Windows 10: Display Driver Not Working - Basic Windows 10 Driver Works, But Keeps Updating

Discus and support Display Driver Not Working - Basic Windows 10 Driver Works, But Keeps Updating in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; My older Lenovo desktop system H50 display driver is causing issues, so I rolled back to the default/basic Windows Display driver - which fixes the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by JohnAyo1, Apr 8, 2020.

1. JohnAyo1 Win User

Display Driver Not Working - Basic Windows 10 Driver Works, But Keeps Updating

My older Lenovo desktop system H50 display driver is causing issues, so I rolled back to the default/basic Windows Display driver - which fixes the issue.

But...Windows keeps updating it. How can I get Windows to not update this driver?

:)

JohnAyo1, Apr 8, 2020

2. Display Driver keeps crashing than recovering

Hello Lego,

Welcome to Microsoft Community and thank you for posting. We appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I understand the inconvenience that you are unable to play the game as computer prompts with error “Display Drivers have stopped responding and have recovered” and screen freezes, we will help you to resolve this issue.

Please follow the below troubleshooting steps and check:

Step 1: Update/Install the Display Adapter driver.

If the issue still persists, I suggest you to install/update the Display Adapter driver.

Steps to install the drivers for the Display Adapter.

• Press Windows + R keys from the keyboard to open
      Run command.

• In Run window type devmgmt.msc.

• Then in device manager right click on Display Adapter.

• Try to update the drivers from the option stating automatically update the drivers.

• If it works fine otherwise try to search for the drivers with the help of model number of your computer from the Manufacturer’s website.

Step 2: If that does not fix the issue, please reinstall the display adapter drivers.

• Right click on the Start button from the desktop and select
      Device Manager.

• Locate and expand Display adapter.

• Right-click on the Display adapter that is listed and click “Uninstall”.

• And restart the computer.

Hope it helps. Kindly update the status of the issue, we will be happy to help you.

Deepika Gowda, Apr 8, 2020
  3. B1ack5ky Win User
    Windows update reverted display to MS Basic Display Driver

I'm running Windows 10 with a ATI Radeon HD 4800 series video card. Everything was working fine with my display until a recent update which caused my computer to start using the Microsoft Basic Display Driver. In Device Manager the Computer is still showing
    the correct video card. But when I go into my Display Settings and select Display Adapter properties, it shows that my monitor is using the MS Basic Display Driver (this doesn't even show up in Device Manager). Now I am stuck with low resolution settings for
    my large monitor. I cannot make the computer use the correct video card.

I've already tried all the basics:

• Downloaded and installed latest drivers from video card vendor and monitor
    • Uninstalled and completely removed the video card and monitor
    • Rebooted the machine
    Still no luck to fixing. Suggestions? It has been working since my first day with Windows 10 until the last update.

Display Driver Not Working - Basic Windows 10 Driver Works, But Keeps Updating d9730bd6-aef4-47eb-a8aa-90f7fb3316a4.png

Display Driver Not Working - Basic Windows 10 Driver Works, But Keeps Updating 4e7ec181-7d27-4dd9-8d8b-a19040bd67a1.png

B1ack5ky, Apr 8, 2020
  4. SASCO67 Win User

Windows update reverted display to MS Basic Display Driver

I just wanted to thank you! This is the only thing to have worked after several nights trawling the online help. My screen resolution is now back to normal after last week's Windows 10 update. I had tried so many "fixes" and this was the only one to have
    worked and was so easy to do! Now my photos look normal again and not horribly stretched! Thanks a million1

SASCO67, Apr 8, 2020
Thema:

1. Display Driver Not Working - Basic Windows 10 Driver Works, But Keeps Updating - Similar Threads - Display Driver Working

2. basic display adapter drivers

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    basic display adapter drivers: How can I update the driver for the basic display adapter windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/basic-display-adapter-drivers/b5adc157-a44f-4366-ae17-6342d8c362ef
  3. Display Driver not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Display Driver not working: Hello there!So basically I have an issue with my monitor driver. The problem is that my monitor is actually 16:9 and 1280 by 720. But windows recognizes it as 4:3. I have tried all sorts of solutions like deleting ghost drivers using intel's driver diagnostics but all that...
  4. Display Driver not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Display Driver not working: Hello there!So basically I have an issue with my monitor driver. The problem is that my monitor is actually 16:9 and 1280 by 720. But windows recognizes it as 4:3. I have tried all sorts of solutions like deleting ghost drivers using intel's driver diagnostics but all that...
  5. Display Driver not working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  6. microsoft basic display driver

microsoft basic display driver: my graphics is set as microsoft basic display driver, its a recent problem after my son tried to install a high tech graphics driver for his gaming and I got the BSOD and have been trying to fix the problem myself. I uninstalled the original graphics driver but I can't...
  7. Display Driver is not working

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Display Driver is not working: System info: System Model HP ENVY All-in-One 27-b1XX Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-7700T CPU @ 2.90GHz, 2904 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 8 Logical Processor(s) Installed Physical Memory (RAM) 16.0 GB Nvidia Geforce GTX 950m driver Intel HD graphics 630 driver I have a second...
  8. Windows basic display driver is keeps installing......

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows basic display driver is keeps installing......: [IMG][IMG][IMG]I have Intel display driver. I recently clean install windows 10. After that, default display driver is set to windows Microsoft basic display driver. So, I checked my Intel display driver in windows update and downloaded it and installed it. After,...
  9. display driver is not working

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    display driver is not working: Dear Concern person greetings i have installed all the necessary updated driver in the system but it is not working properly and this information is showing in the device manager. Please help me how can i get rid of this issue. thanks.! Driver Management concluded...
  10. Microsoft basic display driver on update to Windows 10

Microsoft basic display driver on update to Windows 10: Hallo A few weeks ago I upgraded from Windows 7 to Windows 10. I have a Flatron E2351 monitor, which opens with a logo LG, "Life's good". But windows 10 opens it with a 6 cm black margin on the left and on the right. It worked fine when I was on indows 7. Following the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. this device is not working properly because windows cannot load the drivers required for this device. (code 31)the driver trying to start is not the same as the driver for the posted display adapter. amd