Windows 10: Display driver igfx stopped responding while playing Minecraft

Discus and support Display driver igfx stopped responding while playing Minecraft in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; Today, while I was playing Minecraft on my newer computer, I left for a minute and came back to find the game frozen. I thought it had crashed, but... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by allam447635, Mar 20, 2019.

1. Display driver igfx stopped responding while playing Minecraft

Today, while I was playing Minecraft on my newer computer, I left for a minute and came back to find the game frozen. I thought it had crashed, but then my whole screen froze. It then recovered, but the game was still visually frozen. I looked in Event Viewer and saw an event with the description "Display driver igfx stopped responding and has successfully recovered". This never happened until today (I've used this computer for about 7 months). What was that about?
    The last time I installed a Windows update was yesterday, in case that's relevant.

:)

allam447635, Mar 20, 2019

2. Error: Display driver igfx stopped responding and has successfully recovered

My system is getting the following error and warning message whenever I do any high performance task:

My system configuration is follows:

• Lenovo Flex2
    • 8 GB RAM
    • NVIDIA GEFORCE 2 GB
    • DEDICATED RAM

Due to this, my system keeps getting stuck. I've tried lots of things found by googling, with no success.

Abhilash Thomas, Mar 20, 2019
  3. yomi Win User
    display driver atikmdag stopped responding

error: display driver atikmdag stopped responding (8.7 driver)
    hello people I get this on task bar vith vista any body know anything about it computer stops responding as well

4. Dexter Win User

Display driver igfx stopped responding while playing Minecraft

IGFX display driver stops responding Win10, Nvidia

Have a user with an HP Envy Laptop running Win10. Seemingly randomly, he is getting errors that the igfx display driver "has stopped responding and has recovered" after Windows restarts the driver through performance monitoring.

I've been to the HP help file and NVidia website about this error and gone through each of the recommendations including reducing visual effects, updating the driver, checking for certain programs that use GPU to be causing the issue, installed Windows updates, etc. I've also run check disk

So far the user has been able to reproduce the problem with just Internet Explorer running and no other programs. There are a lot of services running (normal for win10, I guess?), but I don't know where to go from here to diagnose the issue. This is a new laptop, and the previous laptop ran all of the same software for 7 years without issue, including Win10 for 6 months.

Dexter, Mar 20, 2019
Thema:

Display driver igfx stopped responding while playing Minecraft

1. Display driver igfx stopped responding while playing Minecraft - Similar Threads - Display driver igfx

2. Display driver igfx stops responding and it recovers.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Display driver igfx stops responding and it recovers.: Hello. I am facing this problem:In the Event Viewer, I see the display driver igfx stops responding.I found it in WerFault events and I want to know the cause.P1: 141P2: ffffa403dcc9a010P3: fffff80276b95020P4: 0P5: 2a48P6: 10_0_19044P7: 0_0P8: 256_1P9: P10: What NTSTATUS or...
  3. Display driver igfx stops responding and it recovers.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Display driver igfx stops responding and it recovers.: Hello. I am facing this problem:In the Event Viewer, I see the display driver igfx stops responding.I found it in WerFault events and I want to know the cause.P1: 141P2: ffffa403dcc9a010P3: fffff80276b95020P4: 0P5: 2a48P6: 10_0_19044P7: 0_0P8: 256_1P9: P10: What NTSTATUS or...
  4. Display driver igfx stops responding and it recovers.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. "Display driver igfx stopped responding and has successfully recovered"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "Display driver igfx stopped responding and has successfully recovered": I've been dealing with this issue for the past 6 months with no way of fixing it. I've went through several support questions asking how it can be resolved and it's all lead to the issue still not being solved and its extremely aggravating. The issue is making my computer...
  6. "Display driver igfx stopped responding and has successfully recovered"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    "Display driver igfx stopped responding and has successfully recovered": I've been dealing with this issue for the past 6 months with no way of fixing it. I've went through several support questions asking how it can be resolved and it's all lead to the issue still not being solved and its extremely aggravating. The issue is making my computer...
  7. "Display driver igfx stopped responding and has successfully recovered"

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. "Display driver igfx stopped responding and has successfully recovered."

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "Display driver igfx stopped responding and has successfully recovered.": I'm currently getting "Display driver igfx stopped responding and has successfully recovered." issues. Can you help me? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/display-driver-igfx-stopped-responding-and-has/41662ea7-231e-402e-8a34-840281035458
  9. Keep getting error 'Display driver igfx stopped responding and has successfully recovered.'

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Keep getting error 'Display driver igfx stopped responding and has successfully recovered.': Issue has been persistent for over a month or two now. Usually when I watch something on YouTube, the video freezes every now and again for a few seconds sometimes my screen goes black briefly, and looking on Event Viewer I keep getting the event message 'Display driver igfx...
  10. Display driver igfx stopped responding and has successfully recovered.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Display driver igfx stopped responding and has successfully recovered.: I had chrome up in the background and World of Warcraft going, along with the predator sense for the helios 300, and was casually tabbing between the two. I went to WoW and noticed that on the left there was like a green bar with a tip of red in what looked to be a long red...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. display driver igfx stopped responding and has successfully recovered during minecraft

2. igfx stops working while playing a game

3. igfx stopped responding

4. surface igfx