Windows 10: Display error - Getting colored lines and dots with a sudden sound

Discus and support Display error - Getting colored lines and dots with a sudden sound in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; In my windows 10, I am getting display error. Normally laptop is working fine and suddenly, a display error, which shows colored lines or dots or... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by sandeeps02, Sep 19, 2020.

1. Display error - Getting colored lines and dots with a sudden sound

In my windows 10, I am getting display error. Normally laptop is working fine and suddenly, a display error, which shows colored lines or dots or black screen, and with a sudden sound. Once, I removed mozilla browser and this problem vanished for sometime. But again from some days it again started popping up, while working with Edge browser. Not able to understand whether it's system issue or display issue?

:)

sandeeps02, Sep 19, 2020

2. How to reset the display settings, color resolution, basically everything to do with color?

Oh I see. Well to set the resolution, you can right-click wallpaper and choose Display Settings. I'd make sure your resolution is set to the native/recommended resolution that actually matches how many pixel dots your screen really has.

But then the color settings, I'd try this:

• Go to Settings > System > Display. Scroll down and choose the Display Adapter Properties link.
    • Go to the Color Management tab, and click the Color Management button.
    • Go to the Advanced tab, and click the Calibrate display button.

If that still doesn't get it back, I'd also try this:

• Click Start to show your Start menu, type "clear" into the keyboard and choose the "Adjust ClearType Text" option.
    • Follow this tool to tune your display more.

Beyond that, the next steps are usually to use either the display's buttons to adjust the contrast/brightness. Although if you're on a laptop, those buttons may not exist. The laptop builder might have some software for their machine, but it varies around
    by builder.

Shawn 'Cmdr' Keene [MVP], Sep 19, 2020
  3. cadaveca Win User
    Good surround sound headset

I know you say you're not that guy, but stepping into the $250+ range really brings a change in build quality that might have you never having to buy another set. Otherwise, getting 6 speakers with decent sound in a headset is hard, and that's what you are asking for, and I have no suggestions, but just a bump up the list. *Stick Out Tongue Display error - Getting colored lines and dots with a sudden sound :p

cadaveca, Sep 19, 2020
  4. Display error - Getting colored lines and dots with a sudden sound

HP Deskjet 6940 printer has stopped printing color all of a sudden

Original Title: No longer printing color

I have an older HP Deskjet 6940 printer that has stopped printing color all of a sudden. There is ink in the cartridges and nothing else reports in error. I have tried all the suggestions here but to no avail. Any suggestions?

Michael

Michael Hamburg, Sep 19, 2020
Thema:

Display error - Getting colored lines and dots with a sudden sound

1. Display error - Getting colored lines and dots with a sudden sound - Similar Threads - Display error Getting

2. Thin black dotted line

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Thin black dotted line: Hello, recently I got a thin vertical black dotted line going from the top to the middle of the screen. Does anybody know how can I fix this???The screen is not scratched, I checked...
  3. Thin black dotted line

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Thin black dotted line: Hello, recently I got a thin vertical black dotted line going from the top to the middle of the screen. Does anybody know how can I fix this???The screen is not scratched, I checked...
  4. Thin black dotted line

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Are these white dotted lines normal?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Are these white dotted lines normal?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Soybouy [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/iyuw39/are_these_white_dotted_lines_normal/
  6. Pink line is coming in the display of my laptop and the display is not showing the color even

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Pink line is coming in the display of my laptop and the display is not showing the color even: Pink line is coming in the display of my laptop and the display is not showing the color even https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pink-line-is-coming-in-the-display-of-my-laptop/f7e183e8-2392-4216-a56f-e65d3d79af13
  7. dotted line

dotted line: there is one pink color line on my desktop screen https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dotted-line/93d67498-e510-4933-b8ad-0604c5a45370
  8. vertical lines of dots on screen

vertical lines of dots on screen: [ATTACH]hello, i am using surface pro 4 for about 2 years now and it never had any problem but recently there are times where a line of dots appear when i was using the surface. later, it will dissappear and came back again. what is the problem? software? hardware? please...
  9. Wifi status shows dotted line+lines under it

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Wifi status shows dotted line+lines under it: So not too long ago i downloaded the infamous “desktop goose” that i had seen on the internet just for fun. But the next day, i logged onto my laptop and the wifi wasnt working. I checked the settings and on the wifi status i saw some weird lines. I dont know what this means...
  10. The constant dotted line box.

in Windows 10 Support
    The constant dotted line box.: In pretty much every Windows session I end up getting the dotted line box around my desktop icons. Even after restarting Windows Explorer (which ends it) it's not long before it returns. Is there a more permanent way to prevent this happening or is this just the joys of Win...