Windows 10: Display collors are off/ gamma to high/ no brightness option

Discus and support Display collors are off/ gamma to high/ no brightness option in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; So i came across this problem while in photoshop. The colors and gradient on my current monitor were to bright, almost if the gamma was to high. so i... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by MelissaZ1, May 15, 2020.

1. MelissaZ1 Win User

Display collors are off/ gamma to high/ no brightness option

So i came across this problem while in photoshop. The colors and gradient on my current monitor were to bright, almost if the gamma was to high.

so i test this with two other monitors who had no problem they are to small to use. i have tried allot of things but nothing would change, its driving me insane.

this problem just happened over night and other art works that i made while using this monitor still look the same and have no brightness/gamma problem.

Things i did:

-tried to change the monitor into 16 bit, was not possible because there was no option this was a known solution for the no gradient problem in PS

-Updated windows

-updated my graphic card

-tired to calibrate the colors wasn’t possible because the option to change my brightness isnt there

-tried to fix the brightness setting by updating display divers

i restarted my pc after every step en there is no sign of the brightness option.

i placed it under this gatagory becasue i have no idea what else it would fit

:)

MelissaZ1, May 15, 2020
  2. John Sarc Win User

Brightness Control not working in Windows 10

Hi Ella,

To adjust the brightness, see the steps below:

• Go back to Power Options, and tick on the High performance.
    • See if you can adjust the brightness.

If this not work, we highly suggest that you create an Administrator account, and re-do the steps above.

Let us know how it goes.

John Sarc, May 15, 2020
  3. Windows 10 in-game brightness/gamma issue

I just did a fresh install of Windows 10 x64 Pro (I previously ran Windows 7 x64). Everything is great until I launch a game. I play Amnesia the Dark Descent which is a very dark game so I know what true black looks like, and for me in Windows 10 the black
    isnt black, its grey, which seems to be cause by gamma or brightness being too high. I ran the Windows calibration tool but it doesnt help as on the desktop brightness and gamma are normal, its only in game where it is wrong.

I have tried updating drivers, rolling them back, messing with brightness and gamma in the nVidia control panel but nothing is solving this problem and I cant seem to find anyone else who has experienced it. I have a nVidia GTX 670 with latest drivers.

serbusfish, May 15, 2020
  4. Display collors are off/ gamma to high/ no brightness option

Cannot change gamma permanently

Hi. My laptop screen is always at high level of gamma. Even when I change it with dccw command, the level of gamma gets high again the next time I turn on the laptop. I hope you can suggest some solutions to this problem

phuocnguyen1998, May 15, 2020
Thema:

Display collors are off/ gamma to high/ no brightness option

1. Display collors are off/ gamma to high/ no brightness option - Similar Threads - Display collors are

2. Lack of auto brightness off option

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Lack of auto brightness off option: Hi, I try to off auto brightness option, and I haven't "Change brightness automatically when lighting changes” option. How can I off this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lack-of-auto-brightness-off-option/74cc6708-aab1-402a-b10e-19011300fb3a
  3. Lack of auto brightness off option

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Lack of auto brightness off option: Hi, I try to off auto brightness option, and I haven't "Change brightness automatically when lighting changes” option. How can I off this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lack-of-auto-brightness-off-option/74cc6708-aab1-402a-b10e-19011300fb3a
  4. Brightness/Gamma/Contrast too high/too low

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Brightness/Gamma/Contrast too high/too low: Greetings.A couple of months ago my monitor seemed too bright to my liking, and since the brightness slider on the monitor itself wasn't enough. After a little bit of searching I found out about the "calibrate display color" software on Windows. Ever since I have tampered...
  5. Brightness/Gamma/Contrast too high/too low

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Brightness/Gamma/Contrast too high/too low: Greetings.A couple of months ago my monitor seemed too bright to my liking, and since the brightness slider on the monitor itself wasn't enough. After a little bit of searching I found out about the "calibrate display color" software on Windows. Ever since I have tampered...
  6. I have problem with brightness/gamma setting

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    I have problem with brightness/gamma setting: I don't know what category this problem is in so I put it in the performance & system failures category. So I have a problem regarding brightness/gamma setting. every time I log into my laptop the screen is suddenly very bright and the color is too white. so I reset the...
  7. No option to turn off Auto Brightness

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    No option to turn off Auto Brightness: [ATTACH] I just bought a new Lenovo 9i laptop and its great. Unfortunately, when I go into Display Settings, there is no box to disable auto brightness. I then went into Advance Power Options and there is no option to disable it there either. Is this normal? The Lenovo...
  8. Gamma and brightness not editable with dual monitor.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Gamma and brightness not editable with dual monitor.: Hello, Since update 1909 of Windows 10 i can't change gamma or brightness when i connect an external monitor but it work when i have only one monitor or i duplicate screen. i have try software like gamma control or ClickMonitorDDC i want to use software like that not amd...
  9. Theres no option to turn off adaptive brightness

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Theres no option to turn off adaptive brightness: I have an Asus Zenbook with Windows 10, and I cant seem to turn off adaptive brightness. The screen goes dark whenever the display is showing dark colors and its starting to hurt my eyes now. I already tried to disable it in settings but theres no option for adaptive...
  10. Display and Brightness Options!

in Windows 10 Customization
    Display and Brightness Options!: Hey Microsoft! I'm not really much of an entrepreneur, and I don't really know if this fit's into the whole "question" category, but I've got a few pointers for you! Actually just one! While I'm fond of the power of 2019's inferno bright computer screens burning the...