Windows 10: Display driver stopped responding and has recovered Nvidia GTX 660

Discus and support Display driver stopped responding and has recovered Nvidia GTX 660 in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; So I just finished my build. I'm on Windows 10 64 bit. Specs are: * Intel Core i5 4690k @3.5ghz * Silverstone RVZ02 Case * Cryorig C7 CPU... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by invictus, Jun 5, 2016.

1. invictus Win User

Display driver stopped responding and has recovered Nvidia GTX 660

So I just finished my build. I'm on Windows 10 64 bit. Specs are:

So what's going on is that I'm getting Windows notifications reading "Display driver stopped responding and has recovered" every so often where things on the screen go black, while in games this occurs as well.
    I've tried:
    * boosting the fan speed

* messing with power consumption on my gpu

* Uninstalling and reinstalling Nvidia drivers

* Clean installing the drivers

* Manually installing the drivers in Device Manager

* Uninstalling remnants of AMD drivers from my cpu before I upgraded Friday afternoon

Nothing is really getting me anywhere. To note, these specs are an upgrade. My previous build I was running this gpu with this psu just fine. I'm not sure if it's because I'm using a Riser card in my case to connect my gpu to the motherboard, and I"m not sure how and what to do to stop this issue.*Sleepy

:)

invictus, Jun 5, 2016

2. Display driver stopped responding.

"Display driver stopped responding and has recovered (NVIDIA Windows Kernel Mode)" error after installing NVidia driver 353.30 and the computer restarts about 5 seconds after being put to sleep in fact I am unable to shut the computer down without shutting
    down the power supply to the computer. This only applies to my GTX 680 but not to my GTX 560. This is under Windows 10 on an Asus Maximus 3 Hero motherboard and an i5 6600K.

Iains account, Jun 5, 2016
  3. Problem with windows 10 NVIDIA Driver

I am recieving an error Display driver stopped responding and has recovered. Display driver NVIDIA Windows Kernel Mode Driver, Version 361.43 stopped responding and has successfully recovered. I am running Windows 10 preview build 11099.1000.

This NVIDIA driver is the latest driver. The previous driver also caused the same error so I checked for update. This just started with preview build 11099.

TopoftheHillZZ, Jun 5, 2016
  4. Display driver stopped responding and has recovered Nvidia GTX 660

I have the Asus GTX 660 TI and every so often I will get the same notice and I am not even playing games. I suspect it is caused by the video drivers from Nvidia. Have you got the latest video drivers from Nvidia 368.22?

Ak

alkaufmann, Jun 5, 2016
  5. FMG
    FMG Win User
    I have the same problem with almost the exact graphic card that you use. My monitor stops working and it's not recovering until a hard reset. It's really annoying and I couldn't find any solution at all. I created a topic for my problem as well. Had to reply, sorry for off-topic.

6. invictus Win User
    Not a problem. This might be from my power supply but I have yet to determine what the issue is.

invictus, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Display driver stopped responding and has recovered Nvidia GTX 660

1. Display driver stopped responding and has recovered Nvidia GTX 660 - Similar Threads - Display driver stopped

2. display driver stopped responding and has recovered. Display driver AMD driver stopped...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    display driver stopped responding and has recovered. Display driver AMD driver stopped...: when I open a game the screen turns black for a few seconds and a error message appears "display driver stopped responding and has recovered. Display driver AMD driver stopped responding and has successfully recovered." in windows 8.1.I tried with registry but doesn't work,...
  3. display driver stopped responding and has recovered. Display driver AMD driver stopped...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    display driver stopped responding and has recovered. Display driver AMD driver stopped...: when I open a game the screen turns black for a few seconds and a error message appears "display driver stopped responding and has recovered. Display driver AMD driver stopped responding and has successfully recovered." in windows 8.1.I tried with registry but doesn't work,...
  4. Display driver stopped responding and has recovered

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Display driver stopped responding and has recovered: I bought a new laptop.when i uses the laptop ,i get a msg frequently that " Display driver intel hd graphics drivers for windows(R) stopped responding and has successfully recovered".It will be showed for a number of times on the display.After that my laptop suddenly...
  5. Display driver stopped responding and has recovered error

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Display driver stopped responding and has recovered error: For the past few days I've been getting the "Display driver has stopped responding and has recovered" error. Screen goes black for a while and when it comes back the error pops up. I fear my graphics card is broken, but I hope not. My laptop has one of those switchable...
  6. Display Driver Stopped Responding and Has Recovered

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Display Driver Stopped Responding and Has Recovered: So, it happened yesterday first time to me, never before. I have this desktop for about 8-9 months so i don't think it is outdated or something?*sarc It happened when i was in game ( wow, maximul quality) for a few seconds, the monitor turned black and the led which is blue...
  7. Display driver stopped responding and has recovered.

Display driver stopped responding and has recovered.: Hi all, I'm having this frequent problem with my desktop computer. Since updating from Windows 7 to Windows 10, every time I use my PC (at random times) the whole screen will just go blank and I'll get a little message popup in the right hand corner saying. Display...
  8. Display driver stopped responding and has recovered - AMD

Display driver stopped responding and has recovered - AMD: Had a problem with my mother's Windows 10 tower and I mistakenly attributed all the errors to a bad upgrade from W7 to W10. My mom says she never selected the upgrade - that Microsoft did it on it's own while installing updates. I started a thread on the Updates & Activation...
  9. Display driver stopped responding and has recovered

Display driver stopped responding and has recovered: Been having this issue for awhile now where I would get the display driver stopped responding and has recovered. It seems to happen when I'm watching a video online like youtube or something (usually happens on longer videos 30+ mins). I've tried doing a fresh install for my...
  10. nvidia driver 355.82 stopped responding and has recovered

nvidia driver 355.82 stopped responding and has recovered: [img] Recently my laptop keep experience this problem.. Help me~ Thanks... 23783