Windows 10: Display driver repeatedly crashing as of a couple of days ago. Update issue?

Discus and support Display driver repeatedly crashing as of a couple of days ago. Update issue? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; This only seems to happen while browsing the internet, I can game just fine. Has anyone else experienced this? I checked the date on my display drivers... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/BillowsB, Feb 9, 2020.

1. Display driver repeatedly crashing as of a couple of days ago. Update issue?

This only seems to happen while browsing the internet, I can game just fine. Has anyone else experienced this? I checked the date on my display drivers and it doesn't correlate with this issue popping up so I'm thinking it has something to do with windows interaction with my browsers. It's happening while using both Brave and Chrome.

submitted by /u/BillowsB
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/BillowsB, Feb 9, 2020

2. Display Driver kept crashing

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I understand the inconvenience you are facing with accessing the operating system as it the display drivers crashes.

Do let us know the error code/ error message of this issue when the drivers crashes?

This issue might have occurred due to corrupted/ outdated drivers after the latest update, we will help you with this issue.

Try few of the below troubleshooting steps and check if it helps.

Method 1: I suggest you to check with the display driver status from Device Manager.

Press Windows + x, click on Device Manager, expand
    Display Adapter, right click on the driver, click on
    Properties. You will find the driver status.

Method 2: I suggest you to Run Hardware troubleshooter as it will help in resolving the issues with hardware and resolve any simple issues found.

• Press Windows key from the keyboard, type
      Troubleshooting and select it.
    • Click on view all option on the upper left corner of
      Troubleshooting window.
    • Select the Hardware and Device
      options from the list.
    • Click Next to run the Hardware and Device
      Troubleshooter.

Method 3: I suggest you to update the display drivers and check.

Steps to Update the Display Adapter driver.

• Press Windows key + X key when you are at desktop.
    • Select Device Manager.
    • Expand Display Adapter.
    • Right on the Display Adapter and click on
      Update driver software.

Refer to: How
    to: Install and Update drivers in Windows 10

Also refer to: Troubleshoot black screen problems

Hope it helps. Try the above, reply to the post with an updated status of this issue for further assistance.

Deepika Gowda, Feb 9, 2020
  3. Display Driver keeps crashing than recovering

Hello Lego,

Welcome to Microsoft Community and thank you for posting. We appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I understand the inconvenience that you are unable to play the game as computer prompts with error “Display Drivers have stopped responding and have recovered” and screen freezes, we will help you to resolve this issue.

Please follow the below troubleshooting steps and check:

Step 1: Update/Install the Display Adapter driver.

If the issue still persists, I suggest you to install/update the Display Adapter driver.

Steps to install the drivers for the Display Adapter.

• Press Windows + R keys from the keyboard to open
      Run command.

• In Run window type devmgmt.msc.

• Then in device manager right click on Display Adapter.

• Try to update the drivers from the option stating automatically update the drivers.

• If it works fine otherwise try to search for the drivers with the help of model number of your computer from the Manufacturer’s website.

Step 2: If that does not fix the issue, please reinstall the display adapter drivers.

• Right click on the Start button from the desktop and select
      Device Manager.

• Locate and expand Display adapter.

• Right-click on the Display adapter that is listed and click “Uninstall”.

• And restart the computer.

Hope it helps. Kindly update the status of the issue, we will be happy to help you.

Deepika Gowda, Feb 9, 2020
  4. Display driver repeatedly crashing as of a couple of days ago. Update issue?

Display driver issues

Hi Bob,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community.

I highly appreciate your efforts and time.

• What is the make and model of the computer?
    • Did you make any changes prior to this issue?
    • What and all steps have you tried so far?
    It could be due to incorrect settings or missing/corrupt drivers or missing updates.

I suggest you to try the steps provided below and check if it helps.

Restart the computer a few times and check for Windows Updates.

In the Search box on the taskbar, enter Windows Update, select Windows Update. On the Windows Update page, select Check for updates.

Then try to update the display drivers.

How to update drivers: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-in/windows-10/how-to-update-drivers

Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Kalpana Shankarappa, Feb 9, 2020
Thema:

Display driver repeatedly crashing as of a couple of days ago. Update issue?

1. Display driver repeatedly crashing as of a couple of days ago. Update issue? - Similar Threads - Display driver repeatedly

2. getting lots of crashes since BSOD a couple days ago, please help

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    getting lots of crashes since BSOD a couple days ago, please help: initial crash seems to be something to do with memory corruption:SourceWindowsSummaryShut down unexpectedlyDate‎6/‎17/‎2021 7:58 PMStatusReport sentProblem signatureProblem Event Name: BlueScreenCode: 1aParameter 1: 41792Parameter 2: ffffaf80000362e0Parameter 3:...
  3. Windows Update a few days ago

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Update a few days ago: Hello one and all, A few days ago, I had a WINDOWS Update for a WINDOWS 10 PC. Since then, I have been experiencing problem after problem with my apps. They are not working or audio not heard. I went to the virtual chat yesterday evening, and was told they were connecting...
  4. Since this computer updated a couple of days ago, I can't open attachments on my gmail...

Since this computer updated a couple of days ago, I can't open attachments on my gmail...: Since my computer updated a couple of days ago, I can no longer open attachments on my Gmail messages or open when the message says "read more." How can I fix this?...
  5. Built a new PC a couple weeks ago- random crashes

Built a new PC a couple weeks ago- random crashes: Hello I built a new PC and am experiencing random crashes sometimes days apart. I only saw a blue screen once but the system does restart. AMD Ryzen 3700x Gigabyte X570 Elite pro wifi motherboard Zotac geforce 1080 extreme 32GB Ram 3600w/ XMP enabled 2400 without...
  6. Network discovery stopped working suddenly a couple of days ago.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Network discovery stopped working suddenly a couple of days ago.: I am not exactly sure when this started but I can no longer see computers and printers on my network. I think it started a day or two ago. I noticed it yesterday when I tried to print something and I got the message that the printer was offline. I then checked my network and...
  7. Graphics Driver Repeatedly Crashing

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Graphics Driver Repeatedly Crashing: A few days ago, my monitor screen began turning black. This happened most often on tab and window switches. I figured it wasn't a monitor issue, because turning the monitor on and off resolved until the next blackout. Ctrl + shift + windows + B also helped, so I figured it...
  8. HP ENVY - 17 fingerprint log on stopped working a couple of days ago

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    HP ENVY - 17 fingerprint log on stopped working a couple of days ago: I have been using fingerprint logon on my HP Envy 17 laptop but a couple of days ago it stopped working. When I check it seems to not seeing the fingerprint detector. [ATTACH]...
  9. Couple of days ago, my Window 10 will not support HP Scanner

Couple of days ago, my Window 10 will not support HP Scanner: Last Sunday I was going to scann Document using HP Printer 6978 as did many times before and when I was asked to save the scan, a window pop up telling me, that I do not have permission to modify files in this network location Contact the Administrator. I am the only one...
  10. Internet Explorer 11 crash couple times a day

Internet Explorer 11 crash couple times a day: How do I prevent Internet Explorer 11 from crashing multiple times a day, I have a new pc running Win 10 Pro, the message is "internet explorer has stopped responding" IE 11 start crashing after windows update few months ago. Already clear cache, history, disable addons,...