Windows 10: Display Driver Trouble please help.

Discus and support Display Driver Trouble please help. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Last night I wanted to turn on "night light" mode, but it was grayed out, so I followed an online article that said to uninstall my display drivers,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by GeraldJakesson, Dec 18, 2021.

1. Display Driver Trouble please help.

Last night I wanted to turn on "night light" mode, but it was grayed out, so I followed an online article that said to uninstall my display drivers, restart my computer, then reinstall them. I got stuck on the "reinstall" part because whenever I try to install them on Device Manager, auto or manual, it says "The Plug and Play service is not available on your local device" and I have no idea what that even IS. I don't care about night light mode anymore, I just want my screen back to normal please!

:)

GeraldJakesson, Dec 18, 2021

2. Display driver not supporting and device manager not showing Display adapter option

Hi Maheen,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

This issue could have occurred due to these reasons:

• Incorrect settings.
    • Corrupt or outdated display driver.
    Try the steps listed here and check if it helps:

Method 1:

I suggest you to download and install all the available Windows Updates including Optional Updates. Check if it helps.

Method 2:

If the issue persists, i suggest you to uninstall and re-install latest display driver from the computer manufacturer website and check if it helps.

Step 1: Uninstall display driver.

• Right-click on the Start Button and click on
      Device manager.
    • Double-click on Display Adapters to expand.
    • Right-click on the display adapter driver that is listed and select properties.
    • In the window opened, click on drivers tab.
    • In the drivers tab, Click on Uninstall option.
    Now restart your computer and check, if the problem persists try step 2.

Step 2:

Re-install display driver from the manufacturer website.

Let us know if the issue is resolved or if you need further assistance, we will be glad to help.

Akheel Ahmed, Dec 18, 2021
  3. Display Issue Please Help

Hi Ahmed,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. We appreciate your interest on Windows 10.

I understand the inconvenience you are facing while scrolling down. We are glad to help you.

To serve you better, let me know this:

What exactly happens when you shut down the computer?

I would suggest you to try the following steps and check:

Step 1: Update the Display driver. Please follow the steps given below to update the display driver.

• Click Start and go to Run.
    • In the Run prompt, type devmgmt.msc and then click
      OK.
    • Device Manager will open.
    • In Device Manager expand Display adapters.
    • Right-click the display driver and click Update Driver Software.
    • Select Search Automatically for Updated Driver Software.

Step 2: Check if there are any updates for display drivers available in Optional Updates; this might fix the issue. Refer to the following steps.

• At the Start screen, type Windows Update.
    • Click or tap Settings on the right side of the screen, and then select Install optional updates from the left results.
    • When the Windows Update control panel opens, click on “Check for Updates” on the top left corner to receive a fresh list of updates.

Step 3: If the issue persists, I would suggest you to uninstall and reinstall the Display driver. Please follow the steps mentioned below to uninstall the display driver.

• Open Device Manager.
    • Expand Display adapters.
    • Right-click the display card driver and click
      Uninstall
    • Windows will prompt you to confirm the device’s removal. Click OK to remove the driver.
    • After the un-installation is complete, reboot your computer as soon as possible.
    Computer will load the generic display drivers. Now, please go to the manufacturer’s website, download and install the compatible display card drivers for your computer and check.

Hope this is helpful. Feel free to contact us for further queries. We will be happy to assist.

Regards,

Jenith

Jenith_James, Dec 18, 2021
  4. Arun B J Win User

Display Driver Trouble please help.

Catalyst 15.7.1 AMD Display Driver Installation Fail?

Hi,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community.

We understand how you feel about the situation. We're sorry for the trouble.

You may follow the steps provided below and check if it helps to resolve the issue.

I suggest you to update drivers and check if that helps. If that issue persist please uninstall and reinstall latest drivers available in manufacturer website.

• Press “Windows + X” and select Device manger.
    • Select Display adapters and expand the driver icon.
    • Right click on the driver icon and click on Update.
    • Follow the onscreen instructions to update the driver.
    Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Arun B J, Dec 18, 2021
Thema:

Display Driver Trouble please help.

1. Display Driver Trouble please help. - Similar Threads - Display Driver Trouble

2. Trouble with display driver

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Trouble with display driver: I'm trying to solve a problem that I've had for a while now, and I'm using ddu to uninstall my display driver someone suggested I did so. I launch it in normal mode, resetting my driver to the Microsoft default. I then download a new driver from the amd website, and try to...
  3. Trouble with display driver

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Trouble with display driver: I'm trying to solve a problem that I've had for a while now, and I'm using ddu to uninstall my display driver someone suggested I did so. I launch it in normal mode, resetting my driver to the Microsoft default. I then download a new driver from the amd website, and try to...
  4. Trouble with display driver

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Display Driver Trouble please help.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Display Driver Trouble please help.: Last night I wanted to turn on "night light" mode, but it was grayed out, so I followed an online article that said to uninstall my display drivers, restart my computer, then reinstall them. I got stuck on the "reinstall" part because whenever I try to install them on Device...
  6. Display Driver Trouble please help.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Display Driver Trouble please help.: Last night I wanted to turn on "night light" mode, but it was grayed out, so I followed an online article that said to uninstall my display drivers, restart my computer, then reinstall them. I got stuck on the "reinstall" part because whenever I try to install them on Device...
  7. Trouble with display drivers

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Trouble with display drivers: So I have about an 8 year old HP laptop, model DV7 6B01TX (it still runs well enough for what I need it for which is why I'm putting in the effort to get it to work haha). It originally ran win7, then I upgraded to win10 with zero issues. Recently I had some issues and...
  8. Both Display Drivers Not Working...Please Help.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Both Display Drivers Not Working...Please Help.: I have a HP Omen 15 laptop with Ryzen 5 4600h processor, AMD Radeon Integrated Graphics and a Dedicated NVIDIA 1660Ti GPU. I was working on AutoCAD while casually watching Netflix one day point being, both tasks were not at all graphic intensive when my OS suddenly crashed...
  9. C++ trouble, please help.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    C++ trouble, please help.: I've been getting a The application has failed to start because its side-by-side configuration is incorrect error when trying to boot winrar or steam. I read that I need to uninstall c++, so I did. I downloaded the vcredist_x86 file to update my c++ to fix the issue....
  10. display driver please

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    display driver please: i have got cisco mcs 7800 series server, i was able to install windows 10 in the server. can anyone suggest where i can find display driver. mother bord IBM 94Y6038 . processor xeon x3430 101105