Windows 10: Display driver problem switched to basic windows controller

Discus and support Display driver problem switched to basic windows controller in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hello, ive tryed using an graphic video card and then removed it from my computer, after i restarted it i noticed the games were going at low fps and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Ariel Altamirano, Jan 20, 2023.

1. Display driver problem switched to basic windows controller

Hello, ive tryed using an graphic video card and then removed it from my computer, after i restarted it i noticed the games were going at low fps and my cpu temperature increasing in a amount ive never seen before, i checked everything and noticed an warning sign on the Radeon Graphics, i tryed to install AMD Ryzen™ 7 5700G Drivers & Support AMD latest driver for my cpu and then i restarted and it switched to basic windows controller, i dont know really what to do and im thankful for any response

:)

Ariel Altamirano, Jan 20, 2023
  2. B. Parker Win User

Upgrading MS Basic Display Driver

Like many people, I'm unable to upgrade to Win 10 because the manufacturer of my video card has chosen not to upgrade the applicable driver.

So I'm warned that the Win 10 install would replace the current driver with the Microsoft Basic Display Driver, which I'm warned is a very, very basic driver with limited abilities that do not support:

• Display scaling control
    • Multiple displays
    • Display rotation
    • Video capture
    • Power settings
    • VSync control
    • Brightness control on integrated display panels
    • AMD Catalyst™ Control Center
    My machine is far from reaching its end of use lifecycle and is still working quickly and flawlessly with Win 7 Pro installed.

Are these limitations with the MBDD actually true?

What's the likelihood that MS will improve the MBDD to help fill the gap left by manufacturers and allow us to upgrade to Win 10 with a display driver which is more sophisticated than just the rudimentary basics?

B. Parker, Jan 20, 2023
  3. Microsoft Basic Display Driver???

Just an update, Microsoft has removed the driver from the update servers so uninstalling and reinstalling the drivers should work now.

Remove AMD drivers:

www.guru3d.com/files-details/display-driver-uninstaller-download.html

Your display driver should now be switched to Microsoft basic adapter.

Restart and Check for Windows updates or Click update driver now for Microsoft basic display adapter in Device Manager.

Sumit Dhiman2, Jan 20, 2023
  4. Display driver problem switched to basic windows controller

Windows update reverted display to MS Basic Display Driver

Hi,

Normally, this issue occurs when the drivers were being corrupted or updated after the recent update. Since you've already tried to install the latest driver, we suggest that you roll back to the previous driver and check if it helps to resolve the issue. To
    do this, kindly follow the steps below:

• Open Device Manager.
    • Double-click the device for which you want to roll back to the previous version of the driver, and then click
      Properties.
    • Under the Driver tab, select Roll Back Driver.
    • Select OK.

Let us know how it goes after performing the suggested steps.

Eileen Gal, Jan 20, 2023
Thema:

Display driver problem switched to basic windows controller

1. Display driver problem switched to basic windows controller - Similar Threads - Display driver problem

2. microsoft basic display driver AMD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    microsoft basic display driver AMD: microsoft basic display driver AMD problem https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-basic-display-driver-amd/c49b6b98-8c3a-4550-b9e6-c6e18aa30923
  3. basic display adapter drivers

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    basic display adapter drivers: How can I update the driver for the basic display adapter windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/basic-display-adapter-drivers/b5adc157-a44f-4366-ae17-6342d8c362ef
  4. basic display adapter drivers

in Windows 10 Gaming
    basic display adapter drivers: How can I update the driver for the basic display adapter windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/basic-display-adapter-drivers/b5adc157-a44f-4366-ae17-6342d8c362ef
  5. basic display adapter drivers

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Display driver problem switched to basic windows controller

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Display driver problem switched to basic windows controller: Hello, ive tryed using an graphic video card and then removed it from my computer, after i restarted it i noticed the games were going at low fps and my cpu temperature increasing in a amount ive never seen before, i checked everything and noticed an warning sign on the...
  7. Display driver problem switched to basic windows controller

Display driver problem switched to basic windows controller: Hello, ive tryed using an graphic video card and then removed it from my computer, after i restarted it i noticed the games were going at low fps and my cpu temperature increasing in a amount ive never seen before, i checked everything and noticed an warning sign on the...
  8. microsoft basic display driver

microsoft basic display driver: my graphics is set as microsoft basic display driver, its a recent problem after my son tried to install a high tech graphics driver for his gaming and I got the BSOD and have been trying to fix the problem myself. I uninstalled the original graphics driver but I can't...
  9. Windows basic display driver is keeps installing......

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows basic display driver is keeps installing......: [IMG][IMG][IMG]I have Intel display driver. I recently clean install windows 10. After that, default display driver is set to windows Microsoft basic display driver. So, I checked my Intel display driver in windows update and downloaded it and installed it. After,...
  10. microsoft basic display driver

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    microsoft basic display driver: Hi, I have dell N1050 Laptop. For some reason I cannot use intel graphics driver and can only use Microsoft basic display driver. I went to repair shop to fix this. they say its hardware and can't be fixed without changing motherboard. I can't spend that much right now. I...