Windows 10: Display cycles between red green and black

Discus and support Display cycles between red green and black in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have a generic pnp monitor running with the most recent windows 10 update, build 1803 installed with the option in the power settings set to turn off... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by jeffocal, Jul 14, 2018.

1. jeffocal Win User

Display cycles between red green and black

I have a generic pnp monitor running with the most recent windows 10 update, build 1803 installed with the option in the power settings set to turn off the monitor in 10 minutes. However instead of turning it off I get a full screen which cycles from red to green to black. When I hit any key it returns to my desktop and all other computer functions return to normal.
    Could you please help me to correct this issue.
    Thank you
    Jeff

:)

jeffocal, Jul 14, 2018
  2. cvicari Win User

Acer Notebook, display screeen - red/green lines

Acer notebook, display screen red/green lines

If i only get screen with red/green lines, how do I fix, CTL/ALT/DEL does nothing?

cvicari, Jul 14, 2018
  3. cvicari Win User
    Acer Notebook, display screeen - red/green lines

Acer notebook, display screen red/green lines

Sorry, Acer not with me at the moment for model number. I wonder if dog stepped on it ???
    How much to fix it do you think?

cvicari, Jul 14, 2018
  4. joejjv Win User

joejjv, Jul 14, 2018
Thema:

1. Display cycles between red green and black - Similar Threads - Display cycles between

2. Why there are red and green borders on desktop ?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Why there are red and green borders on desktop ?: When I Upgraded my windows from 8.1 to 10. Icons and windows on desktop now appear with red and green border. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-there-are-red-and-green-borders-on-desktop/183cd7a3-92e0-4f22-8243-35f5f766a4ce
  3. Why there are red and green borders on desktop ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why there are red and green borders on desktop ?: When I Upgraded my windows from 8.1 to 10. Icons and windows on desktop now appear with red and green border. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-there-are-red-and-green-borders-on-desktop/183cd7a3-92e0-4f22-8243-35f5f766a4ce
  4. Why there are red and green borders on desktop ?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Red, green, blue, white, black screen display sequence, I cannot get to anything on the...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Red, green, blue, white, black screen display sequence, I cannot get to anything on the...: I've read an old thread about this and tried everything I could to make this stop. At first it went back to the load up screen but then continued on. The last time I tried to reboot the red, green, blue, white, black screen rotation would not go away, it came back each...
  6. Sculpt Mouse Blinks Red and Green

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Sculpt Mouse Blinks Red and Green: USB mouse is working and Sculpt Bluetooth Mouse shows "paired", but can't activate on screen. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sculpt-mouse-blinks-red-and-green/e9674c9d-31eb-4ab2-966d-3650d9d510fc
  7. Windows 10 not booting up and cycles white, black, red, green and blue screens

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 not booting up and cycles white, black, red, green and blue screens: I installed a new ssd drive on my laptop and it worked. Then I switched back to my old hdd to get my remaining important files which I forgot to include on my backup ahead of time which didn't work. Then I switched back my ssd on the main drive bay and when I boot it up, it...
  8. Red/Blue/Green Screen

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Red/Blue/Green Screen: Hi, I have a student who came to see me today with a Surface Go device where the screen will randomly turn to a solid colour and then freeze. The colour that it turns to is based on whatever she set the Windows colour scheme to i.e. red colour screen means screen turns red,...
  9. Windows 10 display gone black with white and green text

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 display gone black with white and green text: Hello As they say, a picture says it better. Would anyone be able to help. I tried to search for new drivers but it said we had the right ones... thanks [img] 93028
  10. Green screen and black

in Windows 10 Support
    Green screen and black: I get green and black screen on videos that I play on Edge, why? 9530