Windows 10: Display drive failed to restart - Each time after waking laptop from sleep - Windows 10

Discus and support Display drive failed to restart - Each time after waking laptop from sleep - Windows 10 in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Display driver failed to start. This happens everytime I wake up my laptop from sleep. That notification pops up.. laptop screen goes black for a bit... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by devr0003, Apr 5, 2019.

1. devr0003 Win User

Display drive failed to restart - Each time after waking laptop from sleep - Windows 10

Display driver failed to start.

This happens everytime I wake up my laptop from sleep. That notification pops up.. laptop screen goes black for a bit and comes back but then it doesn't detect my external monitor anymore.

I have to restart everytime so I can use my external monitor. Each time I restart the laptop, it goes to BSOD (Blue screen) first with DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE. After this, I have to manually power up my laptop.

Specs:

Asus FX505

i5 8300

16gb ram

Nvidia GTX 1050ti

Windows 10 64-bit on SSD

Fixes tried:

Intel Graphics Driver Update, Rollback

Nvidia Graphics Card Driver Update, Rollback

Intel Driver and Support Assistant to check all drivers

Custom Power Settings - Turn off Hdisk - off; Max Performance for Network Card, Graphics Card; Lid close - do nothing; Hibernate disabled; PCIE Link State Power management - Off; Turn off display - Never
    SFC and DISM

Nothing worked. Appreciate the help.

:)

devr0003, Apr 5, 2019
  2. capnp72 Win User

Restart when waking laptop from sleep mode

When I wake my HP laptop from sleep mode, it says there is a problem and needs to restart. Then it restarts. It didn't do this until I upgraded to Windows 10. Anyone else have this problem or have suggestions on how to fix it? Thank you for any assistance.

capnp72, Apr 5, 2019
  3. Restart when waking laptop from sleep mode

When I wake my HP laptop from sleep mode, it says there is a problem and needs to restart. Then it restarts. It didn't do this until I upgraded to Windows 10. Anyone else have this problem or have suggestions on how to fix it? Thank you for any assistance.

Brandon Pomeroy, Apr 5, 2019
  4. Display drive failed to restart - Each time after waking laptop from sleep - Windows 10

Dell Inspiron 3543 wake from sleep issue.

Hello All,

Below is my laptop details

Laptop Model: Dell inspiron 3543

BIOS ver: 05.06.05

Processor: i3

Ram : 8GB

HDD: 1TB

I am facing a issue related to wake from sleep, where when i put my laptop to sleep either manually or auto sleep set to 60min but when i try to wake it by opening the lid or pressing the power button there is no display ( this scenario is for short sleep
    duration).

The 2nd scenario is overnight sleep where i manually put the laptop to sleep and morning when i try to wake the laptop the battery is drained or same as the 1st scenario no display.

In both the cases, i have to long press the power button ( Hard restart).

As per my observation, it might have happened after the recent Windows update KB4462919, KB4462930.

Steps taken to rectify the issue:

• BIOS Update - Speedstep disabled in BIOS and Fast startup from Power Option.
    • Power option reset
    • Hybrid sleep off and on
    • Hibernate off and on
    • Sleep Duration change
    • Allow this computer to wake from sleep WIFI and Ethernet Disabled
    • Disable modern/connected standby HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Power --- CsEnabled set to 0
    Thanks in advance

Regard`s

Sudarshan.H.R

sudarshan_hr, Apr 5, 2019
Thema:

Display drive failed to restart - Each time after waking laptop from sleep - Windows 10

1. Display drive failed to restart - Each time after waking laptop from sleep - Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Display drive failed

2. Windows 10 Laptop fails to wake from sleep

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Laptop fails to wake from sleep: I have an ASUS laptop which is running Windows 10. Starting around July / August of this year, my laptop fails to resume from sleep mode occasionally. After waking from sleep, I either get a black screen and nothing. Black screen and auto reboot after ~30 seconds, or Black...
  3. Windows 10 Laptop fails to wake from sleep

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 Laptop fails to wake from sleep: I have an ASUS laptop which is running Windows 10. Starting around July / August of this year, my laptop fails to resume from sleep mode occasionally. After waking from sleep, I either get a black screen and nothing. Black screen and auto reboot after ~30 seconds, or Black...
  4. Windows 10 Laptop fails to wake from sleep

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Windows 10 sleep failed to wake up if not login not done the 1st time waking up from sleep

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 sleep failed to wake up if not login not done the 1st time waking up from sleep: HiAs per Subject I have issue with waking up from sleep in a particular waymy system is Lenovo Yoga 9i, bought Sept 2021The problem focused particularly on waking up from sleep, where the screen does not show any signs of activating no back light, power button not reacting to...
  6. Laptop failed to wake from sleep / enter sleep

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop failed to wake from sleep / enter sleep: Sometimes when I tried to enter the sleep mode, the screen darkens, but the laptop was still awake blue LED indicator beside the laptop, should be in orange if entered sleep successfully. When this issue happened, I can't do anything else but to force restart the laptop...
  7. Laptop failed to wake from sleep / enter sleep

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop failed to wake from sleep / enter sleep: Sometimes when I tried to enter the sleep mode, the screen darkens, but the laptop was still awake blue LED indicator beside the laptop, should be in orange if entered sleep successfully. When this issue happened, I can't do anything else but to force restart the laptop...
  8. Laptop keep restarting after waking up from sleep

Laptop keep restarting after waking up from sleep: Hi, my laptop keeps restarting after I put it in sleep mode, is there anything I could do to solve this? I have tried disabled fast boot and still no luck. i have updated bios to lat latest version.after I checked on event viewer, this what appears to be the causing and I...
  9. Fail to wake from sleep

Fail to wake from sleep: Win10 Pro 10.0.13134 Build 17134 Since the various Dec updates, on random occassions win does not resume from sleep by moving the mouse, or any key, have to hard re-boot (by random I mean about 5% of the time) HW drivers are up to date from makers site (motherboard) Last...
  10. Windows 10 PC waking from sleep at same time each day

Windows 10 PC waking from sleep at same time each day: Recently I have been finding my PC powered up when it should be sleeping. Using powercfg -lastwake does not show a cause but looking at system events I can that there are a series of events each day starting at 08:59:31. One of these is a Power - Troubleshooter event which...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. display driver failed to start after sleep