not show as here screenshot. For me, it just doesn't show. I have already tried to restart the laptop, as well as restart the file Explorer. Nothing helps... [ATTACH]...
  7. Black screen occured of brightness adjusting

Black screen occured of brightness adjusting: Hi, i got a new monitor today and i wanted to adjust the brightness and contrast. Whilst doing that my hand slipped and the brightness went to the lowest and i cannot see anything. I'm using a Windows 10 desktop. Do you guys have any suggestions as to what i should do?...
  8. adjust brightness

adjust brightness: i have no option to off automatic brightness option and i'm unable to adjust my screen brightness https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/adjust-brightness/51c87999-a4c8-48c8-a9b8-c7e1dd88f581
  9. Missing Brightness Level Adjuster in Action Center

Missing Brightness Level Adjuster in Action Center: I mistakenly unpinned brightness level meter from action center and I don't know how to get it back. Can anyone help me? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/missing-brightness-level-adjuster-in-action-center/49bc6345-f23c-426c-9417-9502cb33ae95
  10. Brightness adjuster not there

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Brightness adjuster not there: The brightness adjuster is not in the action center. I've tried going into power settings to enable it under 'display' but it isn't there either. My keyboard's hotkeys dont work for it either despite all other hotkeys working. I've also tried uninstalling and disabling my...