Windows 10: Display driver does not always load at boot

Discus and support Display driver does not always load at boot in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have a Geforce GT730 graphics card in my PC. Following an automatic Windows 10 update I constantly get a corrupted screen and I have to re-boot... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Marnhullman, Jan 13, 2021.

1. Display driver does not always load at boot

I have a Geforce GT730 graphics card in my PC. Following an automatic Windows 10 update I constantly get a corrupted screen and I have to re-boot sometimes once but often many times.

I have tried updating the graphics driver and have reinstalled Windows and tried every suggestion posted on the web that I have found without success. I have noticed that windows tried to install an Nvidia graphics driver but failed. The update is now hidden so that it should not try to reinstall as I have the latest driver from the maker's download site.

It seems to me that the driver sometimes is not being loaded at boot time but I don't understand why that should not always happen; I would have thought it would either load or it wouldn't?

Any help appreciated.

:)

Marnhullman, Jan 13, 2021

2. Display driver not supporting and device manager not showing Display adapter option

Hi Maheen,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

This issue could have occurred due to these reasons:

• Incorrect settings.
    • Corrupt or outdated display driver.
    Try the steps listed here and check if it helps:

Method 1:

I suggest you to download and install all the available Windows Updates including Optional Updates. Check if it helps.

Method 2:

If the issue persists, i suggest you to uninstall and re-install latest display driver from the computer manufacturer website and check if it helps.

Step 1: Uninstall display driver.

• Right-click on the Start Button and click on
      Device manager.
    • Double-click on Display Adapters to expand.
    • Right-click on the display adapter driver that is listed and select properties.
    • In the window opened, click on drivers tab.
    • In the drivers tab, Click on Uninstall option.
    Now restart your computer and check, if the problem persists try step 2.

Step 2:

Re-install display driver from the manufacturer website.

Let us know if the issue is resolved or if you need further assistance, we will be glad to help.

Akheel Ahmed, Jan 13, 2021
  3. Ar3s Win User
    HD 5870 Bios flash failed

mp3 player is in FAT / FAT32 format ?

Set Boot up first to the drive with hiren bootcd 10.4
    Done...

the options will pop out after loading the disc choose

boot cd

then the list (step by step)

Next...
    Dos....
    USB Drivers....
    Load USB Drivers with no386.....

Ask you load cd drivers. NO
    Ask you load SCSI drivers. NO
    Ask you anything NO.
    USB driver list comes out. 8 Don't choose anything else.

type
    C:\ (that should be your mp3 player if you did it right)

atiflash -i
    to list the adapters

atiflash -p -f 0 ???.bin

done.........

4. Nikhar_K Win User

Display driver does not always load at boot

Black screen after updating display drivers

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that after upgrading the graphics drivers, you are receiving a Black screen. I’ll certainly assist you with the issue.

However, please let us know:

• When exactly do you see a black screen?
    • Are you able to boot the computer to the login in screen?
    • What is the make and model of the computer?

I suggest you to try refreshing the graphics driver by using the key sequence
    Windows logo key + Ctrl + Shift + B and see if that helps.

I would suggest you to try booting the computer into Safe Mode and try disabling the display driver. Refer the article on
    Start
    your PC in safe mode in Windows 10

After booting the computer to Safe Mode, refer the steps mentioned below:

1. Press Windows logo key + X, and select
      Device Manager.
    2. Expand Display Adapters.
    3. Right click on the Display driver and select
      Disable device.
    4. Restart the computer.

If this allows you to boot the computer to normal mode, try uninstalling the driver.
    To do this, refer the steps mentioned below:

1. Press Windows logo key + X, and select
      Device Manager.
    2. Expand Display Adapters.
    3. Right click on the Display driver and select
      Uninstall.
    4. Restart the computer.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Jan 13, 2021
Thema:

Display driver does not always load at boot

1. Display driver does not always load at boot - Similar Threads - Display driver does

2. Problems in loading Display drivers early in WinPE

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problems in loading Display drivers early in WinPE: I am trying to understand the sequence of drivers being loaded within winpeshl.exe and wpeinit.exe. The reason is that the oem display driver is needed to properly handle the resolution settings in unattend.xml. I'm looking at a recovery media created by a commercial...
  3. Problems in loading Display drivers early in WinPE

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Problems in loading Display drivers early in WinPE: I am trying to understand the sequence of drivers being loaded within winpeshl.exe and wpeinit.exe. The reason is that the oem display driver is needed to properly handle the resolution settings in unattend.xml. I'm looking at a recovery media created by a commercial...
  4. Problems in loading Display drivers early in WinPE

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Display driver does not always load at boot

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Display driver does not always load at boot: I have a Geforce GT730 graphics card in my PC. Following an automatic Windows 10 update I constantly get a corrupted screen and I have to re-boot sometimes once but often many times. I have tried updating the graphics driver and have reinstalled Windows and tried every...
  6. Display Calibration Not Loading on Boot

in Windows 10 Customization
    Display Calibration Not Loading on Boot: Hi, I have encountered a strange problem with my pc regarding the display calibration and need some help. I have calibrated my display the day I bought it and my pc. Then, every time I start my computer, the display calibration would be set to default. But once I open the...
  7. Default ICC Profile not always loaded at cold boot

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Default ICC Profile not always loaded at cold boot: Hello, I don't think this is a new issue but a default ICC profile for a monitor is not always loaded at cold boot. I'm running Win ver 1909 (upgrade from previous version). The profile is set as default in the color management settings. When the profile is not loaded I have...
  8. Default ICC Profile not always loaded at cold boot

in Windows 10 Support
    Default ICC Profile not always loaded at cold boot: Hello, I don't think this is a new issue but a default ICC profile for a monitor is not always loaded at cold boot. I'm running Win ver 1909 (upgrade from previous version). The profile is set as default in the color management settings. When the profile is not loaded I have...
  9. [Win10] DirectX input does not always boot

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    [Win10] DirectX input does not always boot: This is a weird one. So as far as I know, occasionally direct input will just not boot. Any games that require it will either not run at all, or prompt an error message. Direct X diagnostic itself also fails in regards to the input. Here's the strange bit. 99% of the time...
  10. dual boot - boot loader not always loaded

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    dual boot - boot loader not always loaded: Hello! I got a problem with my Windows 10 / Windows 7 dual boot system. The boot loader does not come up every time. It depends on what I did before. Shut down Windows 10 -> boot loader does not show up on next boot and Windows 10 boots up. Reboot Windows 10 -> boot...