Windows 10: Display for Dual Monitors

Discus and support Display for Dual Monitors in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; For work recently I set up 2 monitors and it presently works, but its a little iffy. While not in use after a few minutes the screen goes black, which... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by WilliamBibb1, Apr 12, 2021.

1. Display for Dual Monitors

For work recently I set up 2 monitors and it presently works, but its a little iffy. While not in use after a few minutes the screen goes black, which isnt odd since it always does that and we are limited on things we can use like screen savers. However while its not in use one of the monitors will have the "input signal not found check the video cable and video service". Presently, when I touch my mouse it goes away and both screens show as normal, but recently it has been a pain with the display seemingly going out. I cant tell if it is not plugged in tight, its a short,normal,etc. because I have checked everything and I am afraid to bump a cable with my leg.

William

:)

WilliamBibb1, Apr 12, 2021

2. Taskbar displaying in an incorrect position when using scaling on a dual monitor setup

Hi Jav,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community and being a part of Windows 10.

I understand the inconvenience you are facing in accessing the display on dual monitor. Do not worry will help you with this issue.

Do let us know the make and model of your device?

This issue might have occurred due to display drivers. Try the below troubleshooting steps and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to update the display drivers and check if the issue persists.

Steps to Update Graphics Driver.

• Press Windows key + X key when you are at desktop.
    • Select Device Manager.
    • Expand Display Adapter.
    • Right click on the Display Adapter and click on
      Update driver software.

Step 2: I suggest you to install all the pending updates on Windows 10.

• Connect to the internet.
    • Press Windows key and type
      updates
    • Click on Check for updates.
    • Under Windows Updates, click on
      Check for updates.
    • Try to install the updates being shown.

Also, check if the issue persists on 100% screen resolution as well.

Hope it helps. Get back to us with an updated status of this issue for further assistance.

Deepika Gowda, Apr 12, 2021
  3. TomEPike Win User
    Screensaver slideshow does not display correctly whith dual monitors set to "extend desktop"

Objective: I have dual monitors (as an extended desktop, side by side) and want it to show my own pictures as a screensaver slideshow in Windows 10.

Problem: Only the lower half ot the picture is diplayes in the top half of monitor 1. Monitor 2 is black.

Addtional observations:

• In "Screen Saver Settings" the small mock-up display looks fine, however when i select "Preview" the problem with only half the picture displayed occurs also in the preview.
    • The problem does not occur with only one monitor in use
    • The problem does not occur with dual monitors set to "Duplicate these displays"

Gratefull for all suggestions to solve the problem

The same picture also work fine as desctop background with different pictures displayed on each monitor.

TomEPike, Apr 12, 2021
  4. Nikhar_K Win User

Display for Dual Monitors

Dual monitors

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that you are unable to use Dual monitors on the computer after updating Radeon software. I’ll certainly assist you with the issue.

However, please let us know:

If you do not see the second monitor in Display Settings, I would suggest you to click on Detect and see if the second monitor gets detected.

Since you are facing this issue after updating the Radeon software, you may want to try rolling back the driver and see if that helps.

To do this, refer the steps mentioned below:

1. Press Windows key + X, and select Device Manager.
    2. Expand Display adapters.
    3. Right click on the Radeon Driver and select Properties.
    4. Navigate to the Driver tab and click on Roll Back Driver.
    5. Restart the computer if prompted.

Let us know the results. If the issue persists, we will certainly assist you further.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Apr 12, 2021
Thema:

Display for Dual Monitors

1. Display for Dual Monitors - Similar Threads - Display Dual Monitors

2. Dual monitor display is not same.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Dual monitor display is not same.: Hi All,I all have Lenovo monitors one is LEN D32qc-20 and the other one is D32-40. Just wondering why the recommended display is until 1920x1080 but my other monitor is 2560 x 1440. Can anyone help me on how to make them same?...
  3. dual Monitor start display

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    dual Monitor start display: Hello, I have a second monitor which I used for with my old laptop it worked fine but with my new laptop the monitor is displaying 'Out of range' . I have seen multiple ways to resolve this. But my real issue it that when selecting screens I selected the monitor i.e display 2...
  4. Dual monitor Display size

in Windows 10 Customization
    Dual monitor Display size: I am using two monitors and trying to set it such that windows do not change size when dragged between them. Essentially I would like the left monitor to have the same sizing as the right since the monitors are pretty close in size.I have already looked at the solutions to...
  5. Dual Monitor Display

Dual Monitor Display: I am running dual monitors and when not active, one screen goes black while the other goes into screen saving mode. Is there a way to keep the one screen from going black?...
  6. Dual Monitor Display

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Dual Monitor Display: I just recently got a PC and 2 monitors for my office. I have the PC and one monitor hooked together because there was only one HDMI plug. I ordered a dual HDMI splitter so that I could connect too both screens at the same time. However, I want the screens to be connected...
  7. dual monitor display

dual monitor display: Hi I recently added an additional monitor using a usb to display port adapter. I am not able to drag open windows to the second monitor. Any ideas would be appreciated....
  8. Dual Monitor not displaying

Dual Monitor not displaying: I hope I'm in the right area as I'm a bit frazzled right now and new to this site. Setting up a 2nd monitor on my Win10 PC - 1st Monitor is Samsung S27E310 connected to NVidia Quadro NVS 290 graphics card. 2nd is Samsung S270C230 plugged into USB via IOGEAR External VGA...
  9. Dual Monitor Display

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Dual Monitor Display: Had dual monitors working. Do know what happened but know can only get 1 monitor at a time to work. Using a StarTechcom DVI-D to VGA Adapter Converter. When 2nd monitor is attached to adapter, adapter attached to pc tower, will not get any options nor will both displays show....
  10. False Dual Monitor Display....

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    False Dual Monitor Display....: So, I've just upgraded to Windows 10 and I got past the whole black screen of death after the initial boot up. I have an Alienware X51 with a GTX 750ti Graphics card and Intel i5 cpu. Now, I read on a post earlier that the drivers are set up to a certain setting to where...