Windows 10: Display Driver and Performance

Discus and support Display Driver and Performance in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have reinstalled Windows 10 multiple times after my PC first crashed. I wasn't able to view anything and kept on getting this error: "Log file:... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Aggrippa, Jul 29, 2019.

1. Aggrippa Win User

Display Driver and Performance

I have reinstalled Windows 10 multiple times after my PC first crashed. I wasn't able to view anything and kept on getting this error:

"Log file: D:\WINDOWS\System32\Logfiles\Srt\SrtTrail.txt". It was after this error that I decided to reinstall Windows 10 using a bootable USB. Now I'm running the latest Windows 10 and my PC has some drivers that are dated to 2006 and I'm only able to use the Microsoft Basic Display Adapter which is also dated to 2006.

And whenever I install Intel HD Graphics my screen goes black and I can't see anything. My PC initially had Intel HD Graphics 500.

I can't put my PC into sleep mode and I have some other drivers that are outdated. I also disabled my device's monitor driver.

I'm thinking it might be a hardware problem, maybe.

Please advice if aware of any solutions.

:)

Aggrippa, Jul 29, 2019

2. Display driver not supporting and device manager not showing Display adapter option

Hi Maheen,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

This issue could have occurred due to these reasons:

• Incorrect settings.
    • Corrupt or outdated display driver.
    Try the steps listed here and check if it helps:

Method 1:

I suggest you to download and install all the available Windows Updates including Optional Updates. Check if it helps.

Method 2:

If the issue persists, i suggest you to uninstall and re-install latest display driver from the computer manufacturer website and check if it helps.

Step 1: Uninstall display driver.

• Right-click on the Start Button and click on
      Device manager.
    • Double-click on Display Adapters to expand.
    • Right-click on the display adapter driver that is listed and select properties.
    • In the window opened, click on drivers tab.
    • In the drivers tab, Click on Uninstall option.
    Now restart your computer and check, if the problem persists try step 2.

Step 2:

Re-install display driver from the manufacturer website.

Let us know if the issue is resolved or if you need further assistance, we will be glad to help.

Akheel Ahmed, Jul 29, 2019
  3. Display Driver has stopped responding and has recovered error

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft community.

• How is the performance of you surface fan when you re normally accessing the computer?
    I suggest you to follow the below methods and check if it helps.

Method 1: Since the display driver update is failing I suggest you to uninstall the display drivers completely and restart the computer, then go to the manufacturer’s website, download the display divers and install it, check if the issue
    persist.

Steps to uninstall the drivers for the Display Adapter.

• Press Windows key + X key when you are at desktop.
    • Select Device Manager.
    • Expand Display Adapter.
    • Right on the Display Adapter and click on Uninstall.
    Method 2: Also I suggest you to run the troubleshooter.

• Press Windows + X key.
    • Go to Control panel.
    • In the search box, type Troubleshooter
      and then click Troubleshooting.
    • Under System and Security.
    • Click on System Maintenance and Click on Next button.
    Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Jul 29, 2019
  4. Display Driver and Performance

Windows update reverted display to MS Basic Display Driver

Hi,

Normally, this issue occurs when the drivers were being corrupted or updated after the recent update. Since you've already tried to install the latest driver, we suggest that you roll back to the previous driver and check if it helps to resolve the issue. To
    do this, kindly follow the steps below:

• Open Device Manager.
    • Double-click the device for which you want to roll back to the previous version of the driver, and then click
      Properties.
    • Under the Driver tab, select Roll Back Driver.
    • Select OK.

Let us know how it goes after performing the suggested steps.

Eileen Gal, Jul 29, 2019
Thema:

Display Driver and Performance

1. Display Driver and Performance - Similar Threads - Display Driver Performance

2. Driver for "Performance Counters"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Driver for "Performance Counters": In Device Manager there are yellow triangles on "Performance Counters". It says there is no driver for these "Performance Counters". Microsoft Support said to delete these and then restart the computer, but that did not help. I cannot get anything to print from this computer...
  3. Driver for "Performance Counters"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Driver for "Performance Counters": In Device Manager there are yellow triangles on "Performance Counters". It says there is no driver for these "Performance Counters". Microsoft Support said to delete these and then restart the computer, but that did not help. I cannot get anything to print from this computer...
  4. Driver for "Performance Counters"

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Display driver

Display driver: Hi I have intel i5 processor and intel dh61ww motherboard and window 10 operating system Intel hd graphics not showing in my pc It is showing microsoft low resolution display adapter What is the fault in it why graphic driver is not showing And what is the sollution of...
  6. display driver

in Windows 10 Customization
    display driver: I have repeatedly received notification that the display driver is not operating properly. When I troubleshoot the problem, the response is that all drivers are up to date. What can I do?...
  7. display drivers

display drivers: How Can I view my display drivers? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/display-drivers/919ea4c1-a976-4256-9f8b-48dfdf26abe8
  8. display drivers

in Windows 10 Gaming
    display drivers: how do I know if my display drivers are up dated https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/display-drivers/b78ba099-cb40-448e-a7b2-4a3db8f09499
  9. display drivers

display drivers: How do I locate a 'second screen driver' online to install in my Toshiba Satellite laptop. It won't accept a second monitor https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/display-drivers/83341647-fe1c-4dd3-8c8b-c67db7e81453
  10. display drivers

display drivers: I just updated my windows 10 and cannot adjust the brightness. How can i adjust my brightness on my PC, have tried many ways and failing https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/display-drivers/b7b6a58c-fb33-4529-9d0f-7a680ff88ea8