Windows 10: display does not fill screen completely. black areas on either side of reduced-sized display

Discus and support display does not fill screen completely. black areas on either side of reduced-sized display in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; display does not fill screen completely. black areas on either side of reduced-sized display... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by VincentPetro, Dec 1, 2018.

1. display does not fill screen completely. black areas on either side of reduced-sized display

display does not fill screen completely. black areas on either side of reduced-sized display

:)

VincentPetro, Dec 1, 2018

2. notification area on all display

Hi,

To resolve your concern regarding notification area, we suggest that you follow the steps below:

• Right click Taskbar.
    • Select Properties.
    • Untick Show taskbar on all displays; then, Apply.
    • Drag the remaining primary monitor taskbar to the screen you want.
    • Tick Show taskbar on all displays.

We appreciate it if you could get back to us and provide us your feedback.

Michael Gall, Dec 1, 2018
  3. Issue with black screen, dual display, ATI Integrated GPU

Hi,

I suggest you to follow the below methods and check if it helps.

Method 1: I suggest you to go to device manager and disable the display drivers, check whether the issue persists or not.

• Press Windows + X keys and click
      Device manager.
    • Click to expand Display adapters, right click the second adapter and click
      Disable.
    • Restart the computer and check whether the issue persists or not.
    • Repeat the same steps to disable the first display adapter and check if it helps.

If you find the issue is with anyone of the display adapters then, I suggest you to update the display drivers from the manufactures website for Windows 10 and check if it helps.

Method 2: I suggest you to follow the steps form the below article for
    “Black Screen” issues and check if it helps.

Troubleshoot black screen problems

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/troubleshoot-black-screen-problems

Please get back to us with an update on this issue, we will be happy to assist you further.

Thank you

Karthicka_R, Dec 1, 2018
  4. froggy Win User

display does not fill screen completely. black areas on either side of reduced-sized display

Can't reduce character display sizes

My character display sizes are far, far too big and I can't reduce them.
    Please help

froggy, Dec 1, 2018
Thema:

1. display does not fill screen completely. black areas on either side of reduced-sized display - Similar Threads - display does fill

2. 2nd display has large margins on either side of the screen and wont fill out fully

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    2nd display has large margins on either side of the screen and wont fill out fully: i have 2 laptops and one monitor. i am trying to use of of the laptops as an additional monitor and extend the display wirelessly. it works, but the print is small and wont let me adjust it and the margin boxes wont let me fill out the entire 13" screen which defeats the...
  3. 2nd display has large margins on either side of the screen and wont fill out fully

in Windows 10 Gaming
    2nd display has large margins on either side of the screen and wont fill out fully: i have 2 laptops and one monitor. i am trying to use of of the laptops as an additional monitor and extend the display wirelessly. it works, but the print is small and wont let me adjust it and the margin boxes wont let me fill out the entire 13" screen which defeats the...
  4. display not filling screen.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    display not filling screen.: I recently downgraded to a Radeon 5770 and the display does not fill the monitor. I've tried downloading the drivers and changing my resolution but it still doesn't change anything please help...
  5. Screen display size

in Windows 10 Customization
    Screen display size: I have Windows 10 on myPC. Everything was working fine until I stupidly set the display to 500 percent and now I cant get it back to normal size. Pressing the Windows key on my keyboard I can see Settings but dont know where to go from there. Any ideas?...
  6. how to reduce the size of window displays

how to reduce the size of window displays: how to reduce the size of windows https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-reduce-the-size-of-window-displays/d7a3f259-3c5f-4fae-ba22-1128024e4075
  7. reduce display on screen in Windows10

reduce display on screen in Windows10: how to reduce monitor's display size in Windows10? thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/reduce-display-on-screen-in-windows10/ee216061-1e7e-4620-bc6b-bd438091e353
  8. Display does not fill the screen

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Display does not fill the screen: Just taken delivery of a Dell U2717D lovely display except for this: NVIDIA GeForce GT 730 graphics acrd set to 2560 x 1440. If I now display a photo of 2560 x 1440 pixels I would have expected the screen to be full, but no. I have a black border over an inch in depth on...
  9. Display won't fill screen

Display won't fill screen: Someone played with my Surface Pro and now there is a black border around the scree. The display image doesn't fill the screen as it did before. There is about a 1" black border around the display. I can't find a "full screen" setting. Any help?...
  10. Can't reduce character display sizes

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't reduce character display sizes: My character display sizes are far, far too big and I can't reduce them. Please help 16393

Users found this page by searching for:

1. pc games will not fill screen black margin either side please help

2. how to fill in black areas on display