Windows 10: Display distorted

Discus and support Display distorted in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; My Dell laptop has multiple horizontal and verticle lines across my start screen, some blocking my task bar. WHY and How to fix ?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Skip#Walker, Oct 21, 2019.

1. Display distorted

My Dell laptop has multiple horizontal and verticle lines across my start screen, some blocking my task bar. WHY and How to fix ?

:)

Skip#Walker, Oct 21, 2019

2. Windows 10 Distorted Display

Mine was not back to normal upon re-boot either, because I had display resolution to adapt to the distortion. (Everything was very small). Changed the display resolution from 1920 x 1080 to 1600 x 900, and everything looks good now.

WillBeatty, Oct 21, 2019
  3. Opie540 Win User
    sound distorted after windows 10 anniversary upgrade

This is where I'm at on my HP laptop with Windows 10 and the Anniversary update.

I completed step #3 "hardware and sound" but that took me to an option for "sound, speakers." There was no "properties" as step #4 suggests. I selected "sound, speakers" and then found "properties." After selecting "properties" there was no "enhancements
    tab" as step #5 suggests.

Regardless, I then uninstalled the realtek audio driver. I noticed that when I did this without restarting my laptop that the sound was now tinny, but not distorted as it was previously. After restarting, the sound was again full, yet distorted.

Realtek still shows in my programs list, though it shows no memory is used.

Thanks for your continued help.

Opie540, Oct 21, 2019
  4. Display distorted

Screen Display is Distorted

Upon logging on this morning, my (Windows 10) screen display was distorted horizontally - stretched sideways, basically. The Icons were all larger than normal, as well.

I have played with various "Display" and "View' settings, and also searched for a Graphics Driver update (was told I have the latest driver).

Any suggestions? Thanks!

BenAllbrandt, Oct 21, 2019
Thema:

Display distorted

1. Display distorted - Similar Threads - Display distorted

2. the DVD player is displaying distorted images How to fix it?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    the DVD player is displaying distorted images How to fix it?: the DVD player is displaying distorted images How to fix it?***Move from Microsoft 365 and Office / Other / For business / Other*** https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-dvd-player-is-displaying-distorted-images-how/6ea693bb-98a4-429b-b9bb-263fc47a0c7a
  3. the DVD player is displaying distorted images How to fix it?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    the DVD player is displaying distorted images How to fix it?: the DVD player is displaying distorted images How to fix it?***Move from Microsoft 365 and Office / Other / For business / Other*** https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-dvd-player-is-displaying-distorted-images-how/6ea693bb-98a4-429b-b9bb-263fc47a0c7a
  4. the DVD player is displaying distorted images How to fix it?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. How do I fix the distortion of color when duplicating my display?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do I fix the distortion of color when duplicating my display?: When I extend or go to Display 2 my image color is correct, but when I duplicate it is terrible. The coloring is very distorted. My video card is up to date on the drivers. I am at a loss right now....
  6. How do I fix the distortion of color when duplicating my display?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I fix the distortion of color when duplicating my display?: When I extend or go to Display 2 my image color is correct, but when I duplicate it is terrible. The coloring is very distorted. My video card is up to date on the drivers. I am at a loss right now....
  7. How do I fix the distortion of color when duplicating my display?

8. I recently built a computer, sometimes the display slows down and audio distorts. sometimes...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    I recently built a computer, sometimes the display slows down and audio distorts. sometimes...: Hey microsoft, i know this really isnt your thing and hardware but i wanted to put my problem on here. recently a had a prebuilt computer that had a broken cpu and it kept makeing this freezing and buzzing noise. recently i built a pc and ive been really scared that something...
  9. I recently built a computer, sometimes the display slows down and audio distorts. sometimes...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I recently built a computer, sometimes the display slows down and audio distorts. sometimes...: Hey microsoft, i know this really isnt your thing and hardware but i wanted to put my problem on here. recently a had a prebuilt computer that had a broken cpu and it kept makeing this freezing and buzzing noise. recently i built a pc and ive been really scared that something...
  10. I recently built a computer, sometimes the display slows down and audio distorts. sometimes...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. distorted display after update 2019 fix