Windows 10: Display Driver / Safe Mode

Discus and support Display Driver / Safe Mode in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; My display driver gave out - I get a black screen now after windows 10 loads (can see stuff on screen up to the window's loading screen). So, in the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by spacesloth, May 14, 2016.

1. Display Driver / Safe Mode

My display driver gave out - I get a black screen now after windows 10 loads (can see stuff on screen up to the window's loading screen).

So, in the past, this is easy to fix. Boot windows into Safe mode and uninstall the driver then reinstall the driver or the previous driver etc.

Now? Someone help, if I can't boot into safe mode how the heck to I resolve this? Who the heck designed Windows 10 and decided to make "safe mode" only accessible through menus once you start windows? What value do you think safe mode has if I don't have the option to load it BEFORE window's loads? Girr - rant over.

Thanks in advance for any help.

:)

spacesloth, May 14, 2016
  2. TrueRock2 Win User

Windows 10 - installing video card drivers fails

I finally ended up using Display Driver Uninstaller:

Display Driver Uninstaller Download version 17.0.8.6

You have to go into "Safe Mode" to run it correctly.
    Safe Mode:

Start, Settings, "Update & security", Recovery, Advanced startup...

Troubleshoot, Advanced Options, Startup Settings, Restart, choice #4

Then I ran

Display Driver Uninstaller.exe

in "Safe Mode"

Then I rebooted and installed

353.62-desktop-win10-64bit-international-whql.exe

Then I rebooted again

TrueRock2, May 14, 2016
  3. AAAllen Win User
    Windows 10 1709 update failed and can't restore previous version

It is your video driver. Boot into Safe Mode and disable the Display Adapter in Device Manager and turn off Auto Update. After you get to Safe Mode, uninstall the Display Adapter and go to your computer manufacturers website. Download their updated
    drivers - restart when requested and you should be done.

AAAllen, May 14, 2016
  4. OldMike65 Win User

Display Driver / Safe Mode

You can boot into safe mode BEFORE your Windows 10 boots ....but you have to know which F Key to hit during bootup, then be able to SEE your screen to choose Safe mode...

OldMike65, May 14, 2016
Thema:

Display Driver / Safe Mode

1. Display Driver / Safe Mode - Similar Threads - Display Driver Safe

2. Is Display Driver Uninstaller safe?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is Display Driver Uninstaller safe?: Is Display Driver Uninstaller safe? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-display-driver-uninstaller-safe/7d66a419-f94f-40e0-82ae-748b30304aa8
  3. Is Display Driver Uninstaller safe?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is Display Driver Uninstaller safe?: Is Display Driver Uninstaller safe? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-display-driver-uninstaller-safe/7d66a419-f94f-40e0-82ae-748b30304aa8
  4. Is Display Driver Uninstaller safe?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. The laptop's Display only works in Safe mode.

The laptop's Display only works in Safe mode.: Greetings, A few days back, I downloaded Citra an emulator for running 3DS games. The same day - After a few hours, my Laptop screen started glitching out. I've attached the pictures of how it looks. The glitching-out process is aberrant; Sometimes it happens immediately at...
  6. Enable Audio Drivers in Safe Mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Enable Audio Drivers in Safe Mode: Hello,I'm currently trying to figure out why there are audio pops on my PC. I want to try them when there's minimal amount of other drivers. However Windows 11 does not seem to offer this possibility? I've tried adding audio drivers to Registry into SafeBoot Minimal, but they...
  7. Enable Audio Drivers in Safe Mode

Enable Audio Drivers in Safe Mode: Hello,I'm currently trying to figure out why there are audio pops on my PC. I want to try them when there's minimal amount of other drivers. However Windows 11 does not seem to offer this possibility? I've tried adding audio drivers to Registry into SafeBoot Minimal, but they...
  8. Safe Mode - there is no display

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Safe Mode - there is no display: I put PC in Safe Mode and I'm guessing it complied. However, the display is not/ will not connect so there is nothing on a screen to which I can respond. Is there any way to get it back to normal operating environment. keyboard strokes?...
  9. win 10, safe mode issue with display

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    win 10, safe mode issue with display: HI, I am really hoping someone can help, I tried to set up 2nd monitor at home on my win 10 PC, I tried a different display setting and got the blue screen issue saying "input no supported" and wasnt able to do anything. I looked up on line and saw some articles about...
  10. Updating drivers in safe mode

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Updating drivers in safe mode: Hello, I've been appealing to the Microsoft Community to ask you to believe that if I can update my Safe Mode drivers. I mention that I went into the safe mode in computer mode last night in the device manager section and I have some yellow drivers. How can I fix it to make...