Windows 10: Display Brightness toggle is not working

Discus and support Display Brightness toggle is not working in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I have been having this problem for a couple of days. The toggle which helps in changing the brightness doesn't work. whether it is a zero or at 100... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by AADITYA, Jan 25, 2021.

1. AADITYA Win User

Display Brightness toggle is not working

I have been having this problem for a couple of days.

The toggle which helps in changing the brightness doesn't work. whether it is a zero or at 100 it remains the same.

I suspect it may be because of a update.

Windows update: Intel Corporation - Extension - 27.20.100.8935 / Successfully installed on ‎1/‎24/‎2021

INTEL - System - 7/18/1968 12:00:00 AM - 10.1.15.6 2 / Successfully installed on ‎1/‎7/‎2021

Feature update to Windows 10, version 20H2 / Successfully installed on ‎11/‎23/‎2020

:)

AADITYA, Jan 25, 2021
  2. joelshort Win User

Brightness Toggle

In Win10 instead of a brightness slider like in 8.1 there is a toggle on the action center that allows 25/50/75/100%. I'm wondering if there is a way to change the toggle options or to at least add a 0% for screen brightness to that toggle?

joelshort, Jan 25, 2021
  3. sammy Win User
    Brightness not working on Windows10.

Hi ,

On my Dell 5559 Windows 10 , brightness not working.

Have tried few steps from youtube videos but did not work.

Please guide.

Thanks.

sammy, Jan 25, 2021
  4. Jaimewu Win User

Brightness toggle doesn't work

Hi all,

Ever since I have updated my new laptop (ASUS Zenbook UX430UN) to 1809 from 1803, my brightness toggle doesn't appear to function properly. So far I have noticed that the toggle would work after a restart and will continue to work as long as the laptop doesn't
    get go into sleep mode. If it does, then once I begin to use the laptop again, the brightness toggle will not change the brightness of the screen.

I have tried going into device manager --> display adapter --> and updating the drivers but there seems to be no avail. Furthermore, the only temporary fix I found online is to disable and reenable Intel(R) UHD Graphics 620, which is a pain to always have
    to do. So is there any fixes for this? If it is a bug from updating windows, would a reset of the PC fix it?

Jaimewu, Jan 25, 2021
Thema:

1. Display Brightness toggle is not working - Similar Threads - Display Brightness toggle

2. Display and brightness

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Display and brightness: Hello, I apologize right off the bat for my poor level of computer understanding. Here is my issue: I am running Windows 10, yesterday i was using my portable computer, then i needed to heighten the brightness of my screen, i did using fn+ f5 all good. After few minutes i...
  3. display brightness not working

in Windows 10 Customization
    display brightness not working: My display has suddenly gone to the lowest brightness upon start and I can no longer adjust it in the action center or in settings. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/display-brightness-not-working/8063bd85-76da-4409-8b9a-e806cb7c6679
  4. display and brightness

display and brightness: Anyone can help. I have been trying to bring down my screen brightness but in settings I cannot find the bar to lower down the brightness. please tell me a way to solve this problem...
  5. Brightness toggle doesn't work

Brightness toggle doesn't work: Hi all, Ever since I have updated my new laptop (ASUS Zenbook UX430UN) to 1809 from 1803, my brightness toggle doesn't appear to function properly. So far I have noticed that the toggle would work after a restart and will continue to work as long as the laptop doesn't get...
  6. display brightness keys not working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    display brightness keys not working: after updating system(window 10), changing brightness fn keys are not working. i have already gone through the following two methods but none seems to be working: 1. updating display adapter(which is the most recent one, according to microsoft) 2. changing monitor...
  7. Missing display / toggle for adaptive brightness in windows update 1809

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Missing display / toggle for adaptive brightness in windows update 1809: When will be the next update to fix the problem of missing the toggle to turn off the adaptive brightness in windows update 1809? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/missing-display-toggle-for-adaptive-brightness-in/bf9d3952-1caa-4112-a239-3e8335bd2c45
  8. DISPLAY BRIGHTNESS

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    DISPLAY BRIGHTNESS: Why can't I change my laptop's brightness? It seems off after updating. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/display-brightness/9ea5c9f8-2faf-4128-ae49-a49c27c3cc1b
  9. Display Brightness

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Display Brightness: after the recent Windows 10 update, I cannot control the brightness of my display screen. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/display-brightness/9d6da9aa-5c09-4279-884b-6be4fa112227
  10. Brightness Toggle

in Windows 10 Support
    Brightness Toggle: In Win10 instead of a brightness slider like in 8.1 there is a toggle on the action center that allows 25/50/75/100%. I'm wondering if there is a way to change the toggle options or to at least add a 0% for screen brightness to that toggle? 15613