Windows 10: Display dims and brightens randomly

Discus and support Display dims and brightens randomly in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; So I recently got this laptop a few days ago it's a Lenovo Yoga c740 14" and I've been having this weird issue that whenever I watch any type of videos... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by IsmaelDiaz05, Dec 21, 2020.

1. Display dims and brightens randomly

So I recently got this laptop a few days ago it's a Lenovo Yoga c740 14" and I've been having this weird issue that whenever I watch any type of videos my display dims a little bit and then brightens randomly. When I'm on a website this doesn't seem to happen it only happens when it's a video on whatever platform. It's very subtle but it's a little distracting. I have checked for adaptive brightness but it isn't a setting that I can change. I checked for driver updates and there doesn't seem to be any. Even if there was I have no idea what the process is. I have also changed my battery saver settings but I don't seem to see a difference.

Any ideas?

:)

IsmaelDiaz05, Dec 21, 2020
  2. AshS5 Win User

Screen randomly dims or brightens

My HP laptop recently started dimming or brightening randomly, while plugged in to charge. And for the past month my battery dies quickly with usage. I had to install a couple new apps, but they're through Microsoft store, and are off when not in use.
    What is happening?

AshS5, Dec 21, 2020
  3. Sharmian Win User
    After upgrade to Windows 10, screen keeps dimming, then brightening!

I have updated the Display adapters as per another answer, but the dim/brighten/dim/brighten issues seems to be persisting. Can anyone suggest another remedy please. My laptop is an HP Pavilion.

Sharmian, Dec 21, 2020
  4. Display dims and brightens randomly

Win10 display auto-dimming/brightening

I'm on Lenovo Ideapad 510. Been using Win10 which came along with it for almost 1.5 years. From last 2 months, due to some update, selecting/opening an app, dims the display if the background is black. In 5 steps, the dimming changes to a drastic level.
    The opposite happens when a white background is selected. The stupidest thing, is that, for white it should be dimming and for black, it should be brightening, but microsoft is doing opposite. This is getting slightly harmful to eyes - why doesn't it leave
    it to the user like before? Very noticeable at night. Tried many things like turning OFF Night-light, updating display drivers, night-mode OFF etc etc. Still this is the same. Any idea, to stop this?

siva_scorpio, Dec 21, 2020
Thema:

Display dims and brightens randomly

1. Display dims and brightens randomly - Similar Threads - Display dims brightens

2. CONSTANT Sudden brightening of screen, then slow dimming with a SUDDEN brightening again.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    CONSTANT Sudden brightening of screen, then slow dimming with a SUDDEN brightening again.: The screen on my windows desktop computers keep dimming and brightening. It is not the monitor, it only does it with 2 computers that run windows. It does not do it with the same desktop computers running the exact same hardware, with the exact same cables when they boot...
  3. CONSTANT Sudden brightening of screen, then slow dimming with a SUDDEN brightening again.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    CONSTANT Sudden brightening of screen, then slow dimming with a SUDDEN brightening again.: The screen on my windows desktop computers keep dimming and brightening. It is not the monitor, it only does it with 2 computers that run windows. It does not do it with the same desktop computers running the exact same hardware, with the exact same cables when they boot...
  4. Dimmed laptop screen randomly brightens up to the maximum for 2 seconds in a burst.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Dimmed laptop screen randomly brightens up to the maximum for 2 seconds in a burst.: Dear All,I started to have this problem on my Toshiba Satellite laptop recently. At night, I always dim the screen brightness to the minimum. A month ago, the dimmed screen started to flare up for 2 second randomly. When it brightens up it happens in a burst, so it does 2 or...
  5. Dimmed laptop screen randomly brightens up to the maximum for 2 seconds in a burst.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Dimmed laptop screen randomly brightens up to the maximum for 2 seconds in a burst.: Dear All,I started to have this problem on my Toshiba Satellite laptop recently. At night, I always dim the screen brightness to the minimum. A month ago, the dimmed screen started to flare up for 2 second randomly. When it brightens up it happens in a burst, so it does 2 or...
  6. Dimmed laptop screen randomly brightens up to the maximum for 2 seconds in a burst.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. Screen randomly dims or brightens

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Screen randomly dims or brightens: My HP laptop recently started dimming or brightening randomly, while plugged in to charge. And for the past month my battery dies quickly with usage. I had to install a couple new apps, but they're through Microsoft store, and are off when not in use. What is happening?...
  8. Screen dims and brightens every few seconds

in Windows 10 Customization
    Screen dims and brightens every few seconds: The screen on my Dell Inspiron 5555 laptop keeps dimming then brightening every few seconds. I'm running Windows 10 with the October 2018 update. I've tried to adjust the battery settings, the power mode, and the brightness, but I've had no luck solving the problem. Is...
  9. Win10 display auto-dimming/brightening

in Windows 10 Customization
    Win10 display auto-dimming/brightening: I'm on Lenovo Ideapad 510. Been using Win10 which came along with it for almost 1.5 years. From last 2 months, due to some update, selecting/opening an app, dims the display if the background is black. In 5 steps, the dimming changes to a drastic level. The opposite happens...
  10. Screen dimming and brightening on its own.

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Screen dimming and brightening on its own.: My monitor seems to be dimming and brightening on its own. My system is a desktop with a monitor which is really a flatscreen tv. Everytime I close out something the screen dims. When I open up something it brightens again but it may not stay bright. When doing MS Word it...