Windows 10: Display came back on randomly after Sleep , PC is set to ' Never ' sleep.

Discus and support Display came back on randomly after Sleep , PC is set to ' Never ' sleep. in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I have encountered a weird problem, it's related to Sleep. I have configured my Power Options Turn off the Display : 3 minutes Put the Computer... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by StuartLee304, Apr 12, 2020.

1. Display came back on randomly after Sleep , PC is set to ' Never ' sleep.

I have encountered a weird problem, it's related to Sleep.

I have configured my Power Options

Turn off the Display : 3 minutes

Put the Computer to sleep : Never

after 3 minutes of inactivity, my monitor randomly would turn back on like how ones wake a pc with a mouse , or tap on keyboard. After 3 minutes again, it will turn itself back off.

What could cause this ?

:)

StuartLee304, Apr 12, 2020

2. Display and sleep settings

Hi,

In order to help you with the issue about the display and sleep settings, kindly answer the following questions:

• Have you tried the troubleshooting steps suggested by MVP Andre Da Costa? If you did, what were the results?
    • For us to avoid redundancy of the troubleshooting process, what were the other steps you have done to resolve the issue?

We look forward to your next post.

Regards.

Jesrael Bor, Apr 12, 2020
  3. Display will not sleep.

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. I understand the inconvenience caused to you and will help you solve the issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps provided below and check if it helps.

• Click on Start>Settings>System.
    • In the left navigation pane, click on Power & sleep.
    • In the right pane, select the time limit for the system to go to sleep from the drop down list.

Hope the information is helpful. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Apr 12, 2020
  4. Oliverbgn Win User

Display came back on randomly after Sleep , PC is set to ' Never ' sleep.

PC going into sleep mode randomly even if in use

I downloaded and installed the display driver with no luck. It's still going into sleep mode randomly.

Any other suggestion I can try? Thanks

Oliverbgn, Apr 12, 2020
Thema:

Display came back on randomly after Sleep , PC is set to ' Never ' sleep.

1. Display came back on randomly after Sleep , PC is set to ' Never ' sleep. - Similar Threads - Display came randomly

2. Windows 11: Display goes to sleep when it is set to never

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11: Display goes to sleep when it is set to never: I have tried changing the power settings and restarting them to default. I have tried restarting the pc while changing the power settings as suggested, but still haven't reached or found a solution. Please help......
  3. Windows 11: Display goes to sleep when it is set to never

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11: Display goes to sleep when it is set to never: I have tried changing the power settings and restarting them to default. I have tried restarting the pc while changing the power settings as suggested, but still haven't reached or found a solution. Please help......
  4. PC is going to sleep despite power settings being set as Never/Never

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    PC is going to sleep despite power settings being set as Never/Never: My PC is going to sleep despite power settings being set as Never/Never How can I tell what is causing the sleep and after how long? What could be causing this? 179941
  5. PC never wakes after going to sleep mode

PC never wakes after going to sleep mode: HI , I am using HP CC 129Tx with win 10 1909 Issue 1 : if i leave my PC for like 10 min the screen gets blacked turned off . then I have to force shut down it to use it again as striking the keys and moving the cursor is not helping me . it's like unresponsive . 2 : if...
  6. Display came back on randomly after Sleep specific amount of time

Display came back on randomly after Sleep specific amount of time: I have encountered a weird problem, it's related to Sleep. I have configured my Power Options Turn off the Display : 3 minutes Put the Computer to sleep : Never after 3 minutes of inactivity, my monitor randomly would turn back on like how ones wake a pc with a mouse...
  7. Monitors going to sleep even set to never sleep

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Monitors going to sleep even set to never sleep: I've set my monitors to never sleep yet they do so on an irregular basis. They can go weeks w/o sleeping yet today they went to sleep twice in less than a 1/2 hour. I just double checked my settings and they are still set to never sleep. I did just start using Helios Display...
  8. PC never wakes after going to sleep mode

PC never wakes after going to sleep mode: HI , I am using HP CC 129Tx with win 10 1809 Issue 1 : if i leave my PC for like 10 min the screen gets blacked ( turned off ). then I have to force shut down it to use it again as striking the keys and moving the cursor is not helping me . it's like unresponsive . 2 :...
  9. High performance: PC sleep - never

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    High performance: PC sleep - never: I am unable to get my display to turn off per the settings I have in Windows 10. Setting now are: High performance PC sleep - never Screen saver - 7 minutes Turn off display - 20 minutes Is there some factor that causes the display to stay on? 112464
  10. Sleep Reason: Hibernate from Sleep - Fixed Timeout - Set Never?

in Windows 10 Support
    Sleep Reason: Hibernate from Sleep - Fixed Timeout - Set Never?: I recently did a fresh install of Win 10 Creative Update. I have Hibernate on my pc set to Never. My computer is set to Sleep after 20 minutes which works fine. After it goes to sleep a minute later I can hit a key and it will return from sleep. The problem is after a long...