Windows 10: Display – can't find correct display size I think.

Discus and support Display – can't find correct display size I think. in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I'm using a PC, Intel I 7, 16 Gb RAM and a 1 TB hard drive with a 24 inch display and Windows 10 pro with Firefox 87.2 64 bit. Since switching from... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Sanity_Clause, Apr 15, 2021.

1. Display – can't find correct display size I think.

I'm using a PC, Intel I 7, 16 Gb RAM and a 1 TB hard drive with a 24 inch display and Windows 10 pro with Firefox 87.2

64 bit. Since switching from Windows 7 I've been unable to display one of the websites I use a lot of the time, the Daily Mail Football section. This page used to display full-screen without the advertising side banners, but I can't get rid of them no matter what I try. I think it's something to do with my windows display sizing but I can't find a correct sizing that will display the page correctly. I now the hand, I may be barking up the wrong tree and it's something totally different. I'd be really grateful if anybody could help me with this so I can just go back to reading the football as I always used to. I have attached these display settings I'm using at the moment as well as an example of the webpage I'm talking about. N.B.I don't use Windows Edge as I am disabled and use Dragon speech recognition I don't use Windows speech recognition because I'm used to Dragon as I've used it for about 5+ years now.

Display – can't find correct display size I think. 3e79ef75-9bd4-4115-8224-852de8bf33b8?upload=true.png Display – can't find correct display size I think. 70d87204-c656-462d-a65e-02b10b0f468c?upload=true.png

:)

Sanity_Clause, Apr 15, 2021
  2. Jetster Win User

Laptop display question

Confusing statement! You want to change the display on your laptop that died?

Is that correct?

How do you know its the display that's bad?

Just google "how to change display on a acer 5745"

Should get you to step by step instructions. But first make sure its the display that's bad

Jetster, Apr 15, 2021
  3. Size of display on screen

Hello

Thanks - I have tried this but I don't think this is the problem.....

If I follow these steps: control panel-personalisation-display, customise your display it then says "change the size of text, apps and other items" and this is set at 100% which is recommended.

However, with it set at 100% all the icons on the desktop are too small and when I open outlook the emails are very small to read, but if I open a webpage e.g. the Times newspaper, everything is the correct size but the page doesn't fit to the edges of the
    monitor screen like it used to.

So If i go back into control panel - personlisation etc and set the size of text to 125% (it won't let me set it anywhere between 100% and 125%), this makes the desktop icons the correct size, and emails are readable, but when I re-open the Times newspaper
    online everything has become too large and yet the page still doesnt fit to the edges of the monitor screen!

Any further suggestions?

NicolasHobbs, Apr 15, 2021
  4. Display – can't find correct display size I think.

Size of display on screen

Hello

Thanks - I have tried this but I don't think this is the problem..... Resolution is set at recommended level

If I follow these steps: control panel-personalisation-display, customise your display it then says "change the size of text, apps and other items" and this is set at 100% which is recommended.

However, with it set at 100% all the icons on the desktop are too small and when I open outlook the emails are very small to read, but if I open a webpage e.g. the Times newspaper, everything is the correct size but the page doesn't fit to the edges of the
    monitor screen like it used to.

So If i go back into control panel - personlisation etc and set the size of text to 125% (it won't let me set it anywhere between 100% and 125%), this makes the desktop icons the correct size, and emails are readable, but when I re-open the Times newspaper
    online everything has become too large and yet the page still doesnt fit to the edges of the monitor screen!

Any further suggestions?

NicolasHobbs, Apr 15, 2021
Thema:

Display – can't find correct display size I think.

1. Display – can't find correct display size I think. - Similar Threads - Display – can't

2. Issue with display I think

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Issue with display I think: Everytime I move my mouse in a game the edges sharpen or glitch out, I dont know what the problem is or if it is visible with video:IMG 6467 youtube.com https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/issue-with-display-i-think/4b943c02-ec51-4633-b704-eb45e7da4498
  3. Display size.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Display size.: I have MS 365 and it seems the display size seems to be too large for me. Going into settings>display it is set at 100% and I can only alter it from 100% to 175% and will not let me chance it to anything lower that 100%. Cam anyone help, please, so that I can make the display...
  4. Display size.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Display size.: I have MS 365 and it seems the display size seems to be too large for me. Going into settings>display it is set at 100% and I can only alter it from 100% to 175% and will not let me chance it to anything lower that 100%. Cam anyone help, please, so that I can make the display...
  5. display size

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    display size: For some reason the size of my display has increased. An access application that I am working on no longer fits in the form. An older version of this application does the same thing, so I think it'sa windows issue. How can I resize the screen?...
  6. Size of Display

Size of Display: I accidentally hit a couple of keys I believe Control was one of them which enlarged the display so that it's abnormally large - for example, Facebook - font is very large and display is so big that not all information is shown on the page that is displayed. I don't know how...
  7. Display size

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Display size: I have two Dell laptops with Windows 10 that I use sometimes with an LG Ultrawide monitor. One will use the full width of the display but the other only uses 75% of the width of the display....
  8. Display size

Display size: I have vision problems. Is there a way to increase the size of my image, text, and all, in one single setting? I am using Windows 10, Outlook, Facebook, etc. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/display-size/61ee8731-e314-4aa8-abdb-a00178ab6020
  9. display size

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    display size: windows does not use my full screen https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/display-size/b2ba69d3-4173-4d79-8b77-42f1eca2959e
  10. Display size

in Windows 10 Support
    Display size: I am having problems with not being able to see all of my windows in different programs. I'm guessing I need to change my display size. When I go into settings, it shows it is set at 125%. However, it is grey and does not allow me to slide it over to 100%. What have I got set...