Windows 10: Display driver nvlddmkm stopped responding and has successfully recovered

Discus and support Display driver nvlddmkm stopped responding and has successfully recovered in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Some Windows 10 users are reporting that randomly their screen will just go black for a second and come back. When this happens, it usually distorts... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinClub, Mar 11, 2021.

1. WinClub New Member

Display driver nvlddmkm stopped responding and has successfully recovered

Some Windows 10 users are reporting that randomly their screen will just go black for a second and come back. When this happens, it usually distorts any video currently on the screen; sometimes, they can resume working on the PC normally. However, when they view the event logs, they see the error message Display driver nvlddmkm stopped responding and has successfully recovered. If you’re having similar issues, you can try the solutions provided in this post to mitigate the issue.

Display driver nvlddmkm stopped responding and has successfully recovered Display-driver-nvlddmkm-stopped-responding-and-has-successfully-recovered.png

If you’re faced with this issue, you can try our recommended solutions below in no particular order and see if that helps to resolve the issue.

1. Remove Aura iCUE plugin (applies to only ASUS motherboards)
    2. Change Power Management mode
    3. Update graphics driver
    4. Rollback graphics driver
    5. Uninstall and reinstall graphics card driver
    6. Replace graphics card.

Let’s take a look at the description of the process involved concerning each of the listed solutions.

1] Remove Aura plugin (applies to only ASUS motherboards)

Some PC users discovered that iCue adds an Aura plugin for ASUS MOBOs. That, combined with EVGA Precision X1, was causing the error it seems – this was determined when the screen would turn off and on when opening EVGA x1 software. In this case, the issue was resolved by removing the Aura iCUE plugins.

2] Change Power Management mode

Display driver nvlddmkm stopped responding and has successfully recovered Change-Power-Management-mode.jpg

Do the following:

• Right-click the battery icon on the notification area on the right of the Taskbar.
    • Select Power Options.
    • In the Power Options window, locate your current Power Plan.
    • Select High performance, if that’s not your current power plan.
    • Now, click on Change plan settings next to it.
    • Now click on Change advanced power settings.
    • Expand PCI Express section.
    • Expand Link State Power Management.
    • Now set power saving to Off for both On battery and Plugged in state. This would fix any issues caused by the low power to the video card.
    • Click Apply > OK to save changes.

The issue should be resolved now. If not, try the next solution.

3] Update graphics driver

This solution requires you to update your graphics card drivers and see if that resolves the Display driver nvlddmkm stopped responding and has successfully recovered issue.

Read: How to restart Graphics Driver.

4] Rollback graphics driver

Check the graphics card driver version. The 451.48 DCH and 451.67 DCH were the only releases known to cause this issue. Rollback the driver to version 446.14 DCH or earlier and see if that helps.

5] Uninstall and reinstall graphics card driver

This solution requires you to uninstall the graphics card driver (even if it’s new) using Display Driver Uninstaller, and then head over to the graphics card manufacturer website or use the update utility on your PC to download the most current drivers, you may even want to try a “beta” version if there are any.

6] Replace graphics card

If none of these solutions work, you can always buy a new graphics card or if still under warranty, you can have it replaced. But before this, you want to be sure that it is your card. If you have an extra graphics card, install it on your computer. If the problem goes away, it is the card, and you will need a new one.

Hope this helps!

Related post: Display driver stopped responding and has recovered.

Display driver nvlddmkm stopped responding and has successfully recovered Display-driver-nvlddmkm-stopped-responding-and-has-successfully-recovered.png
    This article Display driver nvlddmkm stopped responding and has successfully recovered first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com.

read more...

WinClub, Mar 11, 2021

2. Display driver nvlddmkm stopped responding and has successfully recovered

Display driver nvlddmkm stopped responding and has successfully recovered. i get this error when i play world of warcraft and the screen gos black and game crashes.plus in the windows experience index score both my video scores are 6.6 is that low for a evga gtx 285 in windows 7 64 bit rc ?

skellattarr, Mar 11, 2021
  3. Display driver nvlddmkm stopped responding and has successfully recovered

hi every one im back with the same problem Display driver nvlddmkm stopped responding and has successfully recovered error when i play wow. its happening a lot more now i have the newest drivers and my card gets up to 59c when i play. not Sher how to fix this any ideas?

skellattarr, Mar 11, 2021
  4. Display driver nvlddmkm stopped responding and has successfully recovered

Display driver nvlddmkm stopped responding and has successfully recovered.

hi joydeep sir got error message as Display driver nvlddmkm stopped responding and has successfully recovered.i am using windows 10 home sl 64 bit 1709.

JoydeepSarkar685, Mar 11, 2021
Thema:

1. Display driver nvlddmkm stopped responding and has successfully recovered - Similar Threads - Display driver nvlddmkm

2. Display driver amdkmdap stopped responding and has successfully recovered.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Display driver amdkmdap stopped responding and has successfully recovered.: When i tried to screen share on discord my screen went black completely all sounds stopped and then the screen recovered and every app was closed when i saw the event viewer i saw "Display driver amdkmdap stopped responding and has successfully recovered." with event id...
  3. "Display driver igfx stopped responding and has successfully recovered"

"Display driver igfx stopped responding and has successfully recovered": I've been dealing with this issue for the past 6 months with no way of fixing it. I've went through several support questions asking how it can be resolved and it's all lead to the issue still not being solved and its extremely aggravating. The issue is making my computer...
  4. "Display driver igfx stopped responding and has successfully recovered"

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    "Display driver igfx stopped responding and has successfully recovered": I've been dealing with this issue for the past 6 months with no way of fixing it. I've went through several support questions asking how it can be resolved and it's all lead to the issue still not being solved and its extremely aggravating. The issue is making my computer...
  5. "Display driver amdwddmg stopped responding and has successfully recovered."

"Display driver amdwddmg stopped responding and has successfully recovered.": My friend has been experiencing an issue where he tries to play ganes, but he can only play for like 30 seconds or less before it crashes. We tried updating his drivers. We keep seeing driver errors in event viewer and I have no idea whats happening. He's using a Radeon RX...
  6. Display driver amdkmdag stopped responding and has successfully recovered.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Display driver amdkmdag stopped responding and has successfully recovered.: I'm using Legion 5 2020, Ryzen 5 4600H with Nvidia 1650 graphics cardLatest Windows 10. The screen is getting blacked out for a few seconds and then the opened application crashesMostly while I play any media thing. Tried to reinstall the display drivers. Also did an in place...
  7. "Display driver nvlddmkm stopped responding and has successfully recovered." event...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "Display driver nvlddmkm stopped responding and has successfully recovered." event...: I have been having issues where in the middle of playing a game, it would crash and a dialog box would say that "Windows has restarted your GPU driver due to a problem, driver upgrade or physical removal. Game Name will terminate." I downloaded TechPowerUp GPU-Z and it seems...
  8. "Display driver igfx stopped responding and has successfully recovered."

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "Display driver igfx stopped responding and has successfully recovered.": I'm currently getting "Display driver igfx stopped responding and has successfully recovered." issues. Can you help me? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/display-driver-igfx-stopped-responding-and-has/41662ea7-231e-402e-8a34-840281035458
  9. Display driver nvlddmkm stopped responding and has successfully recovered.......(DxDiag...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Display driver nvlddmkm stopped responding and has successfully recovered.......(DxDiag...: This is my first time making a post on any forums. Please let me know if i need to provide more information or if i can improve on anything. I have tried fixing this on my own but have not gotten anywhere. I just reinstalled win10 and cant even get Wow to work. It just...
  10. Display driver nvlddmkm stopped responding and has successfully recovered.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Display driver nvlddmkm stopped responding and has successfully recovered.: My PC has developed a really annoying problem where it will randomly freeze, then the screen will momentarily turn blank, and the system starts responding again. I also have problems with Chrome and Firefox where the browser page just turns white before being restored back to...