Windows 10: Display cut off at bottom of the screen/taskbar

Discus and support Display cut off at bottom of the screen/taskbar in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; So the bottom of my monitor display is cut off. It is a Dell ST2010 monitor very old but still in working condition. It has nothing to do with screen... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by User11235, Mar 6, 2016.

1. User11235 Win User

Display cut off at bottom of the screen/taskbar

So the bottom of my monitor display is cut off. It is a Dell ST2010 monitor very old but still in working condition. It has nothing to do with screen resolution btw. Can this problem be fixed or do i have to buy a new monitor? Any suggestions? Thanks

This is how it looks now, the problem started occurring like 3 months ago

Display cut off at bottom of the screen/taskbar [​IMG]

this is how its suppose to look when i take a screen shot of it

:)

User11235, Mar 6, 2016
  2. rquez Win User

Monitor Display Slightly Cut Off

Display Specs

• 2560x1440 Qnix 2710 Montior
    • NVIDIA GeForce GTX 980
    The bottom part of my display is cut off. The cut is very slight and I can't see the blue highlighed line that shows an app currently running in the taskbar.

Also notifications get cut in half because they display at the bottom right corner of the screen.

A partial solution to this is using the NVIDIA control panel to resize the display to 2560x1426, but that makes the font blurry.

I have the latest drivers for my graphics card.

Taking a screenshot, shows the accurate display without the cut off so I took a picture.

Imgur

I did not have this problem on Windows 8.1 or 7

Thank you

rquez, Mar 6, 2016
  3. Bottom of taskbar application box cut off

Hi,

I realize the inconvenience you are facing. Let me help you in resolving the issue.

I appreciate if you can provide us the following information to help us understand the issue better.

• How often does this happens?
    • Does this happen while using any particular application?
    • Does Auto-hide the taskbar enabled under taskbar properties?
    • Did you made any changes to your PC?
    Right-click on the Taskbar and select Properties. Under Task bar and Start Menu Properties,
    ensure that Auto-hide the taskbar check is cleared. If it checked, then try to clear it and click Apply/OK. Now see if it works.

Keep us posted on Windows related queries and we will be happy to assist you further.

Thank you.

Nachappa C K, Mar 6, 2016
  4. Carsomyr Win User

I am unsure of that particular model of monitor but somewhere in the menu on the monitor itself there should be a setting to make it fit properly on the screen, if not you can do it via software in the nvidia control panel under display>adjust desktop size and position *Biggrin

Carsomyr, Mar 6, 2016
  5. NavyLCDR New Member
    NavyLCDR, Mar 6, 2016
  6. User11235 Win User
    i could adjust it using vertical position but that's just a temporarily fix. i want to fix it permanently because the cut off can rise higher as you can see above if you compare the two images.

Also notice that onthe left bottom corner theres is a white color onthe bottom display . I think theres something wrong with the monitor internally so is there a way to fix it back to to normal?

User11235, Mar 7, 2016
  7. Carsomyr Win User
    Oh I didn't notice that before, I think your right your monitor is probably on the way out unfortunately...

Carsomyr, Mar 7, 2016
  8. User11235 Win User

now it looks like this can barely see the task bar. Anyone knows what causes this problem? or will it eventually happen to all pc monitors that are really old

User11235, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Display cut off at bottom of the screen/taskbar - Similar Threads - Display cut off

2. Taskbar cuts off bottom of window

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Taskbar cuts off bottom of window: I got a new laptop last week and noticed an issue carried over from my old laptop. I don't know what causes it, but I will randomly find the taskbar cutting off my windows. For example, and this is usually how I notice it's happened, the bottom ribbon in Word which shows the...
  3. Taskbar cuts off bottom of window

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Taskbar cuts off bottom of window: I got a new laptop last week and noticed an issue carried over from my old laptop. I don't know what causes it, but I will randomly find the taskbar cutting off my windows. For example, and this is usually how I notice it's happened, the bottom ribbon in Word which shows the...
  4. The bottom of the screen on my program is cut off

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The bottom of the screen on my program is cut off: Hi,The very bottom half at the bottom of my program is cut in half. I need to see the whole sections as it's a date & timeframe, How can i fix this please?.I tried to add a screenshot but it wont work as a JPEG or a PNG File. It just says failed to upload....
  5. The bottom of the screen on my program is cut off

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    The bottom of the screen on my program is cut off: Hi,The very bottom half at the bottom of my program is cut in half. I need to see the whole sections as it's a date & timeframe, How can i fix this please?.I tried to add a screenshot but it wont work as a JPEG or a PNG File. It just says failed to upload....
  6. Taskbar cuts off the very bottom of my wallpaper

in Windows 10 Customization
    Taskbar cuts off the very bottom of my wallpaper: The subject is exactly how it sounds. I have tried switching the wallpaper settings fit, stretch, fill etc, tried locking the taskbar, and none of those things work. I read suggestions on other sites like reddit to resize the picture and put like a white bar at the bottom of...
  7. display setttings to change for off screen at bottom

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    display setttings to change for off screen at bottom: My display settings had changed and now the display is off the bottom of the screen, not the task bar. I only have 59 and 60 hertz settings to refresh. Are there other possibilities?...
  8. browsers cut off at the bottom

in Browsers and Email
    browsers cut off at the bottom: Has anyone seen this? [img] I get a solid white "bar" at the bottom of my screen when using Firefox, and it persists when scrolling. It blocks whatever content is there unless I keep scrolling but when I get to the bottom of the webpage and I can't keep scrolling, I can't...
  9. Windows 10 cut off the top (sometimes the bottom) of the screen.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 cut off the top (sometimes the bottom) of the screen.: Hello everyone! I have a problem with the Windows 10. It seems it cuts off the top of the screen when I put a window into fullscreen. Its really annoying and I know I can reset the video driver by a key, but its not a solution. I linked a picutre what happening. I have an...
  10. Display cut off at bottom of the screen

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Display cut off at bottom of the screen: I just completed W10 installation and it seems to be working, but the bottom of the display is cut off. I shifted the task bar to the right side or otherwise I couldn't see it. Still annoying. I have a ATI Radeon HD 4350 video card with 512 MB memory and a Dell ST2410...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. bottom bar on monitor display cut off

2. monitor is blurry and takbar is cut off

3. windows taskbar cut off

4. windows 10 bottom of screen cut off and blocking taskbar,
  5. monitor screen cuts off bottom of taskbar,
  6. screen cut in half windows 10,
  7. windows 10 icons cutoff display,
  8. monitor cuts off taskbar,
  9. windows 10 screen icons cut off,
  10. taskbar cuts off bottom of screen,
  11. windows 10 bottom of tasbar cut off,