Windows 10: Display Closing Lid and Power Settings

Discus and support Display Closing Lid and Power Settings in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I was wondering about if there was any way for a setting to be changed so that: -If my computer is hooked up to a display (monitor), it would not... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by SimonSchirber, Dec 4, 2019.

1. Display Closing Lid and Power Settings

I was wondering about if there was any way for a setting to be changed so that:

-If my computer is hooked up to a display (monitor), it would not sleep when I close the lid

-If my computer is not hooked up to a display (monitor), it would sleep when I close the lid

:)

SimonSchirber, Dec 4, 2019
  2. KomouPoji Win User

"Only show 2" defaults to "Duplicate these displays" upon closing and reopening laptop lid

Hi,

I would suggest to try the following steps and check if it helps

• Press the Win Key + X to display the
      system menu.

• Select Control Panel.

• Select Power Options.

• On theleft side menu, select the Choose what closing the lid does option.

• Look in the Power and sleep buttons and lid settings section.

• Use the drop down menus in the
      When I close the lid section and select Do Nothing for both options.

I hope the information is helpful and if the error still persists, we’ll be glad to assists you.

Thank you.

KomouPoji, Dec 4, 2019
  3. wenwic Win User
    Keep display ON when lid is closed

I'm running Windows 10 on an ASUS laptop. I have the power settings set to "do nothing" when the lid is closed. However, the display turns off when the lid is closed. When I reopen the lid, it immediately comes back up, and is not in sleep mode. But
    it prevents my security camera from recording when the lid is closed because it records based on the display on the screen. I've checked the Display and Power settings and everything appears correct. Is there a workaround or a setting that I'm missing?

wenwic, Dec 4, 2019
  4. Display Closing Lid and Power Settings

Laptop goes to sleep when the LID is closed while playing the game.

Hello,

I realize the inconvenience you are facing in your laptop regarding the sleep mode while playing game. We will help you.

To assist you better, I suggest you to answer the below questions.

• Have you connected the external monitor to the Laptop?
    • Did you make any recent changes prior to the issue?
    • Are you facing this issue specifically when playing the specific Game?
    • Are you facing this issue after any recent updates installed?
    This issue might have caused due to the power settings for the closing of LID is set to sleep mode.

I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps.

• Press Windows + X keys and select the Control Panel.
    • Select Power options by searching in search box.
    • Right side select Change Plan setting next to the power plans.
    • Select the Change advanced Power plan settings.
    • Under the list select and expand Power buttons and lid.
    • Select Turn off the display under the drop down of setting.
    • Click Apply. Ok.
    • Close the LID and Check if the issue resolves.
    Please post to us with the results to help you better.

Sachin Venkatesh, Dec 4, 2019
Thema:

Display Closing Lid and Power Settings

1. Display Closing Lid and Power Settings - Similar Threads - Display Closing Lid

2. Turn off laptop display on lid close

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Turn off laptop display on lid close: I want my laptop display to turn off when I close the lid with the power connected. This has always been the default, but with Win 11, I cannot find a way to enable this behavior. There is no option in the power settings to turn off the display; only Do Nothing, Hibernate,...
  3. Notebook display still on with lid closed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Notebook display still on with lid closed: In Windows 10, when I close de lid the internal monitor was turn off and I could use 3 external monitor attached to a dock. Now, with Windows 11, when I close de lid, the internal monitor is still on and only two external monitor works. If I connect the third monitor windows...
  4. Notebook display still on with lid closed

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Notebook display still on with lid closed: In Windows 10, when I close de lid the internal monitor was turn off and I could use 3 external monitor attached to a dock. Now, with Windows 11, when I close de lid, the internal monitor is still on and only two external monitor works. If I connect the third monitor windows...
  5. power problem shuts off with lid closed, even with correct settings

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    power problem shuts off with lid closed, even with correct settings: just downloaded new windowsEdition Windows 10 Home Version 21H1 Installed on ‎7/‎14/‎2021 OS build 19043.1110 Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.3530.0 now with lid closed laptop shuts offmade few changes in advanced power setting but the right tweak is not...
  6. How to power up a laptop with the lid closed?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to power up a laptop with the lid closed?: I have an external monitor setup with my win10 laptop and everything works fine and I want to press the laptop power button to power up and start windows with the laptop lid always closed. How do I do this? submitted by /u/cryptotentnew [link] [comments]...
  7. Power Button/Close Lid settings on laptop don't retain

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Power Button/Close Lid settings on laptop don't retain: [ATTACH] Have a curious issue regarding configuring a power plan. Have a new Dell Latitude 5501 running 1909. By default its power plan is set to Ultimate Performance, but I'd like a more balanced profile, so I changed it to Balanced. This profile should keep the CPU...
  8. Setting the action when lid is closed

Setting the action when lid is closed: Is it possible to set this action to shut down, sleep or hibernate the computer? What is the effect on battery life of sleep or hibernate? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/setting-the-action-when-lid-is-closed/7841bd04-51d2-4421-93bc-0bb887938c54
  9. Windows 10 - Power Setting - Closing Lid / With Power Do Nothing - Doesn't work

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 - Power Setting - Closing Lid / With Power Do Nothing - Doesn't work: Hi - I've a Windows 10 Laptop with an external monitor. I've set the Power Setting for Closing the Lid to Do Nothing. But it's not working. The external monitor does not come on. I have to open the Laptop lid to get the desktop to show on the external monitor....
  10. Laptop, Dual Display, Lag with closed lid

Laptop, Dual Display, Lag with closed lid: Hi, I just bought some monitor to use with my Dell laptop and connected it through the HDMI port of the second graphics display. The problem is that when I close the lid, the laptop automatically turns off the laptop display and stops using the internal video card which...