Windows 10: Display flickers after update to Windows 10 Version 1809

Discus and support Display flickers after update to Windows 10 Version 1809 in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I've been running Windows 10 for a long time, and today it was automatically updated to Version 1809. After the update, my display now flickers. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Steve25008, Feb 22, 2019.

1. Display flickers after update to Windows 10 Version 1809

I've been running Windows 10 for a long time, and today it was automatically updated to Version 1809. After the update, my display now flickers. I poked around and found the troubleshooting tip that says "Screen flickering in Windows 10 is usually caused by an incompatible app or display driver. To determine whether an app or driver is causing the problem, check to see if Task Manager flickers. Then, based on that information, you'll need to either update the app or the display driver".

When the Task Manager flickers, which it does, the "fix" is to update the display driver. I followed the step-by-step instructions on how to do that, which involved deleting the display driver and then updating it to the current one. The device manager tells me I have the best driver for the device and windows update confirms that I'm up to date. But the display still flickers.

The graphics card is an Intel HD, Driver date is 5/19/2016, Driver version is 9.1.7.10.4459.

Help ...

:)

Steve25008, Feb 22, 2019

2. Display flickering in Windows 10

Hi Ravi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I understand the inconvenience you are facing with display on Windows 10, we will help you with this issue.

Do let us know if you have made any changes to the operating system prior to this issue?

This issue might have occurred due to corrupted/ incompatible/ outdated display drivers, try the below and check if it helps.

As updating the drivers couldn't resolve the issue, I suggest you to uninstall and re-install the display drivers in safe mode and check if it helps.

Step 1: Try to place the computer in Safe mode with Networking.

Refer: Start your PC in safe mode in
    Windows 10

Step 2: Uninstall and update the display driver

Steps to uninstall the drivers for the Display Adapter.

• Press Windows key + X key when you are at desktop.
    • Select Device Manager.
    • Expand Display Adapter.
    • Right click on the Display Adapter
      and click on Uninstall.
    • Restart the computer.
    • Do the same as above steps, right click on the
      Display Adapter and click on Update Driver Software.
    Also refer: How to: Install and Update driversin Windows 10

Step 3: Place the computer in normal mode and check if the issue persists.

• Press Windows + R keys to open
      Run command.
    • Type msconfig and press
      Enter.
    • In the System Configuration window, click on
      General tab.
    • Select Start-up selection as
      Normal startup, click on Apply
      and Ok.
    • Follow onscreen instructions.

For more information refer to: Troubleshoot screen flickering in Windows 10 for
    flickering screen.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of this issue to assist you better.

Deepika Gowda, Feb 22, 2019
  3. flickers with win 10

Hi James,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community and being part of Windows 10.

I understand the inconvenience you are facing with flickering screen on Windows 10, we will help you with this issue.

This issue might have occurred due to corrupted/ incompatible/ outdated display drivers after the latest update, try the below and check if it helps.

• Do let us know when exactly you get the flickering screen on your device?
    • Were you able to see any error code/ error message on flickering screen?

I suggest you to refer to the Microsoft article:
    Troubleshoot screen flickering in Windows 10
    for flickering screen, try the troubleshooting steps mentioned and check if it helps.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of this issue to assist you better.

Deepika Gowda, Feb 22, 2019
  4. Display flickers after update to Windows 10 Version 1809

Display flickering in Windows 10

Hello Ravi,

Thank you for bringing up your query on Microsoft Community.

Appreciate the steps that you have taken so far to fix this issue.

Screen flickering in Windows 10 is usually caused by incompatible apps or display drivers.

To determine whether an app or driver is causing the problem, check to see if Task Manager flickers. Then, based on that information, you'll need to either uninstall the app or update the display driver.

Refer: Troubleshoot screen flickering in Windows 10

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-in/windows-10/troubleshoot-screen-flickering

Kindly, let us know if you need any further assistance with the issue. We are glad to assist you.

Abdul_Malik, Feb 22, 2019
Thema:

Display flickers after update to Windows 10 Version 1809

1. Display flickers after update to Windows 10 Version 1809 - Similar Threads - Display flickers update

2. Update windows 10 to 1809 version

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Update windows 10 to 1809 version: Hi, How do i update my windows 10 to a specific version? I have 1607 version installed and want to update it to 1809 version. If I used media creation tools to upgrade my PC, will I able to choose which version or does it automatically install the latest version? Thanks,...
  3. Windows 10 Version 1809 updates

Windows 10 Version 1809 updates: I don't see an update for my Windows 10 Version 1809 build 17763.973. What update do I need? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-version-1809-updates/15389940-ea4f-46e5-b281-979afd2f40dc
  4. Windows 10 version 1809 will not update

Windows 10 version 1809 will not update: Windows 10 version 1809 will not update I can download it and it starts to install gets to around 26% and then uninstalls everything .I have tried various way to fix the problem but none work .Now Microsoft say they are going to stop support for 1809 . I have been in touch...
  5. Microphone not working after Windows 10 Version 1809 update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Microphone not working after Windows 10 Version 1809 update: I updated my PC last night i come home tonight and I am getting voice playback. My mic no longer works on Discord or any other form of communication. i am annoyed that i am hearing voice play back and super annoyed my mic no longer works. I use a Bluesnow Ball and I have no...
  6. update to windows 10 1809 version

update to windows 10 1809 version: i am not able to download windows 10 updater version 1809 via windows update option. it gives an Error 0x80d06802. it starts but stops automatically https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/update-to-windows-10-1809-version/607ac241-ca94-485d-bc7d-c30c996af9de
  7. update to windows 10 version 1809

update to windows 10 version 1809: i am not able to update windows 10 version 1809 on my laptop. It gives an Error 0x80d06802. Troubleshoot donot able to configurre problem. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/update-to-windows-10-version-1809/e7efb572-0bab-405d-a026-a948fac18dcc
  8. Windows 10 Pro version 1809 Scren Flicker

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 Pro version 1809 Scren Flicker: I am wondering if other folks have this issue. When I open Device Manager the window contents flicker steadily. This also occurs on a second system here. There is a web site that asks me to check if Task manage also flickers, but it does not and that page then concludes...
  9. Windows 10 version 1809 update

Windows 10 version 1809 update: After the Oct. 2018 I had all kinds of problems. This just one more. i have a laptop HP Pavilion dv7 notebook pc. mWhat can I do so I am up to date? [ATTACH]...
  10. windows 10 update version 1809

windows 10 update version 1809: Windows 10 update version 1809 downloading stuck at 98% for two days now? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-update-version-1809/a3b02ef6-af09-42eb-9011-e95db19e8c74