Windows 10: Display changes- not helpful

Discus and support Display changes- not helpful in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I am working with dual monitors and Windows 10. When I select from my multiple Excel files, the screen that does not have the file goes back to the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by CK_2020, Jan 25, 2021.

1. CK_2020 Win User

Display changes- not helpful

I am working with dual monitors and Windows 10. When I select from my multiple Excel files, the screen that does not have the file goes back to the desktop and the file is display on the other screen. When selected, the files that I was working on are all displayed changes again from desktop to the file and the new file is then displayed on the other monitor if I select it. It is hard on the eyes and very confusing.

Before, when looking for the file, the screen does not change unless you select the file. It used to be that if I'm just reviewing the list of files, my screens do not change. And if I decide to open one of them, the screen then updates with the open file.

Now, everything feels like it is consistently moving around and I'm trying to figure out what is open and my eyes are consistently readjusting. It is causing headaches, disrupting my concentration, and slowing down my productivity. How do I keep the "preview" screens from showing? Thanks

Moved from: Microsoft 365 and Office Excel Windows other Office 2016

:)

CK_2020, Jan 25, 2021

2. Display orientation has changed in Windows 10.

Hi,

I would like to inform you that this issue might arise due to the change in the orientation settings in Windows 10 Operating system. We will assist you to resolve the issue.

As an initial troubleshooting step, I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if that helps to resolve the issue.

• In the search box on the taskbar, type Display.
    • Select Display settings from the list of results.
    • Now choose an orientation to landscape and check if that helps.

Or you may try resizing the windows by pressing
    CTRL + ALT + Up Arrow.

Hope the information helps. Please do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Krishna Prasobh V, Jan 25, 2021
  3. Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Jan 25, 2021
  4. Display changes- not helpful

Display Issue Please Help

Hi Ahmed,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. We appreciate your interest on Windows 10.

I understand the inconvenience you are facing while scrolling down. We are glad to help you.

To serve you better, let me know this:

What exactly happens when you shut down the computer?

I would suggest you to try the following steps and check:

Step 1: Update the Display driver. Please follow the steps given below to update the display driver.

• Click Start and go to Run.
    • In the Run prompt, type devmgmt.msc and then click
      OK.
    • Device Manager will open.
    • In Device Manager expand Display adapters.
    • Right-click the display driver and click Update Driver Software.
    • Select Search Automatically for Updated Driver Software.

Step 2: Check if there are any updates for display drivers available in Optional Updates; this might fix the issue. Refer to the following steps.

• At the Start screen, type Windows Update.
    • Click or tap Settings on the right side of the screen, and then select Install optional updates from the left results.
    • When the Windows Update control panel opens, click on “Check for Updates” on the top left corner to receive a fresh list of updates.

Step 3: If the issue persists, I would suggest you to uninstall and reinstall the Display driver. Please follow the steps mentioned below to uninstall the display driver.

• Open Device Manager.
    • Expand Display adapters.
    • Right-click the display card driver and click
      Uninstall
    • Windows will prompt you to confirm the device’s removal. Click OK to remove the driver.
    • After the un-installation is complete, reboot your computer as soon as possible.
    Computer will load the generic display drivers. Now, please go to the manufacturer’s website, download and install the compatible display card drivers for your computer and check.

Hope this is helpful. Feel free to contact us for further queries. We will be happy to assist.

Regards,

Jenith

Jenith_James, Jan 25, 2021
Thema:

Display changes- not helpful

1. Display changes- not helpful - Similar Threads - Display changes helpful

2. Display color change Please help me

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Display color change Please help me: Hello, This issue just happen after my latest update with the Microsoft system. My display is not accurate and I attached image of the difference. Please help me. My display show that this is a color yellow but in my laptop screen it is pink...
  3. Display color change Please help me

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Display color change Please help me: Hello, This issue just happen after my latest update with the Microsoft system. My display is not accurate and I attached image of the difference. Please help me. My display show that this is a color yellow but in my laptop screen it is pink...
  4. Help with display

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Help with display: I recently got Battlefront 2 for free on epic games. About 10 minutes after starting the installation, the game auto launched. I quickly tabbed out as I was in the middle of something and closed the game. Since then there has been like a transparent grey film placed over my...
  5. Display Help

Display Help: I have an HP Envy laptop. I have it connected to an external monitor with an HDMI and I have no problems. However, I decided that I'd like a vertical screen to use for viewing documents, so I took my old Surface 3 out and connected it as a wireless display. However, while the...
  6. Display Help

in Windows 10 Support
    Display Help: Hi all, Apologies, as this is probably simple for all of you but i don't know what the thing is called to have me search for it on google anywhere! Can someone please help me disable this stupid feature on my laptop please? I've attached a screenshot because i don't know...
  7. Display help

Display help: I display my computer on my 1080p HDTV and a monitor. Windows Display Settings won't detect my TV when I click Detect. I know that it's my TV because in the Display resolution drop-down menu, the recommendation is 1440 x 900. Please check these out from Nvidia Control Panel:...
  8. Can't change Display Language (Need Help!)

Can't change Display Language (Need Help!): [ATTACH] Hello. Recently I have started learning Japanese and so, I wanted to change the display language of my OS into, well, Japanese. I have ran into an issue though. No matter what I do, I just simply am not able to change the display language. I updated to the...
  9. Display Language won't change - HELP!

in Windows 10 Customization
    Display Language won't change - HELP!: Hi Everyone, My display language was set to Irish but I know need to change it back to English. I have gone over all the sets such as: Setting/Time & Language and set everything to English and removed the Irish version. I rebooted the machine but its still in Irish even...
  10. Help! Recent MS Update changed mouse display

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Help! Recent MS Update changed mouse display: I need help. Last night my computer installed 80 KB updates. So, when I turned on the computer today, I noticed a sudden significant brightness with my Logitech mouse pointer. [The mouse software was not updated.] I have visual light sensitivity to LEDs and this I can say...