Windows 10: Display configuration not staying per user

Discus and support Display configuration not staying per user in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Good morning,Our Communications Center has several dispatchers sharing two computers. Each has their own profile and login credentials.One Dispatcher... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by James Scott--69, Jan 20, 2022.

1. Display configuration not staying per user

Good morning,Our Communications Center has several dispatchers sharing two computers. Each has their own profile and login credentials.One Dispatcher likes her monitors arranged differently than everyone else. So when she logs in she rearranges the displays the way she likes I should mention that they have 5 displays per station. When she logs out and an new dispatcher logs in the first dispatchers display arrangement is still set.Is there any way to have the display arrangement be set by the profile?Please let me know your thoughts. Thanks in advance for the help.Jim Scott

:)

James Scott--69, Jan 20, 2022
  2. Solaris17 Win User

is there any demand for a system configurator?

Processor(V) <--drop down arrow
    -AMD(V)
    --Socket(V)
    ---AM2(V)
    ----List of cpu's
    ---939(V)
    ----List of CPU's
    -Intel(V)
    --Socket(V)
    ---775(V)
    ----List of cpu's
    ---771(V)
    ----List of CPU's

etc etc.

Solaris17, Jan 20, 2022
  3. Andriy Win User
    second display configuration issue

Hi All,

My configuration:

Windows 10 Pro x64
    AMD Radeon HD 7800

Latest updates and video drivers installed, no hardware changes for 2+ months, latest significant Windows update 2 weeks ago, latest AMD video driver installed at least a week ago.

I have 2 identical displays connected via DVI to Windows PC over several years already with "Extend displays" configuration, and suddenly this configuration stopped working a couple of days ago when I was in the middle of doing something. Windows just replaced it with "Duplicate displays" configuration.

During PC startup I see BIOS diagnostics on both displays. Windows detects 2 displays. "Show only on 1" and "Show only on 2" options work as expected.

Problem: "Extend these displays" results in display 1 going blank and display 2 shows it's part of the image.

AMD Eyefinity (which creates virtual desktop over several monitors) works fine - which suggests that problem maybe only with Windows configuration.

What is done:

• checked cables
    • removed and installed again latest AMD drivers
    • removed second display from the System Devices, refreshed hardware list and added display again - now I have "Generic PnP monitor" and monitor with correct name in Monitors section
    • searched for latest drivers for monitors and display adapters from Device Manager, nothing found

Next I replaced one monitor with monitor from different manufacturer, and everything works as expected - "Extend these displays" configuration shows extended image.

Any ideas what else can be done to fix the problem?

Thank you in advance.

Andriy, Jan 20, 2022
  4. Kreij Win User

Display configuration not staying per user

Current active users that are friends

The other reason I suggested this is that users can add characters to their username that are not alphanumeric (e.g. user*). This confuses things somewhat when looking at the list.

Kreij, Jan 20, 2022
Thema:

Display configuration not staying per user

1. Display configuration not staying per user - Similar Threads - Display configuration staying

2. Display settings per user

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Display settings per user: I have several users on my Windows 11 computer. I have two extra displays connected to this computer.This is what I am looking for: for example when user X is logged in, I would like to use only one display, when another user is logged in, I would like to use all three...
  3. Display settings per user

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Display settings per user: I have several users on my Windows 11 computer. I have two extra displays connected to this computer.This is what I am looking for: for example when user X is logged in, I would like to use only one display, when another user is logged in, I would like to use all three...
  4. Configure user folder name on user creation, NOT with display name

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Configure user folder name on user creation, NOT with display name: Office 365 organization with several users, we use some extended characters for user names, like call it to a designer optionIssue, as a user creates an account within windows, the user folder gets name after the display name, not after de user email, and that's seems a bug,...
  5. Configure user folder name on user creation, NOT with display name

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Configure user folder name on user creation, NOT with display name: Office 365 organization with several users, we use some extended characters for user names, like call it to a designer optionIssue, as a user creates an account within windows, the user folder gets name after the display name, not after de user email, and that's seems a bug,...
  6. Display configuration not staying per user

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Display configuration not staying per user: Good morning,Our Communications Center has several dispatchers sharing two computers. Each has their own profile and login credentials.One Dispatcher likes her monitors arranged differently than everyone else. So when she logs in she rearranges the displays the way she likes...
  7. Display configuration not staying per user

in Windows 10 Customization
    Display configuration not staying per user: Good morning,Our Communications Center has several dispatchers sharing two computers. Each has their own profile and login credentials.One Dispatcher likes her monitors arranged differently than everyone else. So when she logs in she rearranges the displays the way she likes...
  8. Set language per user

in Windows 10 Support
    Set language per user: Hi, Does anyone know if there is a way to set display language (and locale) per user? I change it and it's changed for all the users, system wide. Thanks in advance! 135499
  9. Start Menu won't stay configured

in Windows 10 Customization
    Start Menu won't stay configured: Hi, all, A few weeks back, after what I presume was a routine update, my Start Menu was completely changed. It had a bunch of apps I had never downloaded, either installed or waiting to be installed, the tile positions were all different, and settings such as whether or not...
  10. Taskbar doesn't stay on 2nd display after user switching

in Windows 10 Support
    Taskbar doesn't stay on 2nd display after user switching: Hello I have a problem with my taskbar. I have 2 monitors and I like to keep the taskbar on the secondary display, vertically at the right hand side of the screen. My other half has a separate account on our PC and she has the taskbar the same way. When she logs in to...