Windows 10: Display Driver Update

Discus and support Display Driver Update in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; I just want to warn anybody with a laptop that uses a ATI graphic card that on my Toshiba Laptop running the Win10TP Windows update updated the driver... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by Winuser, Aug 7, 2015.

1. Winuser Win User

Display Driver Update

I just want to warn anybody with a laptop that uses a ATI graphic card that on my Toshiba Laptop running the Win10TP Windows update updated the driver for my ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4200 Series graphic card. Definitely a step backwards. I lost most of the display resolutions and the three choices I did have made everything look stretched or too big.

:)

Winuser, Aug 7, 2015

2. Windows 10 Screen Resolution Problem

I had the same problem. I fixed it by updating the display driver.

Settings>display>advanced display settings>display adapter properties>properties>driver>update driver.

ZachMorrison, Aug 7, 2015
  3. How to prevent display settings from re-setting when laptop lid is opened?

Hi,

Thank you for posting innMicrosoft Community.

Have you updated and installed the latest display drivers?

If not, I suggest you to update and install the display drivers manually and check. Also install the all updates which are pending in the PC and check.

• Open Device manager.

• Expand ‘Display Adapter’.

• Locate the display driver.

• Right-click on the display card listed and click on ‘Update Driver Software’
    Please reply to us with the status of the issue.

Thanks.

Anil Madishetty, Aug 7, 2015
  4. tracit99 Win User

Display Driver Update

Same here. HP dv1444us with ATI Radeon HD 3200 Graphics. I had to roll back to driver dated January 13, 2015. So far Windows Update has not tried to re-install newer driver dated July 15, 2015 which was pushed via Windows Update August 07, 2015.

Display Driver Update [​IMG]

tracit99, Aug 7, 2015
  5. meebers Win User
    My ATI Radeon 3000 driver update 8/8/15 removed the extended display. I rolled it back and is now working. Trac...where do I find that screen you posted or is that from the ATI site?

meebers, Aug 7, 2015
  6. Winuser Win User
    You can find that screen in device manager. Under update driver select Browse my computer for driver software then select Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer. You may have to check Show compatible hardware.

Winuser, Aug 8, 2015
  7. meebers Win User
    Tx for that. Lesson learned, if you by chance highlight one of those drivers, it will be installed when you hit next. It is non stoppable. *Eek But looked at this edition of Win10 and see 5 instances of the ATIRadeon3000 driver there all on the same date, interesting.

meebers, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Display Driver Update

1. Display Driver Update - Similar Threads - Display Driver Update

2. Display Drivers and Windows update errors.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Display Drivers and Windows update errors.: When I came back from vacation, I'd realized the screen was widened on our pc. Usually updating our drivers is the quick fix, but out Nvidia drivers weren't in the device manager. I tried to see If I had to update our pc. It does show there is a Nvidia display update waiting...
  3. Display Drivers and Windows update errors.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Display Drivers and Windows update errors.: When I came back from vacation, I'd realized the screen was widened on our pc. Usually updating our drivers is the quick fix, but out Nvidia drivers weren't in the device manager. I tried to see If I had to update our pc. It does show there is a Nvidia display update waiting...
  4. Display Drivers and Windows update errors.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Forced Display Driver Update

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Forced Display Driver Update: [ATTACH] I'm on the latest version of Windows 10 20H2 (except the update in the image below). Windows Update is trying to install the Intel Corporation - Extension - 27.20.100.8280 driver, which is a display driver and I DO NOT want to install that. I have already...
  6. Display driver update failing

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Display driver update failing: Using Windows 10 Home version 6004 on Lenovo C340 – Ideapad with Display Adapters – IntelR UHD Graphics 620 and driver version 15.40.45.5126 at start in November, 2019. Since 1st July auto updating has been unsuccessfully trying to install driver version 26.20.100.7323 with...
  7. Display driver downgrade by Windows Update

Display driver downgrade by Windows Update: [ATTACH] Hello Folks, I have a dell precision 5540 and am running Windows 10 Pro 20H2 edition. After checking for Windows Updates today, I found one for Windows display driver. And apparently, Windows downgraded the display driver from v27 to v26. Why is this so?...
  8. Display driver downgrade by Windows Update

Display driver downgrade by Windows Update: [ATTACH] Hello Folks, I have a dell precision 5540 and am running Windows 10 Pro 20H2 edition. After checking for Windows Updates today, I found one for Windows display driver. And apparently, Windows downgraded the display driver from v27 to v26. Why is this so?...
  9. Update display driver

Update display driver: how to download and update display driver since my pc is showing that the display driver got failed.? Do help me with the entire process of working out with this https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/update-display-driver/d47a61fd-2b82-43ff-8275-f455b47b4794
  10. WINDOWS 10 DISPLAY DRIVER UPDATE

WINDOWS 10 DISPLAY DRIVER UPDATE: There are lines going across my screens. How do I update my display drivers? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-display-driver-update/b4b1170c-eac5-4275-a811-db215b4ed0aa

Users found this page by searching for:

1. I want a display driver

2. Settings>display>advanced display settings>display adapters propetties>properties>driver>update driver