Windows 10: Display delete confirmation dialog

Discus and support Display delete confirmation dialog in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have followed the instructions and the box is checked, apply clicked but I still do not get the option to confirm before pictures, etc. are deleted... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by SuzanneLong, Jul 29, 2020.

1. Display delete confirmation dialog

I have followed the instructions and the box is checked, apply clicked but I still do not get the option to confirm before pictures, etc. are deleted in Windows 10. It has been checked for a long time but now it doesn't work. Is there a fix for this? Thank you,

Suzanne :

:)

SuzanneLong, Jul 29, 2020
  2. Eliptical Win User

Delete confirmation dialog issues

Recycle Bin's "Display delete confirmation dialog" option is unchecked, yet I still get a confirmation dialog when I try to delete one or more photos.

Eliptical, Jul 29, 2020
  3. Can I set file delete to require a confirmation action

Hi Brian,

Thank you for bringing up your query on Microsoft Community.

Please be assured that we will do our best to help you.

I suggest you to place a checkmark in the Display delete confirmation dialog from the Recycle Bin properties and see if it helps.

Follow the bellow steps:

• Right-click the Recycle Bin icon on your desktop,

• Choose Properties.

• Place a checkmark in the Display delete confirmation dialog.
    Hope it helps.

Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance, we are happy to assist you.

Abdul_Malik, Jul 29, 2020
  4. Display delete confirmation dialog

Recycle confirmation or Display delete confirmation dialog

Hi GrantL16

I am Vijay, an Independent Advisor. I am here to work with you on this problem.

Right click on Recycle bin > Properties > Check display delete confirmation dialog and reboot (If already checked, uncheck and OK, then check again)

Do let me know if you require any further help on this. Will be glad to help you.

Display delete confirmation dialog cdf88aa9-bfc7-4e0a-83df-901ca11223ce?upload=true.png

Vijay_Verma, Jul 29, 2020
Thema:

Display delete confirmation dialog

1. Display delete confirmation dialog - Similar Threads - Display delete confirmation

2. How to Disable Delete confirmation dialog for Photos app in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to Disable Delete confirmation dialog for Photos app in Windows 10: [ATTACH]When you’re deleting a file via the Photos app on Windows 10, you may […] This article How to Disable Delete confirmation dialog for Photos app in Windows 10 first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  3. How to disable or enable Delete confirmation dialog box for Photos app in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to disable or enable Delete confirmation dialog box for Photos app in Windows 10: [ATTACH]If you want to enable the Delete confirmation dialog for the Photos app in […] This article How to disable or enable Delete confirmation dialog box for Photos app in Windows 10 first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  4. How to show the full details in Delete File confirmation dialog box in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to show the full details in Delete File confirmation dialog box in Windows 10: [ATTACH]While deleting a file, Windows 10 shows various details such as file name, file type, file location, etc., when it asks you Are you sure […] This article How to show the full details in Delete File confirmation dialog box in Windows 10 first appeared on...
  5. Recycle bin delete confirmation dialog box won't shut off

in Windows 10 Customization
    Recycle bin delete confirmation dialog box won't shut off: I have opened the recycle bin properties and "Display delete confirmation dialog" is unchecked. but it still appears. Any idea how to shut this off?...
  6. Recycle confirmation or Display delete confirmation dialog

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Recycle confirmation or Display delete confirmation dialog: The function is enabled but if I delete a file in file explorer, I don't get asked to confirm. It deletes straight away. Can anyone help please? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/recycle-confirmation-or-display-delete/a577009e-cb85-44d2-930c-880c46866f28"
  7. Is There A "Read-Only" Confirmation Dialog Box App?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is There A "Read-Only" Confirmation Dialog Box App?: Hello, Remember back in the older versions of Windows when if you set the Attribute of a file/folder as a Read-Only, then you would get a confirmation dialog show up any time you: • Attempt to Rename the file/folder, • Delete the file/folder, or • Move the file/folder...
  8. OneDrive Delete Confirmation Message

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    OneDrive Delete Confirmation Message: Hey , Check this link - Ask before delete files from OneDrive folder. YES! That's it. Thank you so much. I did a lot of googling, but clearly wasn't googling the right phrases.
  9. Dialog confirmation box hiding behind explorer window problem.

in Windows 10 Support
    Dialog confirmation box hiding behind explorer window problem.: Hi, I seen to have this problem for example when I open a folder to browse the files and say I want to copy/delete a particular file, then the confirmation dialog box is hiding behind the main explorer window, so I have to minimise explorer in order to click ok or the...
  10. Customize Delete Confirmation Dialog Prompt Details in Windows

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Customize Delete Confirmation Dialog Prompt Details in Windows: How to: Customize Delete Confirmation Dialog Prompt Details in Windows How to Customize Delete Confirmation Dialog Prompt Details in Windows When you delete a single file or folder, the delete confirmation dialog displays basic details (metadata) like the file or folder...