Windows 10: Display Cloning in HDR: Possible?

Discus and support Display Cloning in HDR: Possible? in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hey folks - Based on my initial testing, I think the answer to my query is: No. But I wanted to bounce it off others as well. I have two... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Jason VanPatten, Feb 1, 2019.

1. Display Cloning in HDR: Possible?

Hey folks -

Based on my initial testing, I think the answer to my query is: No. But I wanted to bounce it off others as well.

I have two HDR-capable 4K displays connected to my PC. Windows 10 recognizes them both as HDR-capable as well. My experiment here is with display cloning. Sending the output of the main display over to the secondary one. All is well until I try to play an HDR game, such as Battlefield V. It only starts in SDR.

When I'm not cloning my display, the game starts up in HDR, no problem. So ultimately the question is: Should I be able to clone an HDR display over to another HDR display? Or is that just not technically doable?

Thanks!

:)

Jason VanPatten, Feb 1, 2019

2. I could turn on the HDR and WCG setting on initially today when I connected a new HDR TV.

Hello,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that you are unable to turn on HDR and WCG color settings in Windows 10. This issue might occur due to incompatible drivers.

I suggest you to roll back the display drivers and check if that helps. Refer the steps mentioned below:

1. Press 'Windows
    + R' key together on your Keyboard.

2. Type 'devmgmt.msc' and hit enter.

3. Expand the display adapter option from the list.

4. Right click on the driver and click on 'Properties'.

5. Click on 'Driver' tab and check for 'Roll Back Driver'. If the roll back option is available, roll back the driver and restart the
    computer.

If you are still facing issues with color after enabling HDR on your PC and if you’re using an HDMI connection and your display supports HDR over a DisplayPort connection, use DisplayPort instead to connect your PC and display.

• If HDMI is your only option, use that, and then do one of the following:

Reduce the frame rate

1. Select Settings > System > Display > Advanced display settings, and then select Display adapter properties.
      2. In the display’s Properties box, select the Monitor tab, select 30 Hertz for the Screen refresh rate, and then select OK.

- OR -

Reduce the resolution

1. Select Settings > System > Display > Advanced display settings, and then select Display adapter properties
      2. On the Adapter tab, select List All Modes.

In List All Modes, select the setting that includes 1920 by 1080, 60 Hertz, and then select OK.

Hope it helps.

Sandeep Kumar M

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Sandeep_KM, Feb 1, 2019
  3. Zafatta Win User
    Windows wont display 4k and HDR simultaneously.

I recently got a 4k HDR tv (Samsung UE43NU7100). I connect my PC with a normal HD monitor and the 4k HDR tv. When turning on HDR on my tv the resolution of the 4k tv (3840x2160) gets set back to normal HD (1920x1080) in windows settings. Windows is completely
    updated, my AMD Radeon R9 390 8gb graphics card is up to date and supports and displays in 4k when HDR is off. My Xbox one X displays both 4k and HDR perfectly simultaneously. I use a high speed HDMI 2.0 cable. I have no idea why my pc does this and cant find
    anything about windows not being able to do 4k and HDR at the same time. It also doesn't work if I only connect the tv instead of the monitor and tv. Any suggestion?

Zafatta, Feb 1, 2019
  4. Display Cloning in HDR: Possible?

Windows 10 HDR problems in full screen.

Hi Willy,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

In order to get clarity on this issue and assist you with appropriate troubleshooting steps, please reply with the answers to the questions below.

1. Are you facing this issue with a particular game or all the games?
    2. Are the colors washed out in the game?
    3. How do you get to know that HDR mode gets disabled?

Meanwhile, try the below methods and check if this helps.

Method 1:
    Update Graphics Card Drivers.

Try updating the Display Drivers,
    restart the computer once after updating the drivers, and check for the issue.

Method 2:
    HDR and WCG color settings in Windows 10.

Try the troubleshooting steps mentioned in
    HDR and WCG color settings in Windows 10
    and check if this helps.

Also, please refer to the section Display requirements for HDR in Windows 10 from the above article to check the compatibility of your monitor for HDR.

Method 3:
    Reduce Frame Rate.

Step 1: Go to Settings
    > System > Display
    > Advanced display settings > Display adapter properties.

Step 2: Switch to
    Monitor
    tab > Select 30 Hertz for the Screen refresh rate and click on
    OK.

Step 3: If you cannot find the option to change
    Frame Rate, reduce resolution by going to Display adapter properties, switch to
    Adapter tab, and select List All Modes.

Step 4: In List All Modes, select the setting that includes
    1920 by 1080, 60 Hertz, then select OK.

Step 5: Once you make the changes,
    restart the computer once and check for the issue.

Give it a shot and let us know of any changes.

Hope it helps.

Shafeeq_Khan, Feb 1, 2019
Thema:

Display Cloning in HDR: Possible?

1. Display Cloning in HDR: Possible? - Similar Threads - Display Cloning HDR

2. Enabled HDR Display goes blank caanot disable HDR

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Enabled HDR Display goes blank caanot disable HDR: Hello,I appreciate any help I can get on this.1. New monitor ASUS VGA1 series2. Windows 10 older graphics card NVIDIA GEForce 10603. Upon initial boot using new monitor, signon successful, windows fine4. Used 'display settings' and enabled HDR.5. Display went blank6. Upon...
  3. Enabled HDR Display goes blank caanot disable HDR

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Enabled HDR Display goes blank caanot disable HDR: Hello,I appreciate any help I can get on this.1. New monitor ASUS VGA1 series2. Windows 10 older graphics card NVIDIA GEForce 10603. Upon initial boot using new monitor, signon successful, windows fine4. Used 'display settings' and enabled HDR.5. Display went blank6. Upon...
  4. Enabled HDR Display goes blank caanot disable HDR

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. HDR in duplicate display

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    HDR in duplicate display: https://amp.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/flf7ln/why_exactly_isnt_hdr_supported_for/ Basically same question. How come I can enable HDR on my monitors if they are extended, but I lose that function if it's duplicated. submitted by /u/yjamal01 [link] [comments]...
  6. Duplicate displays with HDR

Duplicate displays with HDR: Hi. I'm posting this because I see very little info and documentation on the subject and I'd like to debunk this.As of now, it is not possible to duplicate a display and keep HDR on both. Even though both displays are HDR capable.I take there is no progress on the subject...
  7. Is it still impossible to clone two HDR-capable displays while HDR is activated?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is it still impossible to clone two HDR-capable displays while HDR is activated?: Been try to figure a way but no luck yet. HDR option simply disappears after the screens are duplicated. submitted by /u/DMTCG [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/l3l5bb/is_it_still_impossible_to_clone_two_hdrcapable/
  8. Is it possible to clone OEM Partition?

Is it possible to clone OEM Partition?: Hi, I have a Acer Swift SF314-54G. I have Windows 10 Home Single Language pre-installed by Acer. Recently, I bought new SSD (Adata SX8200 Pro) because the HDD had seemed too slow to run Windows Applications. I cloned the old disk with AOMEI Backupper to my new SSD. After the...
  9. Is it possible to "clone" a user account?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Is it possible to "clone" a user account?: I've made numerous changes to default settings and to the desktop when setting up my new computer. I currently have one user account, obviously with administrative authority. I'd like to know if it is possible to "clone" all the changes to settings and other items I have...
  10. Cloned drive to new pc possible?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Cloned drive to new pc possible?: I have W10 which was upgraded from w7 ultimate. I cloned w10 to another hard drive and now have 2 drives bootable which i can use. I am going to be buying a new pc without an operating system,before i do can i: Put one of the drives into this new pc and boot form it? Will...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 hdr display port

2. duplicate output 4k hdr

3. how to make a non hdr display into hdr

4. HDR Clone display,
  5. win10 set hdr with cloned displays,
  6. after duplicating the screen screen loses hdr option,
  7. windows duplicate with hdr display,
  8. clone display windows 10 hdr,
  9. duplicate display with hdr