Windows 10: Display flickering. Not a cable or monitor problem. Details in comments.

Discus and support Display flickering. Not a cable or monitor problem. Details in comments. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Pandaprints1 [link] [comments]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Pandaprints1, Mar 25, 2020.

1. Display flickering. Not a cable or monitor problem. Details in comments.

/u/Pandaprints1, Mar 25, 2020
  2. erocker Win User

Screen Flickering

Return that card for something else. I've heard of many issues with Asus Direct Cu 7970's. You could try finding a different monitor to see if your monitor is the problem, but I doubt it.

**I though you tried differnet cables. Buy a new cable and try it. Get a Dual Link DVI cable.

Here's a list.

1. Uninstall and reinstall video drivers.

2. Replace cable

3. Try different monitor

4. Try different video card

5. Replace video card.

If you can do any of the steps above, just skip to step #5.

erocker, Mar 25, 2020
  3. Monitor Dim and Flickers

I have a new Dell Inspiron 3668 cpu and running it with my old Dell ST2010 I have run the windows "troubleshoot screen flickering in Windows 10" from Windows help. When I go to task Mngr. it still flickers. So, I uninstalled the display driver as suggested
    and then ran the "Check for updates". The problem still remains. Any further suggestions?? My next step is to just replace the monitor and assume Windows 10 will not run it!

corvette65, Mar 25, 2020
  4. Display flickering. Not a cable or monitor problem. Details in comments.

display 2 flickering?

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

1. Since when are you facing this issue?
    2. Have you recently made any changes on the device?
    3. What is the make and model of the computer?

Here are the few steps you can try to fix the issue.

Method 1

Make sure all connections for the monitor are properly connected.

Check the cable at both the computer and monitor ends. If tightening it down or reconnecting it doesn't fix the problem try replacing the cable and check the status of the issue.

Try connecting on a different monitor and check the status of the issue. If the issue still persists on the other monitor.

Method 2

You may refer the article Troubleshoot screen flickering in Windows 10
    for more troubleshooting steps to fix the issue.

Hope it helps.

Muralidhar

Microsoft Community Moderator

Muralidhar_G, Mar 25, 2020
Thema:

Display flickering. Not a cable or monitor problem. Details in comments.

1. Display flickering. Not a cable or monitor problem. Details in comments. - Similar Threads - Display flickering cable

2. How to turn comment details on by default

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to turn comment details on by default: Hi, At work, my coworkers and I have started to add comments in the document's properties in file explorer to have better traceability and hopefully cut down on confusion. An issue we are running into though is every time file explorer is closed and reopened or we navigate...
  3. Monitor Display Problems

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Monitor Display Problems: The set up is LaptopXPS 9500 36gb going into a WD19TB dell dock. Laptop and screen being used on the bottom with two 1440p displays above, BUT when set to THIS Configuration The third monitor looks like this If they are positioned like this in settings, though the physical...
  4. Monitor Display Problems

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Monitor Display Problems: The set up is LaptopXPS 9500 36gb going into a WD19TB dell dock. Laptop and screen being used on the bottom with two 1440p displays above, BUT when set to THIS Configuration The third monitor looks like this If they are positioned like this in settings, though the physical...
  5. Monitor Display Problems

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Monitor problems, vertical flickering

Monitor problems, vertical flickering: I have been experiencing a monitor mulfuncioning on my HP ENVY x360, i dont understand if this problem has to do with hardware or software. On some occasions, mainly while im using microsoft word, my screen starts to flicker and to display vertical lines. Once i reboot the...
  7. Display flickering problem

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Display flickering problem: Hi there, I am facing a critical problem in my asus laptop model no x412ua. I just purchased it recently. Everything is working fine and smooth in windows 10 except there are some flickering issue which persist. I googled some information and found out that any...
  8. need help with my window management problem. details in comments

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    need help with my window management problem. details in comments: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/jjwwjjwjwjwjw [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/hq5fpu/need_help_with_my_window_management_problem/
  9. White flicker on monitor using Display port.

in Windows 10 Customization
    White flicker on monitor using Display port.: I have a Rx560 and which ever monitor is plugged into display port or DVI has this slight white flicker as shown here https://imgur.com/BABqZGh monitor on left is plugged into display port, one on the right is HDMI. I have tried other cables and adapters, reinstalled the...
  10. Monitor Display Problem

Monitor Display Problem: In the last few days, there has been a problem with the display on our Samsung monitor. The image appears as if it has been scored horizontally and the colours are off as well, more like black and white rather than full colour. As well, the image is very distorted and...