Windows 10: Display driver failed to start using microsoft basic display driver instead

Discus and support Display driver failed to start using microsoft basic display driver instead in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; HI, Ever since the recent 1909 update my pc has been freezing even tho voice keeps continuing .. Discord calls are still connected and I can hear the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by gillgates001, Apr 20, 2020.

1. Display driver failed to start using microsoft basic display driver instead

HI,

Ever since the recent 1909 update my pc has been freezing even tho voice keeps continuing .. Discord calls are still connected and I can hear the other person clearly ; A disconnect reconnect device sound come and I have to restart the pc with the physical button.
    My notification is filled with "display driver failed to start using microsoft basic display driver instead check windows upate for a newer display driver"
    The funny thing is that the pc never freezes when im ingame and only when im minimizedgame running in background or browsing the internet/watching stuffgame is off at that moment
    I have tried reseating the cables in my pc .. disconnected a secondary HDD and using just my main SSD for my boot drive.
    I have tried the most recent Nvidia drivers and even 440.97release date 2019.10.22I have reinstalled the windows completely and the prob still persists.
    My system has never been overclocked.
    I am more than happy to provide any windows event log or any other info needed to help me out. Its getting really frustrating now.
    Attaching a event viewer system log in photos
    [Have tried
    TdrDelay in registry;
    updating to the latest and a older version of gpu drivers after completely removing drivers with DDU in safe mode and setting auto update drivers to "off"
    Reinstalling latest build of windows
    checked all physical connections in the pc]

PC specs:
    Ryzen 3 1200
    Gigabyte a320m-s2h rev1.x
    corsair vengence 8x1 ram
    crucial mx 500 sata SSD
    asus ph gtx 1050 ti 4gb Depends on the mobo for power
    500watt supply

Im at my wits end here, Any help would be greatly appreciated. thnx in advance Display driver failed to start using microsoft basic display driver instead 8e2592ac-c7fd-43fc-868b-38227a0d9eab?upload=true.png

:)

gillgates001, Apr 20, 2020

2. Display driver failed to start

(Display driver failed to start; using Microsoft Basic Display Driver instead. Check Windows Update for a newer display driver.)

That's what keeps popping in my notifications. I did try updating it but nothing happens.

My pc is Acer Aspire E 15

I did the update last May 29, 2018, and this happens

Marie FranceRedona, Apr 20, 2020
  3. Display driver failed to start

I have Windows 10 home and running programs on IE 11. All begins fine for several hours. About midday my system crashes to safe mode and message appears that "Display driver failed to start: Using Microsoft basic display driver instead. Check windows update
    for a newer display driver."

I do this under settings but it shows my system is up to date. Where can I get a newer display driver if this is the issue?

DomPullano911, Apr 20, 2020
  4. Display driver failed to start using microsoft basic display driver instead

Display driver problem

Dear Team,

I would like to have your suggestion. I am using window 10 and I got this message "Display driver failed to start;using Microsoft Basic Display Driver instead".Now, I am using Intel (R) HD Graphics 620. I also updated my display driver.I am not sure that
    it will work really. My question is that i need to install and use Microsoft Basic Display Driver instead of using current display driver. Furthermore,I am now using window 10 pro version 1809 and may i know compatible microsoft display driver version with
    it.

Thank a lot for your support.

Thi Thi Nwe.

[thithinwe], Apr 20, 2020
Thema:

Display driver failed to start using microsoft basic display driver instead

1. Display driver failed to start using microsoft basic display driver instead - Similar Threads - Display driver failed

2. Display shows microsoft basic display driver instead of my gpu

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Display shows microsoft basic display driver instead of my gpu: Recently bought laptop gigabyte g5 kd i5-11400h rtx3060. I installed graphic drivers, so now my graphic card shows in the list of devices, but whenever I launch a game in a fullscreen mode it looks like a slide show. When I use window mode it's pretty smooth. I've tried to...
  3. Display shows microsoft basic display driver instead of my gpu

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Display shows microsoft basic display driver instead of my gpu: Recently bought laptop gigabyte g5 kd i5-11400h rtx3060. I installed graphic drivers, so now my graphic card shows in the list of devices, but whenever I launch a game in a fullscreen mode it looks like a slide show. When I use window mode it's pretty smooth. I've tried to...
  4. Display shows microsoft basic display driver instead of my gpu

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Windows 10 using "Microsoft Basic Display Driver" instead of my GPU Drivers

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 using "Microsoft Basic Display Driver" instead of my GPU Drivers: Hello everyone,Sorry for the sccreen in french but I rather use the english forum that the french one.Here are my specs :OS : Windows 10 version 20H2CPU : Intel® Core™ i5-6600K 3.50 GHzGPU : Radeon RX 480 GraphicsRam : 8 GBI juste downloaded a new game and i have been unable...
  6. microsoft basic display driver

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    microsoft basic display driver: my graphics is set as microsoft basic display driver, its a recent problem after my son tried to install a high tech graphics driver for his gaming and I got the BSOD and have been trying to fix the problem myself. I uninstalled the original graphics driver but I can't...
  7. Display driver fails to start

Display driver fails to start: after installing a new graphics driver my monitor goes off while playing games. Windows notification says "Display driver failed to start". Only restarting seems to fix it. I've tried clean reinstalling the driver , uninstalling my graphics card and even cleaned my GPU, since...
  8. Display driver failed to start;usind microsoft display driver instead

Display driver failed to start;usind microsoft display driver instead: My pc is flickering itself and becoming black . My curser is not appearing https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/display-driver-failed-to-startusind-microsoft/5d47cbe0-d6a9-455d-b436-5c2f4bed70ea
  9. Display driver failed to start

Display driver failed to start: Display driver failed to start https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/display-driver-failed-to-start/895075cc-55f3-4536-8e34-e4f6278c2a1b
  10. microsoft basic display driver

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    microsoft basic display driver: Hi, I have dell N1050 Laptop. For some reason I cannot use intel graphics driver and can only use Microsoft basic display driver. I went to repair shop to fix this. they say its hardware and can't be fixed without changing motherboard. I can't spend that much right now. I...