Windows 10: Display color profile is lost when switching to second monitor

Discus and support Display color profile is lost when switching to second monitor in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I have two color profiles defined for my second monitor. When I change from Extend to only the second monitor, the profile swaps the the other one.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by theCobote, Nov 5, 2021.

1. theCobote Win User

Display color profile is lost when switching to second monitor

I have two color profiles defined for my second monitor. When I change from Extend to only the second monitor, the profile swaps the the other one. When I open the display settings both options have disappeared. When I switch back to Extend the options return.

:)

theCobote, Nov 5, 2021
  2. Xylee Del Win User

Cannot change color profile for display no 2

Hello,

Thank you for reaching out to us. Windows 10 requires the correct color profile to make sure your device shows colors as accurately as possible. Only when the correct profile is installed on your computer for an image device will you experience color accuracy
    as intended by the company that designed that device. If colors don't render correctly on your display, chances are that's not due to a problem with the monitor. For us to help you with your concern, kindly answer the following questions:

• What is the current build and version of your Windows 10? To check type in
      winver on the search bar and press Enter.
    • Have you gone to the manufacturer's website to download the most updated monitor driver?
      (Note: Kindly get the monitor driver, not the video driver.)

Meanwhile, we suggest that you check
    LG's website
    and download the driver for your monitor. Kindly use the .icm file on the
    Change advanced color management settings for displays, scanners using search.

We'll be waiting for your reply.

Xylee Del, Nov 5, 2021
  3. Second monitor not keeping colour management profile

When my computer goes to sleep or after re logging to my computer the second monitor had lost its colour management settings.
    Going to display settings \ Advance display settings \ Display adapter properties for Display 2,
    the Color Management windows still shows my most recent icc profile still set as default.
    Usually, like most of people, to solve the issue I select a previous icc profile as a default and strait after that I switch back to the most recent one and it fix the issue… until the monitor goes to sleep or if I log out.
    This is quite annoying and many have complained since 2015!

This is an ongoing problem for years and I am wondering if you have found a way to solve it.

Berdine&C0, Nov 5, 2021
  4. Display color profile is lost when switching to second monitor

lost red color on my computer monitor

Hi Yanjun,

Color calibration is something the operating system can't accurately do automatically. To make sure that your monitor is set to display the most accurate colors, you may use the built-in Display Color Calibration utility. Here's how:

• Go to Settings > System > Display.
    • Scroll down to the very bottom, then click Display adapter properties.
    • Select the Color Management tab, then click Color Management (...).
    • Select the Advanced tab then click Calibrate display.
    • This will start the Display Color Calibration wizard. If you are new to calibrating your monitor’s color, click the
      How do I calibrate my display? link for more information.
    • Click Next to begin adjustment.
    • The wizard will now walk you through the steps to access the on-screen display menu on your monitor to set specific color settings.

Remember that changes made through the display menu will be kept even if you click
    Cancel. However, if you're not happy with the new settings, you can revert the changes manually, or reset your display to the default settings.

Let us know how it goes.

Aileen Alf, Nov 5, 2021
Thema:

Display color profile is lost when switching to second monitor

1. Display color profile is lost when switching to second monitor - Similar Threads - Display color profile

2. Monitor Color profile does not display in display settings

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Monitor Color profile does not display in display settings: i can not get colour profiles to show within the display settings. They were doing so until recently, does anyone know why they have gone or how i can fix that?in display settings when im on sdr it used to show the color profile, without having to open color management, then...
  3. Monitor Color profile does not display in display settings

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Monitor Color profile does not display in display settings: i can not get colour profiles to show within the display settings. They were doing so until recently, does anyone know why they have gone or how i can fix that?in display settings when im on sdr it used to show the color profile, without having to open color management, then...
  4. Display color profile is lost when switching to second monitor

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Display color profile is lost when switching to second monitor: I have two color profiles defined for my second monitor. When I change from Extend to only the second monitor, the profile swaps the the other one. When I open the display settings both options have disappeared. When I switch back to Extend the options return....
  5. Display color management color profile

in Windows 10 Customization
    Display color management color profile: Windows stops using the color profile .icm set for my displays. This occurs randomly and every time I access system or display settings. The problem started several Windows updates ago and has gotten even worse with the latest updates. Configuration: AMD Ryzen 7 1700...
  6. Color Profiles with multiple monitors

Color Profiles with multiple monitors: I have a really annoying issue with how my system handles color profiles. I have a laptop connected to two external monitors, each with their own calibrated profile. When all three are connected everything works as it should, but when I turn off the built-in display, its...
  7. Second monitor signal lost but recognised in Display Settings?

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Second monitor signal lost but recognised in Display Settings?: Hi all I have an old Dell Inspiron 3847 that came with HDMI & VDA ports. Up until very recently I was using it with two Eizo EV2336W monitors, one VGA to VGA and one HDMI to VGA. About a month or more ago I lost signal on the HDMI one & noticed the HDMI part was bent, I...
  8. Monitor Display Colors

Monitor Display Colors: Cat walked on keyboard. Now the colors are all wrong. What can I do to return it to factory color settings? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/monitor-display-colors/a8292099-ba58-407e-a68a-20766fedb93b
  9. Monitor lost color

in Windows 10 Support
    Monitor lost color: I have Acer flat screen monitor which has been work very well for a couple years. After cleaning the desktop and keyboard the monitor still works except there is no color. Any ideas 103533
  10. Custom Color Profile lost on startup

in Windows 10 Support
    Custom Color Profile lost on startup: Hello All, I have created a color profile using a colorimeter which I then set as default. However whenever I restart my laptop the profile reverts to the original Windows default. It's strange, because upon startup the screen is using my custom profile but it reverts to...