Windows 10: Display does not turn on after booting

Discus and support Display does not turn on after booting in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hi, I have a Samsung S32R750U monitor. The monitor does not come on everytime i re start the laptop. I have to unplug and re plug the HDMI cable to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by NisalRanaweera1, Nov 21, 2020.

1. Display does not turn on after booting

Hi,

I have a Samsung S32R750U monitor. The monitor does not come on everytime i re start the laptop. I have to unplug and re plug the HDMI cable to get it working. The monitor is constantly powered and connected to laptop even when the system is turned off. The laptop screen goes blank indicating that it is detecting an external monitor.

:)

NisalRanaweera1, Nov 21, 2020
  2. jorog(2) Win User

Display does not turn off when pc is idle

Just did all the suggestions. Did not work. Display does not turn off.

This issue was from the beginning when I downloaded Win 10. I had Win 8.1 and the display always turned off as I set it.

My pc is HP Pavilion Touchsmart 23 all-in-one. According to "checking for updated drivers on display and monitors", I always get the response that the drivers currently installed are the correct ones.

jorog(2), Nov 21, 2020
  3. GNJha Win User
    Boot Process

Hi,

Please suggest me a link that can explain the boot process step by step of ...

• Windows 7,
    • Windows 8.1,
    • Windows 10,
    • Windows Server 2008 R2 and
    • Windows Server 2012 R2

With Regards

InTech

GNJha, Nov 21, 2020
  4. Display does not turn on after booting

Display and booting black screen problem

Hi Aravind,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community and being part of Windows 10.

I understand the inconvenience you are facing issues with booting the device, accessing the hardware devices after booting. We will help you with this issue.

This issue might have occurred due to corrupted/ outdated display and other drivers.

Try the below troubleshooting steps and check if it helps.

Method 1: As you have not provided the complete model of your device, I suggest you to contact the device manufacturer's website, search for the device model, download the latest drivers for your device and try the below.

Step 1: I suggest you to boot the computer in Safe mode, uninstall the existing display drivers, manually install the downloaded drivers and check if it helps.

Refer: Start your PC in safe mode in Windows 10

Step 2: Steps to Uninstall the Display Adapter driver.

• Press Windows key + X key when you are at desktop.
    • Select Device Manager.
    • Expand Display Adapter.
    • Right click on the Display Adapter and click on
      Uninstall

Refer to the article on how to manually install the drivers:
    Update drivers in Windows 10

Method 2: You can install Windows 7/8/8.1 drivers in compatibility mode if there are no Windows 10 compatible drivers.

Follow the steps to install in Compatibility mode:

• Download the updated driver from the manufacturer’s website.
    • Right click the driver installation file and select
      Properties then tap or click the Compatibility tab.
    • Place a check in the Run this program in compatibility mode for: box.
    • Tap the drop down box and select a previous operating system, then tap or click
      OK.
    • Try installing the driver and check.

Follow the below steps to place the computer in normal mode.

• Press Windows + R keys to open Run
      command.
    • Type msconfig and press Enter.
    • In the System Configuration window, click on
      General tab.
    • Select Start-up selection as Normal startup, click on
      Apply and Ok.
    • Follow onscreen instructions.

Hope it helps. reply to the post with an updated status of this issue for further assistance.

Deepika Gowda, Nov 21, 2020
Thema:

Display does not turn on after booting

1. Display does not turn on after booting - Similar Threads - Display does turn

2. Screen does not display anything when turned on

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Screen does not display anything when turned on: When I turn on my laptop, nothing shows up on the screen. It seems to flash for a few seconds, but it’s barely noticeable and goes away. Is there anything I can do to fix this? also this is my fault, i had it in my backpack for several weeks, it also does not show damage in...
  3. Screen does not display anything when turned on

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Screen does not display anything when turned on: When I turn on my laptop, nothing shows up on the screen. It seems to flash for a few seconds, but it’s barely noticeable and goes away. Is there anything I can do to fix this? also this is my fault, i had it in my backpack for several weeks, it also does not show damage in...
  4. Can't boot after turning on Secure Boot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't boot after turning on Secure Boot: I can't get windows to boot after turning on Secure Boot in BIOS, my disk is formatted in GPT, my BIOS is in UEFI and I've just reinstalled windows literally 30 minutes ago thinking it was going to solve my problem and yet I still can't get windows to boot after enabling...
  5. Can't boot after turning on Secure Boot

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't boot after turning on Secure Boot: I can't get windows to boot after turning on Secure Boot in BIOS, my disk is formatted in GPT, my BIOS is in UEFI and I've just reinstalled windows literally 30 minutes ago thinking it was going to solve my problem and yet I still can't get windows to boot after enabling...
  6. No displays signal after booting in windows

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No displays signal after booting in windows: Hello! So today while gaming my screen when dark. No display signal at all.I thought the pc crashed or something but everything was working my game, my discord call and even the video playing in the background. After several reboot I tried to reinstall windows 4 times!!!!!!...
  7. Display driver does not always load at boot

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Display driver does not always load at boot: I have a Geforce GT730 graphics card in my PC. Following an automatic Windows 10 update I constantly get a corrupted screen and I have to re-boot sometimes once but often many times. I have tried updating the graphics driver and have reinstalled Windows and tried every...
  8. Display driver does not always load at boot

in Windows 10 Support
    Display driver does not always load at boot: I have a Geforce GT730 graphics card in my PC. Following an automatic Windows 10 update I constantly get a corrupted screen and I have to re-boot sometimes once but often many times. I have tried updating the graphics driver and have reinstalled Windows and tried every...
  9. After PC Boots to Login Screen, how to turn off display for inactivity

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    After PC Boots to Login Screen, how to turn off display for inactivity: I was wondering if there is a way to turn off the display after a Windows 10 pc is turned on from a shut down state without any user logging in. I have disabled the lock screen via GPO. I also see that the Console Lock Screen Timeout work for me either. 51011
  10. Screen turns off on boot-up after changing display settings for HDMI

in Windows 10 Support
    Screen turns off on boot-up after changing display settings for HDMI: I was trying to connect my laptop (running Windows 10) to a screen via HDMI. The problem was that i couldn't get it to run regardless of the settings i chose in the display options. I must have chosen the "show only on" option for the screen i thought was the HDMI output...