Windows 10: Display flashes alternate colored lined across top 1/3 of screen after a new install of...

Discus and support Display flashes alternate colored lined across top 1/3 of screen after a new install of... in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello I could non log on to Windows 10 earlier because of a message on the screen which read: "Do more with your voice" 2 choices to select from... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by jerry1959, Jan 25, 2020.

1. jerry1959 Win User

Display flashes alternate colored lined across top 1/3 of screen after a new install of...

Hello

I could non log on to Windows 10 earlier because of a message on the screen

which read:

"Do more with your voice"

2 choices to select from

"Use online speech recognition" with text instructions

"Don't use online...." with text information

This message could not be removed or acted upon.

A "technician" could not solve the problem and reloaded Winsows 10.

The message went away but now there are flashing lines intermittent across the top 1/3 of the screen

Any suggestions?

:)

jerry1959, Jan 25, 2020
  2. AndreePin Win User

Windows 10 Screen Flashing/inverting colors

Hi,

Since troubleshooting steps were provided, what I can suggest is for you to try to configure the settings on your monitor's color management. Kindly follow the steps provided below:

• Open Color Management by clicking the Start button, and then clicking Control Panel. In the search box, type color management, and then click Color
      Management
    • Click the Advanced tab, and click Change system defaults.
    • Click the Advanced tab in the Color Management - System Defaults dialog box, and do one of the following:

- To prevent Windows from loading display calibrations, clear the Use Windows display calibration check box.
    • Click Close in the Color Management - System Defaults dialog box.
    • Click Close in the Color Management dialog box.
    You can also refer to this link for screen flickering troubleshooting.

Let us know how it goes.

AndreePin, Jan 25, 2020
  3. win 10 update leaves vertical pink line on screen

today i applied latest win 10 update and now i have a vertical pink line on screen, it remains on every screen. i have tried these fixes

Step 1: I suggest you to run SFC scan,
    System File Checkeris a utility in Windows that allows users to scan for corruptions in Windows system files and restore corrupted files.

Follow the below steps:

• Right click on the Start button, click on
      Command Prompt (Admin).
    • Type “sfc /scannow” without the quotes and hit
      Enter.
    • After the scan, restart the computer and check for the issue.
    Step 2: Also, I suggest you to update the display drivers and check.

Steps to Update the Display Adapter driver.

• Press Windows key + Xkey when you are at desktop.
    • Select Device Manager.
    • Expand Display Adapter.
    • Right on the Display Adapter and click on
      Update driver software
    BUT i still have the line on screen.

tinacaston, Jan 25, 2020
  4. Display flashes alternate colored lined across top 1/3 of screen after a new install of...

When I uninstall display adapter to stop flashing line on bottom of task bar, screen colors turn bizarre

I have had the very disruptive flashing line in my task bar and cursor upon startup for longer than I'm comfortable admitting. I finally googled a description of the problem and found the suggested to uninstall my display adapter. When I do that however
    the colors on my second monitor turn absolutely bizarre and can't be corrected.

A..........aK......., Jan 25, 2020
Thema:

Display flashes alternate colored lined across top 1/3 of screen after a new install of...

1. Display flashes alternate colored lined across top 1/3 of screen after a new install of... - Similar Threads - Display flashes alternate

2. Screen is stuttering / line across screen after update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Screen is stuttering / line across screen after update: Hi!Ever since the last updates on my laptop, I notice a 'stutter', 'tear', 'ripple' or 'line' or whatever you want to call it, across my screen left to right that was never there before the update. I notice it when I'm scrolling through a website or when I'm watching a video....
  3. Screen is stuttering / line across screen after update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Screen is stuttering / line across screen after update: Hi!Ever since the last updates on my laptop, I notice a 'stutter', 'tear', 'ripple' or 'line' or whatever you want to call it, across my screen left to right that was never there before the update. I notice it when I'm scrolling through a website or when I'm watching a video....
  4. Black screen with dotted white line across the top - Windows 11

Black screen with dotted white line across the top - Windows 11: Hello,I am getting a black screen with a dotted line across the top white hyphens that does not respond to any keys or actions. I sometimes get this after I've been using my laptop for a few hours, but am now experiencing this numerous times when trying to wake up my computer...
  5. Black screen with dotted white line across the top - Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Black screen with dotted white line across the top - Windows 11: Hello,I am getting a black screen with a dotted line across the top white hyphens that does not respond to any keys or actions. I sometimes get this after I've been using my laptop for a few hours, but am now experiencing this numerous times when trying to wake up my computer...
  6. Win 8.1 Toshiba Satellite Laptop-Black horizontal Line 1/3 across top-L of screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win 8.1 Toshiba Satellite Laptop-Black horizontal Line 1/3 across top-L of screen: I have a Toshiba Satellite laptop with Win 8.1 and Office 2016. Yesterday a thin black horizontal line appeared in the upper L top of the screen. I tried to capture an image of it but it is too close to the top of the screen.I have replaced the guts of another Toshiba which...
  7. Win 8.1 Toshiba Satellite Laptop-Black horizontal Line 1/3 across top-L of screen

Win 8.1 Toshiba Satellite Laptop-Black horizontal Line 1/3 across top-L of screen: I have a Toshiba Satellite laptop with Win 8.1 and Office 2016. Yesterday a thin black horizontal line appeared in the upper L top of the screen. I tried to capture an image of it but it is too close to the top of the screen.I have replaced the guts of another Toshiba which...
  8. Just got a new display and they're not lining up correctly. Display 1 and 3 are supposed to...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Just got a new display and they're not lining up correctly. Display 1 and 3 are supposed to...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/TheStaplerMan2019 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/k0aiwt/just_got_a_new_display_and_theyre_not_lining_up/
  9. Dotted horizontal line appears/flashes across my screen

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Dotted horizontal line appears/flashes across my screen: A dotted line flashes across my screen every 2 seconds, at the bottom of my screen, a little over the taskbar. The part of the screen under it also kind of jiggles, it appears during startup as well, the first time this happened, it went away by itself after a while, but...
  10. Colors displaying inconsistently across apps.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Colors displaying inconsistently across apps.: [ATTACH] Heya, I'm new to this subreddit, so I don't know if someone has already posted about this issue, but I bought a new Dell computer recently, as my old PC's fan died, and I have noticed something about the way it displays colors. It started when I noticed that the...