Windows 10: Display doesn't wake after putting my laptop to sleep

Discus and support Display doesn't wake after putting my laptop to sleep in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Most of the times, my display doesn't come back or wake at all even if I try to open it via the power button. Moreover, even if it does come back, my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by raffittee, Sep 6, 2020.

1. raffittee Win User

Display doesn't wake after putting my laptop to sleep

Most of the times, my display doesn't come back or wake at all even if I try to open it via the power button. Moreover, even if it does come back, my laptop loses sound.

:)

raffittee, Sep 6, 2020

2. Dell Inspiron 3543 wake from sleep issue.

Hello All,

Below is my laptop details

Laptop Model: Dell inspiron 3543

BIOS ver: 05.06.05

Processor: i3

Ram : 8GB

HDD: 1TB

I am facing a issue related to wake from sleep, where when i put my laptop to sleep either manually or auto sleep set to 60min but when i try to wake it by opening the lid or pressing the power button there is no display ( this scenario is for short sleep
    duration).

The 2nd scenario is overnight sleep where i manually put the laptop to sleep and morning when i try to wake the laptop the battery is drained or same as the 1st scenario no display.

In both the cases, i have to long press the power button ( Hard restart).

As per my observation, it might have happened after the recent Windows update KB4462919, KB4462930.

Steps taken to rectify the issue:

• BIOS Update - Speedstep disabled in BIOS and Fast startup from Power Option.
    • Power option reset
    • Hybrid sleep off and on
    • Hibernate off and on
    • Sleep Duration change
    • Allow this computer to wake from sleep WIFI and Ethernet Disabled
    • Disable modern/connected standby HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Power --- CsEnabled set to 0
    Thanks in advance

Regard`s

Sudarshan.H.R

sudarshan_hr, Sep 6, 2020
  3. joaquim m Win User
    Anyone know a batch/script/program/exe that can put Windows 10 to sleep?

Can someone explain how to creat a task to wake him up,...

I follow the steps and create a task to wake up but it still doesn`t works,...

Bat file to sleep :

@Echo off

psshutdown -d -t 0

exit

ok it goes to sleep

bat file to wake up from task

@Echo off

hi

exit

Nothing happen onle when I click a key the computer wakes up.

thank you

joaquim m, Sep 6, 2020
  4. Display doesn't wake after putting my laptop to sleep

Using laptop as desktop - can't wake it from sleep with wireless mouse or keyboard.

• I'm having a very difficult time following the narrative in your last five (5) replies.
    I've tried to be as clear and concise as possible.

• Have you or have you not installed Avast Free?
    I hadn't uninstalled it, only deactivated it; but just now I did uninstall it, then re-booted the laptop, put it to sleep and tried to wake it using the mouse. No luck.

• You just posted: "Just now, I disconnected the mouse, keyboard and monitor; manually put it to sleep using the Start Menu icons (because the lid action is still set to do nothing); closed the lid; and when I opened the lid it woke up."
    • So the Notebook PC (laptop) "wakes up" now as long as the external devices (i.e., mouse; keyboard; monitor) are not connected to the ASUS device, is that correct?
    Mouse and keyboard connected or disconnected doesn't have any effect on what happens:

- Opening the lid wakes the laptop.

- If the lid is already open and I put the laptop to sleep, pressing the power button wakes up the laptop.

- Lid open or closed, if I put the laptop to sleep and try to wake it using the mouse or keyboard, nothing happens.

eljaycanuck, Sep 6, 2020
Thema:

Display doesn't wake after putting my laptop to sleep

1. Display doesn't wake after putting my laptop to sleep - Similar Threads - Display doesn't wake

2. BSOD after putting into sleep mode and then waking up.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD after putting into sleep mode and then waking up.: A week ago I started getting a BSOD whenever I woke the computer from sleep mode. The internet doesn't work for a few minutes and then I get this BSOD: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1FAmS6wBhgJQ8-VpXTjFYH2jZ6xZ5Cmpt/view?usp=sharing. I have a AN515-45-R6XD with upgraded RAM...
  3. BSOD after putting into sleep mode and then waking up.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD after putting into sleep mode and then waking up.: A week ago I started getting a BSOD whenever I woke the computer from sleep mode. The internet doesn't work for a few minutes and then I get this BSOD: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1FAmS6wBhgJQ8-VpXTjFYH2jZ6xZ5Cmpt/view?usp=sharing. I have a AN515-45-R6XD with upgraded RAM...
  4. Turn off the display puts laptop to sleep?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Turn off the display puts laptop to sleep?: My settings are to turn off the display after a few minutes but to never put the laptop to sleep. However, every time I leave my laptop alone and the 'display' turns off, I have to login? I don't want to have to login every time my laptop screen dims! I just got a new laptop...
  5. Turn off the display puts laptop to sleep?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Turn off the display puts laptop to sleep?: My settings are to turn off the display after a few minutes but to never put the laptop to sleep. However, every time I leave my laptop alone and the 'display' turns off, I have to login? I don't want to have to login every time my laptop screen dims! I just got a new laptop...
  6. Displays wakes immediately after sleep

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Displays wakes immediately after sleep: I have a 15 minute timer for display sleep and a 30 minute timer for the PC. And started a day or 2 ago, my displays will wake up immediately after they go to sleep on the time out. If I set the display sleep to never, the PC will go into sleep on the 30 minute time out...
  7. Windows not waking up after being put to sleep

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows not waking up after being put to sleep: Hi all, Wondered if you could help. I have a few laptops after the in place upgrade to 1909. When they are not used for a period they go to sleep. But they don’t wake up. You have to hold Down the power button to force them to turn off. Bios update and other driver updates...
  8. Computer wakes from sleep immediately after putting to sleep

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Computer wakes from sleep immediately after putting to sleep: The problem i have is when i select to put my PC into sleep mode (Start>Power icon>Sleep). The screen goes black as if its entering sleep mode, but then almost immediately 'wakes up' and my video cam starts looking for a face to scan. I'm "assuming" this is related to...
  9. I put my laptop in sleep mode but then it wakes up again after a bit

in Windows 10 Support
    I put my laptop in sleep mode but then it wakes up again after a bit: I have tried everything Looking at the events, Making the time you have to wait. Into one minute I have a lot of apps open when I off it but I don't think that's the problem. Here is my computer stats Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-6500 CPU @ 2.50GHz 2.60 Ram: 16 GB (15.8...
  10. Sometimes laptop doesn't wake from sleep

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Sometimes laptop doesn't wake from sleep: I have an Acer Aspire E15. Sporadically, the laptop doesn't wake when I open the lid. I can hear it starts to buzz but the display won't turn on. I have to hard reset it via holding the power button. Any help appreciated!...