Windows 10: Display driver problem

Discus and support Display driver problem in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Dear Team, I would like to have your suggestion. I am using window 10 and I got this message "Display driver failed to start;using Microsoft Basic... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by [thithinwe], Sep 26, 2019.

1. Display driver problem

Dear Team,

I would like to have your suggestion. I am using window 10 and I got this message "Display driver failed to start;using Microsoft Basic Display Driver instead".Now, I am using Intel (R) HD Graphics 620. I also updated my display driver.I am not sure that it will work really. My question is that i need to install and use Microsoft Basic Display Driver instead of using current display driver. Furthermore,I am now using window 10 pro version 1809 and may i know compatible microsoft display driver version with it.

Thank a lot for your support.

Thi Thi Nwe.

:)

[thithinwe], Sep 26, 2019
  2. 95Viper Win User

Driver and/or display problem (AMD)

Try this:

• Right click on a blank area of your desktop and select "Display Properties"
    • Select "Advanced Display Settings"
    • Select "Display Adapter Properties"
    • Click on "List all Modes"
    • Select the preferred display mode. Something with at least 60Hz.
    • Then select your setting you want
    • See if the option came back

95Viper, Sep 26, 2019
  3. Display driver not supporting and device manager not showing Display adapter option

Hi Maheen,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

This issue could have occurred due to these reasons:

• Incorrect settings.
    • Corrupt or outdated display driver.
    Try the steps listed here and check if it helps:

Method 1:

I suggest you to download and install all the available Windows Updates including Optional Updates. Check if it helps.

Method 2:

If the issue persists, i suggest you to uninstall and re-install latest display driver from the computer manufacturer website and check if it helps.

Step 1: Uninstall display driver.

• Right-click on the Start Button and click on
      Device manager.
    • Double-click on Display Adapters to expand.
    • Right-click on the display adapter driver that is listed and select properties.
    • In the window opened, click on drivers tab.
    • In the drivers tab, Click on Uninstall option.
    Now restart your computer and check, if the problem persists try step 2.

Step 2:

Re-install display driver from the manufacturer website.

Let us know if the issue is resolved or if you need further assistance, we will be glad to help.

Akheel Ahmed, Sep 26, 2019
  4. Display driver problem

Driver and/or display problem (AMD)

On W7, it's not quite pathed that way, but when I pick 1600x900 60Hz (32 bit True ) color via that method, I get the same problem, gets stuck on 59Hz, and is a small inset wallpaper with no scaling option showing. Only resolutions that show a scaling option are 1920x1080 and 1280x720.

Note as well that in the AMD forums thread I linked to, it's mysteriously labeled as "Fixed", even though the thread author never declared his problem fixed, and people to the end of the thread through 16.8.3 were still having issues. In fact the driver the AMD guy claimed fixed it (16.5.2) most were not getting scaling option with.

I am SO tempted to jump to Nvidia right now instead of waiting to look at Zen and 1080 Ti like I'd planned to.
    Yes, that is the new way they've implemented it since 16.5.2 or so, and it shows up on 1080 and 720 as mentioned, but not on any other res. On 1080 I can leave it on 0%, due to native res. On 720 I have to scale it to 5%. On 900 or anything else, it doesn't even show up.

Before this started happening, when I switched to 900, I didn't even have to do any scaling, it just fit the screen. Something just recently caused all this to happen.

BTW, I should also mention that I no longer see Gaming Evolved app showing up in the list of install features with the latest beta driver. I don't even think I saw it when installing the 16.7.3 WHQL, and it should be there. I never install it, just thought I should mention that it's no longer showing on the install list.

For now my desktop workaround is using 1080p with 150% fonts. They're still a bit faint, but easier to read than 125%, which were very faint. My only consolation is that at least my gaming/native res fits the screen. Some are even having trouble with native res not fitting the screen.

Frag Maniac, Sep 26, 2019
Thema:

Display driver problem

1. Display driver problem - Similar Threads - Display driver problem

2. Display or driver problem.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Display or driver problem.: I don't understand what's happening to my display after installing the drivers! When I installed Windows but didn't install the video drivers yet, everything was fine. Then I installed all the drivers from the ASUS website for my model. But then Windows updated through the...
  3. Display or driver problem.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Display or driver problem.: I don't understand what's happening to my display after installing the drivers! When I installed Windows but didn't install the video drivers yet, everything was fine. Then I installed all the drivers from the ASUS website for my model. But then Windows updated through the...
  4. Display driver problem

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Display driver problem: Hello I have problem with my display driver.My windows automaticlly download wrong driver for graphics.There are no graphics driver for windows 10 on your page.I aslo tried to dowload the driver for windows 8 but it doesnt work.I also try download display driver from amd site...
  5. Problem with display driver

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Problem with display driver: Hi everyone. I'm am totally new to windows 10, just recently got my new assembled pc. Specifications: AMD athlon 200 GE with inbuilt Raedon Vega 3 graphics 8 GB ram 1 TB hard disk space I was thinking of adding a graphics card later on. The problem is, windows 10 starts...
  6. Display driver problems

Display driver problems: I get this crash message during gameplay at time. Faulting application name: Radeonsoftware.exe, version: 10.1.2.1788, time stamp: 0x5ebeeeda Faulting module name: ntdll.dll, version: 10.0.18362.815, time stamp: 0xb29ecf52 Exception code: 0xc0000374 Fault offset:...
  7. problem with display driver

problem with display driver: my spec are intel core i5 3rd generation ram: 4 gb intel hd 3000 amd radeon 7400m series So , I have 2 graphics . But amd was causing problem like blue screen . so I don't wanted to use it and uninstalled it . But now I am facing low resolution because my display...
  8. Problem with Intel Display Driver

Problem with Intel Display Driver: How do i re enable intel 650 display driver after MICROSOFT disabled my display driver [Original Title: Display Driver] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/problem-with-intel-display-driver/c1945a8c-4346-477b-8a00-2afbac46f4dc
  9. Display Driver Problems in Windows 10

Display Driver Problems in Windows 10: I am working on a PC with Windows 10. I use the Adobe Creative Cloud apps on this PC. About 2 weeks ago, I began not being able to print or set preferences in Adobe Acrobat DC. Adobe has tried several things with their software to solve the problem, but says that it is a...
  10. Display driver problem

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Display driver problem: Howdy I am having a lot of trouble with my display driver failing. Typically the computer will be on for a while and then the screen will go black and then come back with a message stating the display driver had stopped responding. this can happen multiple times. It has...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. display driver not showing 1600x900