Windows 10: Display error in the shutdown and restart icons when there is an update that asks to restart.

Discus and support Display error in the shutdown and restart icons when there is an update that asks to restart. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Kurokomon [link] [comments]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Kurokomon, Nov 16, 2019.

1. Display error in the shutdown and restart icons when there is an update that asks to restart.

/u/Kurokomon, Nov 16, 2019
  2. Midnite8 Win User

Cannot Shutdown or Restart W8.1

First update pack was successful and I can shutdown and restart normally.

Midnite8, Nov 16, 2019
  3. Cannot Shutdown or Restart W8.1

do the 1st update pack only and do the individual updates after that, ensure you can restart/shutdown etc

eidairaman1, Nov 16, 2019
  4. newtekie1 Win User

Display error in the shutdown and restart icons when there is an update that asks to restart.

Quick Tip: Easily Shutdown or Restart WITHOUT Installing Updates.

I'm sure I'm not the only one that has been in the situation of needing to shutdown a computer quickly, but there are updates waiting to install. Previous to Windows 8 you could at least restart without being forced to install the updates, and if you are quick you could hit the power button when the computer begins to POST and the computer will turn off. With Windows 8, now even restarting forces you to install the updates. You could use the cmd and Shutdown.exe to shutdown the machine, but I'm getting old and try to avoid the command prompt as much as possible.

Anyway, the easy way I've found to Shutdown or Restart without being forced to install the updates is to hit Ctrl+Alt+Del and use the power button in the bottom right on the screen that comes up. For whatever reason, this power button is the only one I've found in Windows 7/8 that gives the option to Shutdown or Restart without installing the updates.

Thought I'd share.

newtekie1, Nov 16, 2019
Thema:

Display error in the shutdown and restart icons when there is an update that asks to restart.

1. Display error in the shutdown and restart icons when there is an update that asks to restart. - Similar Threads - Display error shutdown

2. Restart or Shutdown

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Restart or Shutdown: I have a set of laptops which are shared with the entire school. The same laptop is being used by 4 different users. Is it better for each user to logout from their account then shut down or logout then restart?...
  3. Restart or Shutdown

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Restart or Shutdown: I have a set of laptops which are shared with the entire school. The same laptop is being used by 4 different users. Is it better for each user to logout from their account then shut down or logout then restart?...
  4. Restart or shutdown

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Restart or shutdown: I have seen a lot of Windows users don't shutdown or restart thier PCs at least at the end of the day and that creates some of low performance or not responding to some commands. I keep telling them please restart it or shutdown so the O.S will re-arrange it's files and fixes...
  5. Pc keeps restarting then updating when shutdown

Pc keeps restarting then updating when shutdown: Hi I'm not that tech savvy but recently I been having a issue with my windows 10 pc. Before when there were updates I would keep shutting down my pc WITHOUT updating till it finally said shutown and update and I had no choice but now everytime I have a update and go to...
  6. Windows 10 shutdown, restart, update errors

Windows 10 shutdown, restart, update errors: My system is facing many problems. It wont shutdown. Instead it restarts evenafter trying all the solutions from customer support. If given restart it didn't restart and get stuck at the start screen brand name and I have to again press the power button to switch off and on...
  7. Update and shutdown actually restarted and then shutdown!

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Update and shutdown actually restarted and then shutdown!: Either I missed an important update change, or I am going crazy. The idea of Windows Update shutting down, just to be greeted by the finishing update when turning the computer back on was annoying to say the least. I know there was talks about requesting the update and...
  8. Restart causes shutdown & shutdown causes restart

Restart causes shutdown & shutdown causes restart: Event log shows windows update causing a restart: The process C:\Windows\System32\usocoreworker.exe MILESTONE-JB has initiated the restart of computer MILESTONE-JB on behalf of user NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM for the following reason: Operating System: Service pack Planned Reason...
  9. restart shutdown

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    restart shutdown: hello, Im just having one problem with win 10 The restart shuts down my computer and I don't have this problem on linux mint can someone point me to a solution. I have tried to turn off hibernation and it seemed to be working for a little while ,but now it just shuts down...
  10. SystemSettingsBroker Error on Restart or ShutDown

in Windows 10 Support
    SystemSettingsBroker Error on Restart or ShutDown: This is a new situation that I got with the update from 9926 to 10041. When I restart or shut down, as soon as the desktop closes I get this error message which I can click to Close. It doesn't occur when I Sign off. In some cases it will quickly list the applications...