Windows 10: Display Does Not Cover Whole Screen, Black Spaces Above and Below.

Discus and support Display Does Not Cover Whole Screen, Black Spaces Above and Below. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Screen display is smaller than usual, it covers only the middle part of the actual screen and it has black spaces on top and bottom of the screen.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by James Akexander, Apr 17, 2019.

1. Display Does Not Cover Whole Screen, Black Spaces Above and Below.

Screen display is smaller than usual, it covers only the middle part of the actual screen and it has black spaces on top and bottom of the screen. Asked for help via chat support, and the assistant Joniel Alvin tried to fix it but was unable, he then proceeded to rate himself with 5 stars and marked it as resolved, when it wasn't.

Any ideas as to what it is that I can do to have my display fill the screen again?

thanks,

James A

:)

James Akexander, Apr 17, 2019

2. Issue with black screen, dual display, ATI Integrated GPU

Hi,

I suggest you to follow the below methods and check if it helps.

Method 1: I suggest you to go to device manager and disable the display drivers, check whether the issue persists or not.

• Press Windows + X keys and click
      Device manager.
    • Click to expand Display adapters, right click the second adapter and click
      Disable.
    • Restart the computer and check whether the issue persists or not.
    • Repeat the same steps to disable the first display adapter and check if it helps.

If you find the issue is with anyone of the display adapters then, I suggest you to update the display drivers from the manufactures website for Windows 10 and check if it helps.

Method 2: I suggest you to follow the steps form the below article for
    “Black Screen” issues and check if it helps.

Troubleshoot black screen problems

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/troubleshoot-black-screen-problems

Please get back to us with an update on this issue, we will be happy to assist you further.

Thank you

Karthicka_R, Apr 17, 2019
  3. Double Win User
    Black space in maximum resolution?

I recently upgraded a Dell Dimension E520 from XP to Windows 10. I'm having trouble getting an Acer AL2016W monitor to fit in its maximum resolution of 1680x1050. When i choose this resolution in the Display Settings, the screen is pushed to the right and a black space remains on the left. I tried moving the screen over using the monitors' settings but it slips under the space, and only moves a quarter of the way. The mouse cannot move into this space either.

I tried updating the drivers but am told "Windows has determined the driver software for your device is up to date."
    • Display adapter - Intel(R) G965 Express Chipset Family (Microsoft Corporation - WDDM 1.1)
    • Monitor - Generic Non-PnP Monitor
    I took a pic of the screen.. sorry for the bad lighting, I highlighted the space in red

Display Does Not Cover Whole Screen, Black Spaces Above and Below. [​IMG]

Double, Apr 17, 2019
  4. Display Does Not Cover Whole Screen, Black Spaces Above and Below.

Black screen error

Hello,

There are several reasons why you are facing a black screen issue. One of these is due to outdated or incorrect device drivers. For us to figure out what's causing this, provide more details by answering the listed questions:

• Can you confirm to us if you are using a laptop or a computer?
    • Have you made any recent changes to your device prior to this happening?
    • What exactly were you doing when the error occurred?
    • Have you tried any troubleshooting steps to resolve this? If yes, specify all of the steps that you have done.

As an initial part of troubleshooting, we suggest following the steps given on this article:

Troubleshoot black screen or blank screen errors
    . This will help you diagnose and rectify most of the known black screen concerns.

We will wait for your response.

Dhavelyn Mer, Apr 17, 2019
Thema:

Display Does Not Cover Whole Screen, Black Spaces Above and Below.

1. Display Does Not Cover Whole Screen, Black Spaces Above and Below. - Similar Threads - Display Does Cover

2. Black bar covering bottom of screen/taskbar.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Black bar covering bottom of screen/taskbar.: My screen has been like this for a while, but i didn't think much of it since it started out small and it didn't bother me because it was only blocking a very small portion of the bottom of the screen, I was able to click the start button and search and use my taskbar fine...
  3. win11 - Snipping tool on multiple display - does not cover the screens

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    win11 - Snipping tool on multiple display - does not cover the screens: HiWorking on win11, with 3 monitors display.The snipping tool win+shift+s covers only part of the display.is there any work around for that issue?...
  4. win11 - Snipping tool on multiple display - does not cover the screens

in Windows 10 Gaming
    win11 - Snipping tool on multiple display - does not cover the screens: HiWorking on win11, with 3 monitors display.The snipping tool win+shift+s covers only part of the display.is there any work around for that issue?...
  5. maximized windows don't cover the whole screen

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    maximized windows don't cover the whole screen: [ATTACH] Some days ago I noticed that while looking at the right side of my screen, there is a small portion of my desktop, about 1 or 2 pixels wide, showing, even if the windows are completely maximized, did anybody have a similar problem, or does anyone know how to solve...
  6. Black screen with window and scrolling below

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Black screen with window and scrolling below: I want to install Windows 10 and after set up process while automatically restarting it's showing black screen with window sign and below it white scrolling . I waited for more than 6 hrs but it's not openingg.....
  7. Whole screen goes black

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Whole screen goes black: Hello, This issue has been happening for over a month, and it's so annoying! It first happened when I tried to play a Youtube video. Basically what happened was I clicked on the video, it loaded for half a second, then froze for about 2 seconds, then my screen completely...
  8. Black window covering primary screen

in Windows 10 Customization
    Black window covering primary screen: For awhile now, if I leave my computer unattended and it turns my monitors off I have disabled sleep and hibernation, it is a desktop, when I move the cursor or press any key to turn the monitors back on, the primary monitor will sometimes have a large black window in the...
  9. New wallpaper does not cover the whole screen?

in Windows 10 Customization
    New wallpaper does not cover the whole screen?: Since I found my old wallpaper boring after all these years, I decided to make a new one. The problem is that it does not cover the whole screen, but only a part of it and the upper border is completely black The screen now looks like this [ATTACH] What can I do...
  10. Video Picture on TV not covering whole screen/ monitor

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Video Picture on TV not covering whole screen/ monitor: The video picture on the TV is not covering the whole TV screen, is leaving big space on the sides of the screen. How can i have the TV display the picture on the whole screen?...