Windows 10: Display Dim on Waking (Windows 10 HDR Only)

Discus and support Display Dim on Waking (Windows 10 HDR Only) in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; My 4k HDR monitor (LG 32UD99-W) is always dim when it is awakened from a sleep state. This is only fixed (temporarily) by selecting a different... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by AT Ottawa, Jun 17, 2019.

1. AT Ottawa Win User

Display Dim on Waking (Windows 10 HDR Only)

My 4k HDR monitor (LG 32UD99-W) is always dim when it is awakened from a sleep state. This is only fixed (temporarily) by selecting a different display mode on the monitor and then re-selecting the original display mode, or by de-activating and re-activating HDR in Windows. This issue only occurs when HDR is active in Windows 10. It does not occur when in SDR mode. It also does not occur with other devices (an Android PC for example) are connected to the same monitor.

The computer is a Dell XPS 8930 with 8th Generation Intel® Core™ i7-8700 6-Core Processor and 16 GB RAM; the graphics card is an NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 with 6GB RAM. The drivers for the graphics card and monitor are the latest available. All Windows 10 updates have been installed.

:)

AT Ottawa, Jun 17, 2019

2. Constantly have to reset HDR Settings

Hello,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I suggest you to try the following troubleshooting steps:-

Update your display drivers and chipset drivers, the following link will help you with the steps. To update the Display and chipset drivers.

Click here.

I suggest you to use the following link, and check the article under "The picture on the display is dim” see if that helps.

Click here.

Please reply back with the status of the issue.

Hope it helps.

Sandeep Kumar M

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Sandeep_KM, Jun 17, 2019
  3. Joan Pin Win User
    display dimming

Hi,

There's a possibility that this issue is due to the Display settings of your device. For us to isolate your concern, we'd like to ask a few questions:

• Is it only happening when you connect your device to Windows 10?
    • If it's not connected, have you noticed certain activities wherein the screen dims automatically?
    • Have you tried using a different HDMI cable?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?

We hope to hear from you soon.

Joan Pin, Jun 17, 2019
  4. Display Dim on Waking (Windows 10 HDR Only)

Broken HDR over display port 1.4

Hello,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

1. What is the make and model of your monitor?
    2. Were you able to use HDR, prior to this issue?
    3. Was there any major change or update on your system, before which you were able to use the HDR option over display port 1.4?

Reply with the status of the issue, in-order to assist you with appropriate troubleshooting steps.

Hope it helps,

Sandeep Kumar M

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Sandeep_KM, Jun 17, 2019
Thema:

Display Dim on Waking (Windows 10 HDR Only)

1. Display Dim on Waking (Windows 10 HDR Only) - Similar Threads - Display Dim Waking

2. Display auto-dim

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Display auto-dim: The display brightness on my LG gram 16" always changes to 50% when I wake the laptop. I already disabled auto-brightness in Settings, kept all drivers & the system up-to-date, and changed power options in Control Panel; but still doesn't work. This started happening on...
  3. Display auto-dim

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Display auto-dim: The display brightness on my LG gram 16" always changes to 50% when I wake the laptop. I already disabled auto-brightness in Settings, kept all drivers & the system up-to-date, and changed power options in Control Panel; but still doesn't work. This started happening on...
  4. Display auto-dim

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. No way to stop dimming/adaptive brightness hdr

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    No way to stop dimming/adaptive brightness hdr: I just brought a Acer Predator XB273K https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07X5MWMDG/ref=ask_ql_qh_dp_hza the Brightness keeps changing automatically while gaming. I'm using a desktop (windows 10) and there no option to turn off adaptive brightness in the power options menu....
  6. Does this HDR video look dim on Windows 10 or is it just me?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Does this HDR video look dim on Windows 10 or is it just me?: submitted by /u/Colahkiin [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/jzdye5/does_this_hdr_video_look_dim_on_windows_10_or_is/
  7. Windows 10 How to dim display

Windows 10 How to dim display: Trying to figure out how to set my screen to dim after x time idle but I'm not seeing a way to accomplish this. Super annoying as my screensaver is the same brightness as my active screen at night. The old "dim after" power settings under display no longer exist.[ATTACH]...
  8. HDR on duplicate displays in Windows 10

HDR on duplicate displays in Windows 10: Hi. I've been trying for weeks now unsuccessfully to activate HDR on two monitors with duplicate display on Windows 10. Both monitors are HDR capable. If I select only one of the displays or extend the displays in Window's display settings, HDR is available, but as soon as I...
  9. Display Automatic Dimming

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Display Automatic Dimming: If I try to watch a video on my laptop, the screen will automatically dim its contrast once the mouse icon disappears. How do I get this automatic diming and dulling of the display screen to remain as vibrant as it should be....
  10. Laptop display dim, but only on battery

Laptop display dim, but only on battery: After upgrade to W10 from 8.1, Laptop display is dim, but only when I boot up on battery power. Samsung NP470R5E with Intel HD Graphics 4000 When plugged in, the display has normal brightness. If I disconnect the power it stays bright. If I shutdown and restart on...