Windows 10: Display Drivers

Discus and support Display Drivers in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hey guys, I've upgraded to Windows 10 from Windows 7 a year ago and my laptop is unable to read the display drivers properly and I am unable to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by MurtuzaAli1, Nov 24, 2018.

1. Display Drivers

Hey guys,

I've upgraded to Windows 10 from Windows 7 a year ago and my laptop is unable to read the display drivers properly and I am unable to access all the Photoshop features take for an example, the Use Graphics Processor is greyed out. I've tried out every single thing also I have followed all the instructions according to the information I received in here there's nothing left which I haven't tried yet. I did not face any similar problems while using Photoshop on Windows 7 but now it troubles me a lot. I have a Lenovo Thinkpad X201 with Intel (R) HD Graphics. I've tried to update the drivers through all means but it says it doesn't require any further updates though it doesn't let me use Photoshop properly.

:)

MurtuzaAli1, Nov 24, 2018

2. Display driver not supporting and device manager not showing Display adapter option

Hi Maheen,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

This issue could have occurred due to these reasons:

• Incorrect settings.
    • Corrupt or outdated display driver.
    Try the steps listed here and check if it helps:

Method 1:

I suggest you to download and install all the available Windows Updates including Optional Updates. Check if it helps.

Method 2:

If the issue persists, i suggest you to uninstall and re-install latest display driver from the computer manufacturer website and check if it helps.

Step 1: Uninstall display driver.

• Right-click on the Start Button and click on
      Device manager.
    • Double-click on Display Adapters to expand.
    • Right-click on the display adapter driver that is listed and select properties.
    • In the window opened, click on drivers tab.
    • In the drivers tab, Click on Uninstall option.
    Now restart your computer and check, if the problem persists try step 2.

Step 2:

Re-install display driver from the manufacturer website.

Let us know if the issue is resolved or if you need further assistance, we will be glad to help.

Akheel Ahmed, Nov 24, 2018
  3. Display Driver keeps crashing than recovering

Hello Lego,

Welcome to Microsoft Community and thank you for posting. We appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I understand the inconvenience that you are unable to play the game as computer prompts with error “Display Drivers have stopped responding and have recovered” and screen freezes, we will help you to resolve this issue.

Please follow the below troubleshooting steps and check:

Step 1: Update/Install the Display Adapter driver.

If the issue still persists, I suggest you to install/update the Display Adapter driver.

Steps to install the drivers for the Display Adapter.

• Press Windows + R keys from the keyboard to open
      Run command.

• In Run window type devmgmt.msc.

• Then in device manager right click on Display Adapter.

• Try to update the drivers from the option stating automatically update the drivers.

• If it works fine otherwise try to search for the drivers with the help of model number of your computer from the Manufacturer’s website.

Step 2: If that does not fix the issue, please reinstall the display adapter drivers.

• Right click on the Start button from the desktop and select
      Device Manager.

• Locate and expand Display adapter.

• Right-click on the Display adapter that is listed and click “Uninstall”.

• And restart the computer.

Hope it helps. Kindly update the status of the issue, we will be happy to help you.

Deepika Gowda, Nov 24, 2018
  4. Display Drivers

Windows 10 error Display Driver has stopped responding and has recovered

Hi Kite,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community. We will help you to resolve this issue.

Display issues generally occurs due to outdated or corrupted display drivers. Many cases updating the display drivers help in resolving the issue. I suggest you to follow the steps given below and check if it helps:

Step 1: Update display drivers:

You can update drivers from the Device Manager.

• Right click on Start button and click on Device manager.

• Select Display adapter and expand it.

• Right click on the Display drivers
        and click Update drivers.
    Step 2: Uninstall and reinstall the graphic drivers and check.

Also uninstall and reinstall Graphic drivers.

1. Press
    Windows key + R key.

2. Type
    devmgmt.msc and press Enter.

3. In
    device manager go to display adapter.

4. Right click and
    uninstall.

After you uninstall the drives, I suggest you to reinstall the latest drivers from the manufacturing website and check.

Let us know the status of the issue. We will be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Sangeeta Sarkar, Nov 24, 2018
Thema:

Display Drivers

1. Display Drivers - Similar Threads - Display Drivers

2. Display driver problems

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Display driver problems: I get this crash message during gameplay at time. Faulting application name: Radeonsoftware.exe, version: 10.1.2.1788, time stamp: 0x5ebeeeda Faulting module name: ntdll.dll, version: 10.0.18362.815, time stamp: 0xb29ecf52 Exception code: 0xc0000374 Fault offset:...
  3. Windows 10 Pro - Display Drivers Conflict

Windows 10 Pro - Display Drivers Conflict: On my Dell XPS 15" 9570, came with Windows 10 Home which I upgraded to Windows 10 Pro. Current Version 10.0.18362 Build 18362. After recently having issues in updating the drivers for Nvdia now required via the Microsoft Store, I finally got it done after resolved a number...
  4. Display goes blank when updating driver

Display goes blank when updating driver: Hi! I have a Dell XPS 13. For the past month my display has been going blank when it runs on Intel Iris graphics driver, but has been working with a Windows basic Display Adapter. I have tried reinstalling OS, downloaded driver from Dell Support assist and directly from...
  5. Error Code 43 on Display Driver - Windows has stopped this device because it has reported...

Error Code 43 on Display Driver - Windows has stopped this device because it has reported...: Hello, Today morning I found my laptop's graphic card Nvidia is not running, it gave an error code 43, I tried uninstalling, enabling, disabling, reinstalling drivers, updating windows, system restore, etc... nothing fixed it. So I started to look it up more and found some...
  6. Update tries to install older display driver and fails with 0x8024200B

Update tries to install older display driver and fails with 0x8024200B: Hello The Intel Driver & Support Assistant installed the "Intel Corporation - Display - 26.20.100.8141" driver on my system. Windows Update tries to install an older version, "26.20.100.7529", and fails with error 0x8024200B. I already tried to reset Windows Update,...
  7. display driver black screen problem

display driver black screen problem: hello microsoft , i am suffering from my display adapter problem . when my display driver is updated it causes black screen between the installation . I had tried everything from reinstalling to updating windows 7 to windows 10 pro but my problem is not solved . if i will...
  8. laptop display can't increase brightness -- very dim. But display driver can power external...

in Windows 10 Customization
    laptop display can't increase brightness -- very dim. But display driver can power external...: I have a new Lenovo laptop purchased for my wife for Christmas 2019 and in the past week the screen went so dim that you only can see the white boxes for login. The HDMI port sends, so I can use an external monitor. It only as AMD Radeon R5 TM Graphics, so I assume that...
  9. Display Driver Failed and Screen Flicked anytime.

Display Driver Failed and Screen Flicked anytime.: i Recently purchased Microsoft surface 3 laptop and it starting to close running application automatically and display message display driver failed to start.i tried to switch on basic drivers but same problem occurs and my laptop keep showing black screen and flicking...
  10. Insane display driver

Insane display driver: I've had some problems with drivers for a bit and though I was making ground. If I update my sound driver everything gets scratchy and sounds underwater. If I uninstall and reset sounds great. It updated itself sometimes- I was suggested to download autoruns and hide the...