Windows 10: display driver stopped responding (Kernal Mode) something

Discus and support display driver stopped responding (Kernal Mode) something in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; Hi i keep getting this error i got this image from google i have the latest driver version(361.43) and i still get it just got it ~30 mins ago... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by Jay2OR, Jan 7, 2016.

1. Jay2OR Win User

display driver stopped responding (Kernal Mode) something

Hi i keep getting this error

i got this image from google i have the latest driver version(361.43) and i still get it just got it ~30 mins ago

display driver stopped responding (Kernal Mode) something [​IMG]

:)

Jay2OR, Jan 7, 2016

2. Display Driver stopped responding

On a Sony Vaio VPC F22 recently (after years with no problem) and many months of Windows 10
    Repeatedly

"Display Driver stopped responding and has recovered Display driver NVidia Display Kernal Mode Driver Version 353.62 stopped responding and has successfully recovered."

I have seen many similar questions in the Community, but mine applies to all programs and has only started recently, with no program changes unless it has been a recent Windows Update.

Can it be a physical PC problem or is it definitely software related?
    I tried replacing the driver, but got some strange results so I used a system restore to get back to before the driver update.
    Incidentally I have recently found lots of small problems on my various PCs newly updated to Windows 10 + Office 365, more in recent months than in the last 10 years. Mostly solved, but it seems to me that Microsoft are putting out lots of
    iffy stuff without adequate checking.

Barry H White, Jan 7, 2016
  3. Nvidia drivers keep crashing on windows 10

It's "Display driver NVIDIA windows kernel mode driver stopped responding and successfully recovered". I have already tried reinstalling drivers, it did
    not solve the issue.

LaurynasGylys, Jan 7, 2016
  4. lifetec Win User

Your DM Logcollector Tool does not have dumpfile(s) inside.

Please check if your system is configured for collecting dumpfiles. (6. To have Windows Create a Small memory dump (Minidump)File on BSOD
    Dump Files - Configure Windows to Create on BSOD - Windows 7 Help Forums
    If you are using CCcleaner or similar Apps please uncheck deleting dumpfiles option.

But from the screenshot your have a TDR problem.

TDRevents can be caused by many different problems. First off though, if your computer has been bought 'off-the-shelf' and is brand new, then you should think about talking to where you bought it from.

Common issues that can cause a TDR:

• Incorrect memory timings or voltages

• Insufficient/problematic PSU
    • Corrupt driver install
    • Overheating
    • Unstable overclocks (GPU or CPU)
    • Incorrect MB voltages (generally NB/SB)
    • Faulty graphics card
    • A badly written driver or piece of software, but this is an unlikely cause in most cases
    • Driver conflicts
    • Another possibility that people tend not to like to hear, is that you are simply asking too much of your graphics card. What I mean by this, is that if you have your settings too high and the graphics card struggles and falls to very low FPS, then something graphically complex occurs, the GPU may not be able to respond and a TDR error may occur.

lifetec, Jan 8, 2016
  5. axe0 New Member
    That is because the drivers have had a succesful TDR within the amount of time to do so (max 30s), that doesn't crash (bluescreen) a system.

TDR = Timeout Detection and Recovery, the Windows mechanism for attempting to recover the display drivers when they don't respond.

axe0, Jan 8, 2016
  6. Jay2OR Win User
    Yes i think i posted in the wrong section i don't get blue screen or anything but this keeps popping up like every 10 mins or so

Jay2OR, Jan 8, 2016
  7. Dude Win User
    Hello Jay2OR, do you have Game Dvr enabled in the Xbox app? That causes TDR errors, disable it if you do. I have used it and started getting that same error. Disabled the Game DVR, and the error is gone.

Dude, Jan 8, 2016
  8. Jay2OR Win User

Hi Dude, yh it was enabled just went ahead and disabled it. So far so good have not got the message yet, i'll see how it goes and post update, Thank you.

Jay2OR, Jan 8, 2016
  9. Dude Win User
    You're welcome. I had that and it has not happened since I disabled it. Its been a few weeks now.

Dude, Jan 8, 2016
  10. MAXIQ Win User
    MAXIQ, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. display driver stopped responding (Kernal Mode) something - Similar Threads - display driver stopped

2. display driver stopped responding and has recovered. Display driver AMD driver stopped...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    display driver stopped responding and has recovered. Display driver AMD driver stopped...: when I open a game the screen turns black for a few seconds and a error message appears "display driver stopped responding and has recovered. Display driver AMD driver stopped responding and has successfully recovered." in windows 8.1.I tried with registry but doesn't work,...
  3. display driver stopped responding and has recovered. Display driver AMD driver stopped...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    display driver stopped responding and has recovered. Display driver AMD driver stopped...: when I open a game the screen turns black for a few seconds and a error message appears "display driver stopped responding and has recovered. Display driver AMD driver stopped responding and has successfully recovered." in windows 8.1.I tried with registry but doesn't work,...
  4. Display driver igfx stops responding and it recovers.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Display driver igfx stops responding and it recovers.: Hello. I am facing this problem:In the Event Viewer, I see the display driver igfx stops responding.I found it in WerFault events and I want to know the cause.P1: 141P2: ffffa403dcc9a010P3: fffff80276b95020P4: 0P5: 2a48P6: 10_0_19044P7: 0_0P8: 256_1P9: P10: What NTSTATUS or...
  5. Display Drivers stopped responding

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Display Drivers stopped responding: I recently did a fresh install of windows, before this, I have never gotten this issue with this graphics card. I can't find out what is causing this issue. I have looked it up and tried to fix it by increasing tdrdelay, but it didn't fix it. Please Help Specs of PC: CPU:...
  6. Display driver amdkmdap stopped responding

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Display driver amdkmdap stopped responding: So I bought a new PC a month ago and whilst playing many games the PC will stop responding and crash. When I checked the event viewer it said that the Display driver amdkmdap stopped responding but recovered about 11 times before the event log reported system startup which...
  7. Display driver stopped responding and has recovered

Display driver stopped responding and has recovered: I bought a new laptop.when i uses the laptop ,i get a msg frequently that " Display driver intel hd graphics drivers for windows(R) stopped responding and has successfully recovered".It will be showed for a number of times on the display.After that my laptop suddenly...
  8. Display driver stopped responding (Kernal Mode) something

Display driver stopped responding (Kernal Mode) something: Hi i keep getting this error [img] i got this image from google i have the latest driver version(361.43) and i still get it just got it ~30 mins ago 36635
  9. Display Driver Stopped Responding and Has Recovered

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Display Driver Stopped Responding and Has Recovered: So, it happened yesterday first time to me, never before. I have this desktop for about 8-9 months so i don't think it is outdated or something?*sarc It happened when i was in game ( wow, maximul quality) for a few seconds, the monitor turned black and the led which is blue...
  10. Display driver stopped responding and has recovered

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Display driver stopped responding and has recovered: Been having this issue for awhile now where I would get the display driver stopped responding and has recovered. It seems to happen when I'm watching a video online like youtube or something (usually happens on longer videos 30+ mins). I've tried doing a fresh install for my...