Windows 10: Display calibration issue - resets to the wrong calibration after reset/shutdown

Discus and support Display calibration issue - resets to the wrong calibration after reset/shutdown in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Good day fellow redditors. Ive dealt with an issue over the past few months where everytime i start my pc up, the display calibration goes out of wack... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Steel_Eagle_J7, May 27, 2020.

1. Display calibration issue - resets to the wrong calibration after reset/shutdown

Good day fellow redditors.

Ive dealt with an issue over the past few months where everytime i start my pc up, the display calibration goes out of wack and the whole screen becomes green. I have 3 monitors and this calibration appears on **all** 3 of the displays. And i honestly do not know how to fix this, i tried everything.

My temporary solution to this is to launch Windows 10's built in "Calibrate display color". And i dont even need to touch anything, i just exit it as soon as it launches, as soon as i exit the program, all 3 displays jump back to their original correct or factory color.

Ive tried updating all graphics drivers - both for my graphics card and motherboard, but nothing. I even had a remote desktop session with Microsoft Support, and they couldnt fix the problem nor see what the issue was.

This is obviously a software issue as i said, just launching the built in color calibration tool and exiting it fixes it completely but only until the next restart.
    One thing however, i once powered through without launching the calibration tool, it fixed its self for about 2 or 3 minutes before immediately turning back green again.

Thanks in advance

submitted by /u/Steel_Eagle_J7
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Steel_Eagle_J7, May 27, 2020
  2. Cerawy Win User

Windows calibration resets

I got a problem with my with windows display color calibration. If i play a game, the calibration resets, so i have to make a new one again. Any suggestions?

Solved by doing a calibration with nvidias control panel instead.

Cerawy, May 27, 2020
  3. KomK Win User
    How to remove or reset Windows display calibration to the default?

Hi Anil, thank you for responding.

Changing the system defaults, as you had suggested, was one of the first things that I had tried to fix the issue, however it did not work to fix the issue I was having with the display color calibration overriding the automatic Windows calibration in certain
    scenarios. I would also like to restate that resetting the calibration through Display Color Calibration is not an option for me, as I said in my original post: "Recalibrating is extremely difficult to
    recreate the default calibration, so that's not really an option I can go through with." To elaborate on why that is so, previous attempts to resetting calibration through that method were not fruitful and ultimately did nothing to resolve the issue.

Furthermore, in an attempt to fix the issue using a method that I was highly uncomfortable with, I reset my PC using the option in the Update & Security setting in the Settings app in the hopes that
    it would get fixed, but instead of removing the calibration it made it into the default Windows calibration, therefore making it impossible to get the original Windows setting back. I apologize if this complicated things, but given how all my other options
    have been exhausted to no gain whatsoever, drastic measures had to be taken.

4. bobkn Win User

Display calibration issue - resets to the wrong calibration after reset/shutdown

My nvidia calibration resets

I intended to direct you to this thread:

Screen calibration resetting after Creators Update

but I see that you've already posted in it.

I don't know how common the problem is. I've managed to calibrate my display (Xrite I1 Display). The color profile that it generated is the only one visible in the Color Management control panel.

All that I can think of is that if you have multiple profiles visible in that control panel, remove all but the one that you wish to use.

bobkn, May 27, 2020
Thema:

Display calibration issue - resets to the wrong calibration after reset/shutdown

1. Display calibration issue - resets to the wrong calibration after reset/shutdown - Similar Threads - Display calibration issue

2. display calibration issue after resetting the pc.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    display calibration issue after resetting the pc.: my system is attacked with a virus so i reset my pc then the display looks like tinted -10 value. so i went to the service center and changed my operating system and updated all the drivers and bios. and we checked the motherboard and also the hardware checks everything. but...
  3. Display calibration issue

in Windows 10 Customization
    Display calibration issue: I have ny asus vivobook 14. My os went corrupt so I changed my window 10 from the authorised service centre with product Activation. But the issue is the screen temperature is looks like light blue and magenta colour. It didn't showing the realistic colour of the monitor. I...
  4. win10 colour calibration resetting.

win10 colour calibration resetting.: As the title suggests i have made a custom ICC profile using the windows 10 colour calibration, the issue is that i need to open the colour management every time i start my pc even though it is set as the default colour profile which is an inconvenience along with every time...
  5. colour calibration keeps resetting after restart.

colour calibration keeps resetting after restart.: my windows 10 colour calibration settings keeps changing every time when I restart my pc.. I even tried "set as default profile" https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/colour-calibration-keeps-resetting-after-restart/003174db-8a31-4f8e-92f4-330e18fb2d86
  6. Color calibration keeps resetting

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Color calibration keeps resetting: Hello, my laptop had a pretty noticable green tint to the display, so I decided to calibrate it and it seemed to fix it, but any time I close or restart the laptop, it goes back to normal. What can I do ? submitted by /u/chuyaep [link] [comments]...
  7. Issues with Display Color Calibration settings, after calibrating the color accuracy of my...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Issues with Display Color Calibration settings, after calibrating the color accuracy of my...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/XxBryanO [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/i1pgth/issues_with_display_color_calibration_settings/
  8. calibrate display

calibrate display: how do i calibrate my display on windows 10 laptop https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/calibrate-display/1d5ac14f-0a91-4f1e-b3c4-8da6780ba9d4
  9. Screen calibration resetting after Creators Update

in Windows 10 Support
    Screen calibration resetting after Creators Update: My wife and I just updated to the creators update and now whenever we launch a video game the screen calibration resets. (Everything gets brighter.) I have looked on nvidia's forums and microsoft's forums and I haven't found any solutions. Other people are also getting this...
  10. Windows color calibration tool and resetting calibration

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows color calibration tool and resetting calibration: I went and ran the built in color calibration tool in Windows 10 to adjust gamma, brightness, contrast etc but I want to restore this back to what it was before I ran this calibration tool. How do I do that? There does not seem to be an obvious "Restore Default" button...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. screen calibration resetting after restart