Windows 10: Display Driver error code 43 standard solutions aren't working.

Discus and support Display Driver error code 43 standard solutions aren't working. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have a newly installed version of Windows 10 that I installed on my laptop. This laptop has an external monitor and that monitor was working fine... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by RonaldAlterman, May 2, 2020.

1. Display Driver error code 43 standard solutions aren't working.

I have a newly installed version of Windows 10 that I installed on my laptop. This laptop has an external monitor and that monitor was working fine before I upgraded to Windows 10. Now, my laptop doesn't recognize my external monitor. When I boot up I can see that it's recognized briefly.

The error that I'm getting is: "Display driver failed to start. Using Microsoft basic display driver instead".

So, far I've updated the display driver has stopped this device because it has reported problems. Code 43". I've updated and uninstalled/reinstalled the driver mulitple times both using Windows and Intel's website. I've also increased the TrdDelay to 5 and nothing has any effect.

I've tried to find a way to get support from Microsoft and I don't see a way to do it.

I've also tried plugging the external monitor into another Windows 10 laptop and my other laptop has no problem with the monitor. I tried plugging other monitors into the laptop I'm having trouble with and I get the same error.

Does someone have any ideas on how to resolve this?

:)

RonaldAlterman, May 2, 2020
  2. StefanM Win User

Alienware R4 M290x Code 43 HELP

Advice from Microsoft: Graphics device driver error code 43

StefanM, May 2, 2020
  3. Code 43 Driver error

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Community, we understand your concern and we will try our best to resolve your issue.

Code 43 means that the drivers for the device notified the operating system that the device failed in some manner.

I would suggest that you run the Hardware and Device troubleshooter and check if you can detect any error

Run hardware and Device troubleshooter

• On the search bar type “Troubleshooting” .
    • Click on troubleshooting, then click on “Hardware and sound”.
    • Under Hardware and sound, click on “hardware and devices”.
    • A pop-up will appear, click on the “Next” button and your hardware troubleshooting will start.

I would also suggest that you update your Graphic Driver.

Method 2:

• Right click on the Start button, and select “Device Manager”.
    • Open Device Manager, double click and expand Display Adapter.
    • Right-click driver, and click Update.
    Hope this information helps.

Vanessa Sohtun, May 2, 2020
  4. 1nf3rn0x Win User

Display Driver error code 43 standard solutions aren't working.

gigabyte gt 440 code 43

Code 43 is an error specific to the Windows Device Manager and is a clear indicator that there are errors with the driver of the offending device. A Code 43 error is generated due to errors reported by the driver itself meaning that this error is a software problem. The error could mean many things including corruption or misconfiguration but the real cause of a Code 43 error is very uncertain. A Code 43 error is produced when the driver reports an error but is not specific about the exact nature of the problem.

Causes: The driver is not installed.
    The driver is missing.
    The driver is out-of-date.
    The driver is corrupt.
    A previous attempt to update the driver failed.
    The device is not configured as the default device.
    The device is not plugged in correctly or all the way.
    The device is damaged.

1nf3rn0x, May 2, 2020
Thema:

Display Driver error code 43 standard solutions aren't working.

1. Display Driver error code 43 standard solutions aren't working. - Similar Threads - Display Driver error

2. How to overcome the code 43 error on Display driver

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to overcome the code 43 error on Display driver: I recently formatted my laptop which is a HP ProBook 445 G7 AMD Ryzen 5 4500U with Radeon Graphics and it is running on Windows 11 Pro 23H2.Since then the display adaptor AMD radeonTM graphics has stopped working and shows error as "Windows has stopped this device because it...
  3. How to overcome the code 43 error on Display driver

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to overcome the code 43 error on Display driver: I recently formatted my laptop which is a HP ProBook 445 G7 AMD Ryzen 5 4500U with Radeon Graphics and it is running on Windows 11 Pro 23H2.Since then the display adaptor AMD radeonTM graphics has stopped working and shows error as "Windows has stopped this device because it...
  4. Loss of colour display and standard solutions not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Loss of colour display and standard solutions not working: Yesterday, while in the midst of typing, my PC did a little hiccup and suddenly the screen lost all colour, becoming black and white. I have tried all the suggestions found on google e.g., Window+ Cntrl +C; settings -ease of access; settings-personalisation, turn off and on,...
  5. Loss of colour display and standard solutions not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Loss of colour display and standard solutions not working: Yesterday, while in the midst of typing, my PC did a little hiccup and suddenly the screen lost all colour, becoming black and white. I have tried all the suggestions found on google e.g., Window+ Cntrl +C; settings -ease of access; settings-personalisation, turn off and on,...
  6. Loss of colour display and standard solutions not working

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. display error code 43

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    display error code 43: hi, I got myself a gtx 970 blower edition from Palit but when I put it into my system and got an error 43. I have tried every conventional method out there, is there anyway to remove it so I can finally use dx11...
  8. Error code 43 when updating gpu driver

Error code 43 when updating gpu driver: Hello, Two days ago I have received my new pc, which came with Radeon RX 570 graphics card. When I checked the drivers if they needed an update, the display adapter came up with a yellow triangle and when I clicked on it, Windows showed an error message stating “Windows has...
  9. USB Driver error code 43

USB Driver error code 43: Windows 10: Unknown USB device drive error and getting error message as "Device Description Request Failed) Driver Error" "Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems (Code 43)". This is on my Dell Studio XPS 435T/9000. I have seen the reply on Aug 10...
  10. display adaptor stopped error code 43

in Windows 10 Customization
    display adaptor stopped error code 43: display adaptor stopped error code 43 Intel(R) HD Graphics https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/display-adaptor-stopped-error-code-43/a80753fd-92cb-4acb-816f-a1580f8ef6ab