Windows 10: display drivers

Discus and support display drivers in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I just updated my windows 10 and cannot adjust the brightness. How can i adjust my brightness on my PC, have tried many ways and failing... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by lytonk, Sep 12, 2018.

1. lytonk Win User

display drivers

I just updated my windows 10 and cannot adjust the brightness. How can i adjust my brightness on my PC, have tried many ways and failing

:)

lytonk, Sep 12, 2018

2. Display driver not supporting and device manager not showing Display adapter option

Hi Maheen,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

This issue could have occurred due to these reasons:

• Incorrect settings.
    • Corrupt or outdated display driver.
    Try the steps listed here and check if it helps:

Method 1:

I suggest you to download and install all the available Windows Updates including Optional Updates. Check if it helps.

Method 2:

If the issue persists, i suggest you to uninstall and re-install latest display driver from the computer manufacturer website and check if it helps.

Step 1: Uninstall display driver.

• Right-click on the Start Button and click on
      Device manager.
    • Double-click on Display Adapters to expand.
    • Right-click on the display adapter driver that is listed and select properties.
    • In the window opened, click on drivers tab.
    • In the drivers tab, Click on Uninstall option.
    Now restart your computer and check, if the problem persists try step 2.

Step 2:

Re-install display driver from the manufacturer website.

Let us know if the issue is resolved or if you need further assistance, we will be glad to help.

Akheel Ahmed, Sep 12, 2018
  3. Display Driver keeps crashing than recovering

Hello Lego,

Welcome to Microsoft Community and thank you for posting. We appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I understand the inconvenience that you are unable to play the game as computer prompts with error “Display Drivers have stopped responding and have recovered” and screen freezes, we will help you to resolve this issue.

Please follow the below troubleshooting steps and check:

Step 1: Update/Install the Display Adapter driver.

If the issue still persists, I suggest you to install/update the Display Adapter driver.

Steps to install the drivers for the Display Adapter.

• Press Windows + R keys from the keyboard to open
      Run command.

• In Run window type devmgmt.msc.

• Then in device manager right click on Display Adapter.

• Try to update the drivers from the option stating automatically update the drivers.

• If it works fine otherwise try to search for the drivers with the help of model number of your computer from the Manufacturer’s website.

Step 2: If that does not fix the issue, please reinstall the display adapter drivers.

• Right click on the Start button from the desktop and select
      Device Manager.

• Locate and expand Display adapter.

• Right-click on the Display adapter that is listed and click “Uninstall”.

• And restart the computer.

Hope it helps. Kindly update the status of the issue, we will be happy to help you.

Deepika Gowda, Sep 12, 2018
  4. display drivers

Windows 10 error Display Driver has stopped responding and has recovered

Hi Kite,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community. We will help you to resolve this issue.

Display issues generally occurs due to outdated or corrupted display drivers. Many cases updating the display drivers help in resolving the issue. I suggest you to follow the steps given below and check if it helps:

Step 1: Update display drivers:

You can update drivers from the Device Manager.

• Right click on Start button and click on Device manager.

• Select Display adapter and expand it.

• Right click on the Display drivers
        and click Update drivers.
    Step 2: Uninstall and reinstall the graphic drivers and check.

Also uninstall and reinstall Graphic drivers.

1. Press
    Windows key + R key.

2. Type
    devmgmt.msc and press Enter.

3. In
    device manager go to display adapter.

4. Right click and
    uninstall.

After you uninstall the drives, I suggest you to reinstall the latest drivers from the manufacturing website and check.

Let us know the status of the issue. We will be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Sangeeta Sarkar, Sep 12, 2018
Thema:

display drivers

1. display drivers - Similar Threads - display drivers

2. Unable to install correct drivers for my CPU; stuck with Microsoft Basic Display Adapter....

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to install correct drivers for my CPU; stuck with Microsoft Basic Display Adapter....: So, my Mac was low on storage and there was something I needed that only Windows had. So I just backed up all important files; and downloaded Windows 10. I've done this multiple times before, everything went perfectly the other times. However; when I tried to run the latest...
  3. Unable to install correct drivers for my CPU; stuck with Microsoft Basic Display Adapter....

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to install correct drivers for my CPU; stuck with Microsoft Basic Display Adapter....: So, my Mac was low on storage and there was something I needed that only Windows had. So I just backed up all important files; and downloaded Windows 10. I've done this multiple times before, everything went perfectly the other times. However; when I tried to run the latest...
  4. Unable to install correct drivers for my CPU; stuck with Microsoft Basic Display Adapter....

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Do I need a new display driver? If so, which one is right for me?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Do I need a new display driver? If so, which one is right for me?: So I have been having trouble with my display for the last week or so. The two main problems I have noticed are that my screen brightness is very low even at 100%, and my screen is flickering from the top down whenever in a full-screen video. I have visited...
  6. Do I need a new display driver? If so, which one is right for me?

Do I need a new display driver? If so, which one is right for me?: So I have been having trouble with my display for the last week or so. The two main problems I have noticed are that my screen brightness is very low even at 100%, and my screen is flickering from the top down whenever in a full-screen video. I have visited...
  7. MICROSOFT BASIC DISPLAY DRIVER with error code 31 please help.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    MICROSOFT BASIC DISPLAY DRIVER with error code 31 please help.: Hello, On my old DELL XPS L502x, there are two display adapters one is INTEL HD 3000 and the second one is Nvidia Geforce GT 540m and the Nvidia one is not showing. Instead of the nvidia one it is showing MICROSOFT BASIC DISPLAY ADAPTER with the ERROR CODE 31.....I'm worried,...
  8. MICROSOFT BASIC DISPLAY DRIVER with error code 31 please help.

MICROSOFT BASIC DISPLAY DRIVER with error code 31 please help.: Hello, On my old DELL XPS L502x, there are two display adapters one is INTEL HD 3000 and the second one is Nvidia Geforce GT 540m and the Nvidia one is not showing. Instead of the nvidia one it is showing MICROSOFT BASIC DISPLAY ADAPTER with the ERROR CODE 31.....I'm worried,...
  9. Display Driver nvlddmkm Stopped Responding While Gaming, Can't Find Source

Display Driver nvlddmkm Stopped Responding While Gaming, Can't Find Source: First, my specs:OS: Windows 11 HomeCPU: 11th Gen IntelR CoreTM i9-11900K @ 3.50GHzMOBO: Asustek PRIME Z590-PRAM: Corsair VENGEANCE RGB PRO DDR4 RAM 16GB 3600MHz x2GPU: Nvidia GeForce RTX 3080PSU: Corsair HX1000 watt 80 PLUS platniumSummary: While i play some game with high...
  10. Display Driver nvlddmkm Stopped Responding While Gaming, Can't Find Source

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Display Driver nvlddmkm Stopped Responding While Gaming, Can't Find Source: First, my specs:OS: Windows 11 HomeCPU: 11th Gen IntelR CoreTM i9-11900K @ 3.50GHzMOBO: Asustek PRIME Z590-PRAM: Corsair VENGEANCE RGB PRO DDR4 RAM 16GB 3600MHz x2GPU: Nvidia GeForce RTX 3080PSU: Corsair HX1000 watt 80 PLUS platniumSummary: While i play some game with high...