Windows 10: Display driver failed to boot and I don't know why

Discus and support Display driver failed to boot and I don't know why in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Recently my computer has been acting up and the cpu performance seems to have dropped drastically . when ever I boot my pc it says that the display... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by EthanStout1, Oct 17, 2018.

1. Display driver failed to boot and I don't know why

Recently my computer has been acting up and the cpu performance seems to have dropped drastically . when ever I boot my pc it says that the display driver failed to start and that it has switched to the basic windows driver. I also am having issues with DirectX where it says dX11 does not have feature level 10.0 but I am using DirectX 13, not 11. I am thoroughly confused at what is happening so I would appreciate some advice on the subject.

:)

EthanStout1, Oct 17, 2018

2. Display driver not supporting and device manager not showing Display adapter option

Hi Maheen,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

This issue could have occurred due to these reasons:

• Incorrect settings.
    • Corrupt or outdated display driver.
    Try the steps listed here and check if it helps:

Method 1:

I suggest you to download and install all the available Windows Updates including Optional Updates. Check if it helps.

Method 2:

If the issue persists, i suggest you to uninstall and re-install latest display driver from the computer manufacturer website and check if it helps.

Step 1: Uninstall display driver.

• Right-click on the Start Button and click on
      Device manager.
    • Double-click on Display Adapters to expand.
    • Right-click on the display adapter driver that is listed and select properties.
    • In the window opened, click on drivers tab.
    • In the drivers tab, Click on Uninstall option.
    Now restart your computer and check, if the problem persists try step 2.

Step 2:

Re-install display driver from the manufacturer website.

Let us know if the issue is resolved or if you need further assistance, we will be glad to help.

Akheel Ahmed, Oct 17, 2018
  3. Ar3s Win User
    HD 5870 Bios flash failed

mp3 player is in FAT / FAT32 format ?

Set Boot up first to the drive with hiren bootcd 10.4
    Done...

the options will pop out after loading the disc choose

boot cd

then the list (step by step)

Next...
    Dos....
    USB Drivers....
    Load USB Drivers with no386.....

Ask you load cd drivers. NO
    Ask you load SCSI drivers. NO
    Ask you anything NO.
    USB driver list comes out. 8 Don't choose anything else.

type
    C:\ (that should be your mp3 player if you did it right)

atiflash -i
    to list the adapters

atiflash -p -f 0 ???.bin

done.........

4. Display driver failed to boot and I don't know why

Display Driver has stopped responding and has recovered error

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft community.

• How is the performance of you surface fan when you re normally accessing the computer?
    I suggest you to follow the below methods and check if it helps.

Method 1: Since the display driver update is failing I suggest you to uninstall the display drivers completely and restart the computer, then go to the manufacturer’s website, download the display divers and install it, check if the issue
    persist.

Steps to uninstall the drivers for the Display Adapter.

• Press Windows key + X key when you are at desktop.
    • Select Device Manager.
    • Expand Display Adapter.
    • Right on the Display Adapter and click on Uninstall.
    Method 2: Also I suggest you to run the troubleshooter.

• Press Windows + X key.
    • Go to Control panel.
    • In the search box, type Troubleshooter
      and then click Troubleshooting.
    • Under System and Security.
    • Click on System Maintenance and Click on Next button.
    Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Oct 17, 2018
Thema:

Display driver failed to boot and I don't know why

1. Display driver failed to boot and I don't know why - Similar Threads - Display driver failed

2. BOSD and I don't know why

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BOSD and I don't know why: Good morning, afternoon, night, whatever the time is for anyone!I've been having this issue with my computer where, whenever I'm playing specific games such as valorant I just crash from the game with no error and/or blue screen. I've tried most of the options I could think...
  3. BOSD and I don't know why

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BOSD and I don't know why: Good morning, afternoon, night, whatever the time is for anyone!I've been having this issue with my computer where, whenever I'm playing specific games such as valorant I just crash from the game with no error and/or blue screen. I've tried most of the options I could think...
  4. ram in use but I don't know why

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    ram in use but I don't know why: my ram is in use but I don't know where https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ram-in-use-but-i-dont-know-why/01f7a4b1-227e-4cd0-bb0e-43f4a1d2e4c7
  5. ram in use but I don't know why

in Windows 10 Customization
    ram in use but I don't know why: my ram is in use but I don't know where https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ram-in-use-but-i-dont-know-why/01f7a4b1-227e-4cd0-bb0e-43f4a1d2e4c7
  6. I don't know which driver to choose

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I don't know which driver to choose: I have an asus vivobook s15 laptop and and I have done a clean install of windows 10 on it. The problem is when I go to the asus website to download the drivers, I can see that those proposed on it seems to be older version than the drivers windows update installed already....
  7. BSOD don't know why

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD don't know why: I,v had a few Blue screens of death lately . The first one happened when i tried to move a video screen ( I was watching a video ) . I thought that may have caused it because i did'nt move the screen properly . I tried to update window's earlier today , that was on ages and...
  8. Windows won't start and I don't know why broken display

Windows won't start and I don't know why broken display: For context: I have an hp notebook and its been giving me bsod system service exeption, near impossible to get rid of pretty often and at random times for a year or two now. But that's not the problem. Last week my display broke so i started using an external monitor until...
  9. Bluescreen, and i don't know why

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Bluescreen, and i don't know why: Hello, I'm reaching out to know what was the cause of my Bluescreen, i don't really know where i can find the right answers, i Copy / Paste to you the Log report. (Btw i'm french so the log will be in french, sorry) -------------------------------------------------------...
  10. I don't know but it's like a boot loop

I don't know but it's like a boot loop: https://redd.it/egyyfj https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-dont-know-but-its-like-a-boot-loop/b915a3a6-3f4c-4d49-973c-60f085a05e13