Windows 10: Display does not sleep!

Discus and support Display does not sleep! in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Display does not sleep! Edit found the culprit: Usb connected synthesizer. when unplugged display can turn off. It works properly so i dont know... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by bobalazs, Jul 10, 2020.

1. bobalazs Win User

Display does not sleep!

Display does not sleep!

Edit found the culprit:

Usb connected synthesizer. when unplugged display can turn off.

It works properly so i dont know why it does that.

I just fresh installed from pendrive windows 10 2004 downloaded from Microsoft. First and only thing i did was install amd radeon software 20.7.1. Set monitor to turn off two minutes and nothing happens! Literally nothing running, just bare windows. I made a report already and gave it another shot with fresh install today Time wasted.

System Configuration

• Motherboard: Asus H310 motherboard

• CPU: i5 8500

• PSU: 800W CoolerMaster

• Displays

• AOC Q3279VWFD8 DP 1440p 75hz FreeSync

• System Memory: 16GB Dual Channel 2133 MHz

• GPU VBIOS: Sapphire Pulse 5600 XT VBIOS: I017.001.000.049.000000

• OS Version: Windows 10 x64 Version: 19041.264 currently

• Driver: Radeon Software Adrenalin 2020 Edition 20.7.1

• Applications: DX 11, dx 12, vulkan

• **Background Apps steam epic l.

• Radeon Software Settings: Instant Replay off, Anti-Lag off, Radeon Image Sharpening off Enhance Sync off

:)

bobalazs, Jul 10, 2020

2. Display and sleep settings

Hi,

In order to help you with the issue about the display and sleep settings, kindly answer the following questions:

• Have you tried the troubleshooting steps suggested by MVP Andre Da Costa? If you did, what were the results?
    • For us to avoid redundancy of the troubleshooting process, what were the other steps you have done to resolve the issue?

We look forward to your next post.

Regards.

Jesrael Bor, Jul 10, 2020
  3. Display will not sleep.

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. I understand the inconvenience caused to you and will help you solve the issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps provided below and check if it helps.

• Click on Start>Settings>System.
    • In the left navigation pane, click on Power & sleep.
    • In the right pane, select the time limit for the system to go to sleep from the drop down list.

Hope the information is helpful. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Jul 10, 2020
  4. Display does not sleep!

Laptop display does not detect itself

Hi,

In regards to your concern, since the second screen can't detect the display settings of your other laptop, we suggest that you perform the steps below and see if it helps:

• Go to Settings.
    • Click on System.
    • Under System, choose Display.
    • Under Multiple displays, click on Duplicate these displays and apply.
    Let us know the details so we could further help.

Acelyn Alc, Jul 10, 2020
Thema:

Display does not sleep!

1. Display does not sleep! - Similar Threads - Display does sleep

2. Display no longer sleeps

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Display no longer sleeps: Starting this morning, my displays no longer turn off after the 2 minute idle setting I've set in the custom power plan I created over a year ago. It's worked fine all this time until this morning - I know of nothing that has changed....
  3. Display no longer sleeps

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Display no longer sleeps: Starting this morning, my displays no longer turn off after the 2 minute idle setting I've set in the custom power plan I created over a year ago. It's worked fine all this time until this morning - I know of nothing that has changed....
  4. Display / Device does not sleep according to settings

Display / Device does not sleep according to settings: I have Windows 11 Pro installed on a newly built desktop. Display is set to sleep at 5 minutes and device is set to sleep at 10 minutes. Only one user account exists on the device. When that user is logged in, the display nor the device sleeps at the designated times. If the...
  5. Display / Device does not sleep according to settings

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Display / Device does not sleep according to settings: I have Windows 11 Pro installed on a newly built desktop. Display is set to sleep at 5 minutes and device is set to sleep at 10 minutes. Only one user account exists on the device. When that user is logged in, the display nor the device sleeps at the designated times. If the...
  6. Sleep does not work

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sleep does not work: Something is changed on this PC. My cousin borrows this and now my sleep is not working anymore. It turns on even when its sleep. Please help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sleep-does-not-work/bef28fc8-b452-4fa6-b160-e694cfe53c1e
  7. Sleep does not work

Sleep does not work: Something is changed on this PC. My cousin borrows this and now my sleep is not working anymore. It turns on even when its sleep. Please help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sleep-does-not-work/bef28fc8-b452-4fa6-b160-e694cfe53c1e
  8. Sleeping the display - just cycles wake/sleep

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Sleeping the display - just cycles wake/sleep: Hello all, I have a new rig, still working out some bugs, but this is my first PC, coming from a Mac ecosystem. When I set up sleep settings, I have the screensaver start after 10 minutes, then display sleep after 20 minutes. When that time comes, the display I have just...
  9. Screen does not come back/ Laptop does not go to sleep when display off.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Screen does not come back/ Laptop does not go to sleep when display off.: So I've been facing this issue maybe since over a year. The problem is my laptop hangs whenever I turn off display manually or it turns off via timer in Power & Sleep settings. No matter what key I press, display does not turn back on, and the sleep timer (for example display...
  10. Display won't Sleep

in Windows 10 Support
    Display won't Sleep: I am unable to get my display to turn off per the settings I have in Windows 10. Setting now are: High performance PC sleep - never Screen saver - 7 minutes Turn off display - 20 minutes Is there some factor that causes the display to stay on? 112464