Windows 10: display driver black screen problem

Discus and support display driver black screen problem in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; hello microsoft , i am suffering from my display adapter problem . when my display driver is updated it causes black screen between the installation .... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by SUMIT LAMA, May 8, 2020.

1. display driver black screen problem

hello microsoft , i am suffering from my display adapter problem . when my display driver is updated it causes black screen between the installation . I had tried everything from reinstalling to updating windows 7 to windows 10 pro but my problem is not solved . if i will update it from safe mode it will not start and show black screen . please tell me what to do with the information below..... OS - WINDOWS 10 PRO 32 BIT ADAPTER TYPE [CURRENT] - MICROSOFT BASIC DISPLAY ADAPTER ... ADAPTER - [ NVIDIA GEFORCE 8400 M GS] MOTHERBOARD = F.56 LAPTOP = HP PAVILLION DV6000 ENTERTAINMENT PC ADAPTER TYPE= MICROSOFT BASIC DISPLAY ADAPTER CHIP TYPE - NVIDIA DAC TYPE - NVIDIA CORPORATION ADAPTER STRING = MICROSOFT BASIC DISPLAY ADAPTER BIOS INFO..= G86 BOARD e416h01c TOTAL AVAILABLE GRAPHICS MEMORY - 1535 MB SYSTEM VIDEO MEMORY - 0 MB DEDICATED VIDEO MEMORY - 0 MB SHARED SYSTEM MEMORY - 1535 MB PLEASE HELP ME AND SOLVE MY PROBLEM BY THIS INFORMAION THANKYOU IN ADVANCE

:)

SUMIT LAMA, May 8, 2020

2. Issue with black screen, dual display, ATI Integrated GPU

Hi,

I suggest you to follow the below methods and check if it helps.

Method 1: I suggest you to go to device manager and disable the display drivers, check whether the issue persists or not.

• Press Windows + X keys and click
      Device manager.
    • Click to expand Display adapters, right click the second adapter and click
      Disable.
    • Restart the computer and check whether the issue persists or not.
    • Repeat the same steps to disable the first display adapter and check if it helps.

If you find the issue is with anyone of the display adapters then, I suggest you to update the display drivers from the manufactures website for Windows 10 and check if it helps.

Method 2: I suggest you to follow the steps form the below article for
    “Black Screen” issues and check if it helps.

Troubleshoot black screen problems

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/troubleshoot-black-screen-problems

Please get back to us with an update on this issue, we will be happy to assist you further.

Thank you

Karthicka_R, May 8, 2020
  3. Arun B J Win User
    Black Screen, Screen Flickers, Random Freezes

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

Method 1: I suggest you to update the Display drivers and check if that helps. If that issue persist please uninstall and reinstall latest drivers available in manufacturer website.

• Press “Windows + X” and select Device manger.
    • Select Display Adapter and expand the driver icon.
    • Right click on the driver icon and click on Update.
    • Follow the onscreen instructions to update the driver.
    Refer the link below and check if it helps

Troubleshoot black screen problems

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/troubleshoot-black-screen-problems

Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Arun B J, May 8, 2020
  4. Maria Fab Win User

display driver black screen problem

Black Dots appears on screen

Hello Kushal,

Black screen errors can be caused by issues with the display adapter drivers, connection issues between with your PC or display, or during installation of operating system or updates.

For resolution, we suggest that you follow our guided walk-through to resolve black screen errors. See
    Troubleshoot black screen or blank screen errors. Choose the error you're experiencing from the list,
    and a set of troubleshooting steps will be provided.

Please update us with the results. We will be glad to assist you.

Maria Fab, May 8, 2020
Thema:

display driver black screen problem

1. display driver black screen problem - Similar Threads - display driver black

2. Black screen is it drivers problem?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Black screen is it drivers problem?: Hi I have a long lasting problem I can't change the graphics unfortunately as it is a water circuit. Otherwise update I reinstalled complete windows again on another disk. In the first test I got an error on the armoury crate app, which I used Revo to get out of the pc and...
  3. Black screen is it drivers problem?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Black screen is it drivers problem?: Hi I have a long lasting problem I can't change the graphics unfortunately as it is a water circuit. Otherwise update I reinstalled complete windows again on another disk. In the first test I got an error on the armoury crate app, which I used Revo to get out of the pc and...
  4. Updated display drivers now black screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Updated display drivers now black screen: I need help! When I was in device manager, the display had an exclamation point beside it so I updated the drivers. When the computer rebooted, I see the Dell logo and the spinning white circle. The screen then goes black then another spinning circle then black screen again....
  5. Updated display drivers now black screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Updated display drivers now black screen: I need help! When I was in device manager, the display had an exclamation point beside it so I updated the drivers. When the computer rebooted, I see the Dell logo and the spinning white circle. The screen then goes black then another spinning circle then black screen again....
  6. Updated display drivers now black screen

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. Black screen with error "Display driver failed to start"

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Black screen with error "Display driver failed to start": Hi, For the past few days, iI've been having issues. Everytime I launch a game, the screen turns black and I have to force restart. When I come back in windows, in the windows notification area I see this: [ATTACH] I reinstalled windows, checked for updates, reinstalled...
  8. Display problems - black or blank screen

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Display problems - black or blank screen: My installation comprises: - 1 ThinkPad X270 laptop main station - 2 ThinkPad P24h-10 monitors connected to the HDMI ports of the docking station - 1 ThinkPad USB-C dock type 40A9 connecting point for the a.m. devices All devices still under warranty. I've been using...
  9. Display driver failed to start on Windows 10 – Black Screen displayed

in Windows 10 News
    Display driver failed to start on Windows 10 – Black Screen displayed: [ATTACH] [IMG]A reported error while trying to launch graphic-intensive applications, like video games, on Windows computers is Display driver failed to start. If you encounter this error, then this article will help you resolve the issue. Display driver failed to start [...]...
  10. Display driver causing black screen

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Display driver causing black screen: Dear helpful people, On the weekend I eagerly put together my new PC. Progressed through the windows 10 installation smoothly, and proceeded to install drivers for all of my hardware and periferals. During the process my screen went black, and I assumed it to be resetting...