Windows 10: Display Customization - Scaling

Discus and support Display Customization - Scaling in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I would like to scale one of my monitors below 100%. I know Microsoft currently does not allow this. It would be nice if they would allow for a custom... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by MarkOne60, Dec 25, 2020.

1. MarkOne60 Win User

Display Customization - Scaling

I would like to scale one of my monitors below 100%. I know Microsoft currently does not allow this. It would be nice if they would allow for a custom scaling option of your choosing or adjustments in 5% increments down to maybe 50%. Does anyone know if there is a work around? Or an app that allows you to override what Microsoft allows?

:)

MarkOne60, Dec 25, 2020

2. Custom Display Scaling on Multiple Monitors w/ Dock

Hello,

I've encountered the world's most infuriating problem for which I do not believe there is a solution. I recently purchased an HP ZBook 14u w/ it's associated thunderbolt dock. I have two 24" 4K displays connected to the dock. For the monitors, under scale
    and layout I've set scaling to 225% (which IS listed under available pre-set scaling options) and they look fantastic. For the laptop screen however, the recommended setting is 300% (too big) with the setting below that being 250% (too small). Setting a custom
    scale of 275% is perfect. The problem is, if I set custom scaling on the laptop screen, and then plug it into the dock, it carries over to the two monitors (changing them to 275%) making them too big. It seems there is no way to set custom scaling for an individual
    display. It also seems that there is no way to add a certain scale percentage (in this case 275%) to the list of available options within the settings on the laptop screen without setting a custom number.

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to fix this? Are there any drivers, registry tweaks or custom apps that can allow me to set custom scaling for an individual screen and not have it carry over to all the displays when I connect the laptop to the dock?

CiscoKid08, Dec 25, 2020
  3. Disable display scaling on high DPI settings. globe switch

Hi Lasse,

Thank you for being a part of Windows 10.

I appreciate you for providing details about the issue and your effort towards resolving it.

I suggest you to follow the below steps to customize the display scaling and check if it helps.

• Right click on the open area on the Desktop.
    • Select the Graphics properties.
    • Click on Display option.
    • Click on the General settings from the left pane.
    • Under the Scaling click on the Customize
      Aspect Ratio
      and try to customize.
    • Click on Apply.
    • If you want to reset the display scaling settings then follow till the above 4th step.
    • Then under the Scaling click on the Maintain Display Scaling.
    • Click on Apply.

Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Harshavardhan Rathod, Dec 25, 2020
  4. Display Customization - Scaling

Custom Scaling Factor keeps resetting after latest Windows 10 update

Hi,

To address your concern with Custom Scaling Factor, we suggest you to update your display drivers with the steps listed below:

1. Press Windows logo key + X on your keyboard, then click Device Manager.

2. Expand Display Drivers to find the name of your device, then right-click (or tap and hold) it, and select
    Update Driver Software.

3. Follow steps to update display drivers.

Update us on the result.

Thank you.

Angela Pun, Dec 25, 2020
Thema:

Display Customization - Scaling

1. Display Customization - Scaling - Similar Threads - Display Customization Scaling

2. Custom Scaling

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Custom Scaling: Hello!I recently switched monitors and for some reason, the new one is much larger than the previous one. I am trying to set the Display Scale to somewhere around 80%. But it only allows 100-500%. Any help is much appreciated!...
  3. Custom Scaling

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Custom Scaling: Hello!I recently switched monitors and for some reason, the new one is much larger than the previous one. I am trying to set the Display Scale to somewhere around 80%. But it only allows 100-500%. Any help is much appreciated!...
  4. How to fix display scaling AFTER custom scaling was applied in windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to fix display scaling AFTER custom scaling was applied in windows 11: I know, I know...I read the warning. Whereas it said: “You shouldn’t change these settings unless you need to. It can cause text and apps to become unreadable. All your displays with be set the custom scaling size you enter and it can be difficult to go back to your original...
  5. custom scaling messed up my display

in Windows 10 Gaming
    custom scaling messed up my display: I have some eyesight problems, and therefore I changed the custom scaling in win11 although not recommended and now my icons are very far apart and very small. How do I reset this?I tried to get back to original custom scaling and text size but it just gets worse !...
  6. custom scaling messed up my display

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    custom scaling messed up my display: I have some eyesight problems, and therefore I changed the custom scaling in win11 although not recommended and now my icons are very far apart and very small. How do I reset this?I tried to get back to original custom scaling and text size but it just gets worse !...
  7. Custom display scaling per monitor

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Custom display scaling per monitor: https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/caefzu/custom_scaling_per_monitor/ Is this possible by now? In windows10 you have to use custom scaling, because with the regular scaling option, basic stuff like properties of a file are blurry. The problem is that custom scaling,...
  8. Custom Display Scaling for multi monitor setup?

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Custom Display Scaling for multi monitor setup?: Just picked up an HP Omen 27i monitor - IPS - 2560x1440 - 165Hz) to use as my main monitor. I'm using my previous monitor (Asus VG248 - TN - 1920x1080 - 144Hz) as my second monitor. Is there any way to set the Custom scaling option in Windows for my HP Omen (first monitor)...
  9. Custom Display Scaling for multi monitor setup?

in Windows 10 Support
    Custom Display Scaling for multi monitor setup?: Just picked up an HP Omen 27i monitor - IPS - 2560x1440 - 165Hz) to use as my main monitor. I'm using my previous monitor (Asus VG248 - TN - 1920x1080 - 144Hz) as my second monitor. Is there any way to set the Custom scaling option in Windows for my HP Omen (first monitor)...
  10. Custom scaling on multiple displays

in Windows 10 Customization
    Custom scaling on multiple displays: I work with a 3 monitor configuration. I have an Asus Zenbook Pro Duo with 2 screens: - Primary screen: 3840x2160p 15.6 inch - Secondary screen: 3840x1100p, it has the same physical width than the primary but half the height Plus, an external monitor 3rd screen: Viewsonic...